collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: looking for a hunting partner eastern washington  (Read 7098 times)

Offline Ridgerunner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
Re: looking for a hunting partner eastern washington
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2008, 08:37:40 PM »
Stick around, something will come out of it soon enough, most guys aren't getting too serious about next year yet.

Offline bowhunterty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • Hunt Hard or Stay Home!!!
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2008, 08:52:20 PM »
When did you hunt Mildred and did you have any luck?  Hunted back in high school when they first opened up.

Offline bankwalker

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2008, 11:17:17 PM »
im always looking for hunting partners

my main hunting buddie is more then likely going away for a few years so i will need a new archery elk partner, and modern firearm deer partner.

Offline HEADSHOT

• Supporter of Getting Service Members back to the field
  • Scout
  • Location: Went to La Center High School, stationed in Corpus Christi Tx
  • GOD,COUNTRY, AND ALL GAME!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1126672012#!/profile.php?id=1126672012
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2008, 05:08:28 PM »
Well hunted mildred lakes area in 2005 it was awsome! I had a few chances on nice deer, a bear, and saw some cats up there! The goats were cool as well above the lakes. AQfter packn in and stayn 4days I figued I would save my tag for a later date. I had a blast would recommend the trip to anyone! Be prepared to walk straiaght up all the way to the lakes, with 65lbs on my back it reminded me of alaska! As for a hunting partner I am down with anyone who will let me go! I am a small arms instructor for the military, and drive search and rescue boats for a living. I will pretty much go anywere my feet will take me. Thanks for all the advice this site is great! "Always looking for muley partners!" I have never shot one!
NWHA Pro Staff
US Coast Guard E6/BM SURFMAN #374
Since 1997

Offline bankwalker

• Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2008, 07:39:53 PM »
ive been gready over the years and have pasted up some bice 3pts and 4pts looking for a huge mulies i have seen over the years. sence i knwo they are out there.

but i have yet to shoot one myself. and i think i should suck it up and just get on the board with one first. instead of hunting for the BIG boys.

i did however miss a big boy this year on opening day with my 44mag. and i regret not using my rifle for that shot.

Offline HEADSHOT

• Scout
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1126672012#!/profile.php?id=1126672012
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2008, 07:44:52 PM »
he atleast you saw a mule deer, the last one (of course i dont ever go east) was 2005 FOR ME. I wanna huntem now! There a heck a lot bigger than the black tail I have been gettn west of I-5.
NWHA Pro Staff
Since 1997

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.instagram.com/steve.bell.actionshooter/
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2008, 07:59:21 PM »
Well hunted mildred lakes area in 2005 it was awsome! I had a few chances on nice deer, a bear, and saw some cats up there! The goats were cool as well above the lakes. AQfter packn in and stayn 4days I figued I would save my tag for a later date. I had a blast would recommend the trip to anyone! Be prepared to walk straiaght up all the way to the lakes, with 65lbs on my back it reminded me of alaska! As for a hunting partner I am down with anyone who will let me go! I am a small arms instructor for the military, and drive search and rescue boats for a living. I will pretty much go anywere my feet will take me. Thanks for all the advice this site is great! "Always looking for muley partners!" I have never shot one!

How did you get past the hikers? The last time I went to Mildred Lakes I thought I was attending outdoor class at Evergreen State College.

Offline HEADSHOT

• Scout
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2008, 08:02:05 PM »
that is very true, but I did not seem to have a problem above the lakes... And below the falls.
NWHA Pro Staff
Since 1997

Offline bankwalker

• Sourdough
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2008, 08:18:34 PM »
well we should hook up and hunt them this year. ive hunted most of the state so i know my way around the hills a bit.

i can hunt either archery or modern firearm.

Offline HEADSHOT

• Scout
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2008, 10:03:37 PM »
that would be great im wanting to go east. what are your thoughts?
NWHA Pro Staff
Since 1997

Offline bankwalker

• Sourdough
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2008, 11:40:05 PM »
that would be great im wanting to go east. what are your thoughts?

my thoughts...lol

my thoughts are this. i wake up in the morning before a trip. and where ever my truck takes me is where i hunt. ill hunt the methow area on day, then hunt around ellensburg the next.

i never really stick with my original plans when i head out the door. i will get that gut feeling to switch spots and thats just what i do.

ive seen some really nice deer in certain areas that i know dont get hunted alot. so i focus on those areas. BUT i only hunt them a day at a time to keep the hunted pressure down. the surrounding area is hunted heavy and the deer migrate through the valley to my secret spot. so i see alot of deer there...but over the last 3 years the elk population on this little valley/hill top has sky rocketed so the deer have been staying in the THICK brush. so getting a good look at them let alone a shot is really hard.

90% of the time i hunt a low percentage area, but the quality of the mulies i see are very good. and in most years i come up empty handed. i see most of the during archery elk season, then i unt modern firearm for deer. and dont see them...

but like i said, if you want to get togather and hunt them with me. i can hunt either method...archery or modern firearm

Offline runningboard

• Site Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2008, 04:21:26 AM »
i wake up in the morning before a trip. and where ever my truck takes me is where i hunt.
i never really stick with my original plans when i head out the door. i will get that gut feeling to switch spots and thats just what i do.
I do the same type of thing, when in hunter ed classes and they talk about making plans and letting someone know where you'll be, I chuckle to myself 'cause I never stick to a plan.
Romans 14:2 he who eats only vegetables is weak
Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your equipment—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me

Online Houndhunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2008, 12:19:13 PM »
i need xome local HOUND HUNTING partners.......

Offline bankwalker

• Sourdough
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2008, 03:06:27 PM »
i wake up in the morning before a trip. and where ever my truck takes me is where i hunt.
I do the same type of thing, when in hunter ed classes and they talk about making plans and letting someone know where you'll be, I chuckle to myself 'cause I never stick to a plan.

well my parents know my hunting areas...i hunt 3 basic areas. so they are never worried. and if i decided to try somewhere other then those 3 areas. i always call someone and let them know the area, when i get there and when im leaving. 

im a natural compass though. i have had my friend take me 20ish miles back into an area i didnt know. and i made it back to the gate no problem.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

World Record Archery Blacktail by pd
[Today at 07:31:15 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by trophyhunt
[Today at 07:20:21 PM]

Hunting Dog Memorial by Henrydog
[Today at 07:06:30 PM]

Pairs by nwwanderer
[Today at 07:02:59 PM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 06:50:06 PM]