collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wild Hog Hunt - March 2010 - LTL  (Read 24394 times)

Offline Austrian Hunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Wild Hog Hunt - March 2010 - LTL
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2010, 02:13:40 PM »
LTL, that is way cool.. Awesome hunt, how many arrows did you took on this trip :chuckle: :chuckle: Man I bet these pigs are good grilling :drool:  Congrats and thanks for sharing. 

sisu

« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2010, 02:28:01 PM »
No need to pandering guys...he wants to acuse here instead of trading real info on pm...  there's public land on skidaway island in savannah that's hard to access...  there is a giant wma in Richmond hill that's as island as anything u see in any of my posts...  there's a huge chunk of boat only access public land just a free miles south of George town east of hwy 19 ...  and a sweet strech of marsh land that looks suspiciously like my hunting area...   its due east of midway...  that all said...  ur post is 6o % right...  if u completely head off shore on the. Icww those islands are MOSTLY closed to. Hunting...  with the exception of around one dozen islands that are called the osabaw range...which is a 2xs a year draw hunt!  That all said...  I made not one mention of the countless thousands of privately owned acres....  soo. Enjoy the read...  if ya see a crime I suggest ya call a cop...don't blog about it!  My GA liscense is registered w my cell so ill wait for their call...
But ill warn ya...  ur preserve list is very accurate just extremely short of a comprehensive list of coastal land in ga...
When ya started talking I thought maybe u had hunted my honey hole...  didn't realize it would be a Google based assault? 
Feel to pm me for further clarification.:.
I totally agree on this thread. Here a guy does a nice job of pictures, gives out beta on where to go on a base etc. and someone who is jealous with a less than room temperature IQ comes along and berates him! Come on...leave the guy alone.

Offline LongTatLaw

• Suckling Slayer!
  • Sourdough
  • My 2009 West WA - Shotgun kitty Kat
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2010, 05:11:20 PM »
Here's a hint I shoudnt say...  ranger has prob seen my spot...?  Ever do any wet duckin outta Has?  I have...

Lif...  I've laid out a great hog hunt on here b4..  but u could do what I do...  but not exact same place... I was stationed at ft stewart for years...then went to college n dt savanah...over the years I gained lots of private access..  the trip costs me air + 50$... cost of non-res. Small game license..  I use my buddies kayak...buddy drives me...  so its like 500$ for me...  u would b + rental car + kayak rental...  still under $1k. But good spots tough to find and easy to get on private... pm me and ill see what we can get ya into for say 500 w air :-)

I took 8 arrows..  3 left...  no misses...

As for old room temp... he's ok..  if he believes a crime has been commited in this state or a. Another....  he must do something bout it...  but call DNR...  rather than  writing pithy blogs...  tell the people that helped me carry my  cat out of the woods that we were all confused bout the date so we all carried rifles deer hunting in september...nice of them to aid my poaching rather than collect 10 pts....  then tell the GA DNR there's no private land on the coast of GA...  ill hold my breath for the phone to ring...    :P

Offline Ranger91298

• Longhunter
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2010, 05:33:37 PM »
Here's a hint I shoudnt say...  ranger has prob seen my spot...?  Ever do any wet duckin outta Has?  I have...

Ok LTL so now I am trying to figure it ou will be trying to the rest of the night...riddle me this....hahaha...

rather than  writing pithy blogs...  tell the people that helped me carry my  cat out of the woods that we were all confused bout the date so we all carried rifles deer hunting in september...nice of them to aid my poaching rather than collect 10 pts....  then tell the GA DNR there's no private land on the coast of GA...  ill hold my breath for the phone to ring...    :P
LTL Rocks!!!  :rockin:

Offline LongTatLaw

• Suckling Slayer!
  • Sourdough
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2010, 06:42:01 PM »
anyone interested in great pig hunting...???

fly into Savannah GA...  400$
small game hunt license  50$
Fort Stewart 365 day pass   60$
map of the base    5$

more land than you can hunt in 5 years...

millions of pigs
game wardens will talk ya onto em as they are not liked
unlimited bag limit/unlimited daily bag limit/open year round but maybe closed during turkey season...
open to the general public

go in June & july...hunt the swamps in shorts and tee shirt!

anyone decides to try it..let me know and I can get ya way way more details..

wanna extra motivation?  check out these Fort Stewart hunting websites!

http://www.stewart.army.mil/dpw/wildlife/default.htm

http://www.stewart.army.mil/dpw/wildlife/default.htm

sisu

« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2010, 06:53:40 PM »
Ya...shorts:
 Of Georgia's 40 different species of snakes, only six are venomous.

Not this Finnlander...I'd be trussed up like a old world whore in snake proof pants and probably gaiters to boot!

Offline LongTatLaw

• Suckling Slayer!
  • Sourdough
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2010, 07:02:36 PM »
yeah sisu...july in the swamps of georgia can easily have ya spotting 50 snakes a day if ur covering lots of ground...errrrrhhhhh water...lol   but they rarely bite... ;)

dragging a deer in chest deep water with only a bow and gators following the blood scent stream behind you...thats scary...  snakes?? not as much!

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2010, 07:20:19 PM »

dragging a deer in chest deep water with only a bow and gators following the blood scent stream behind you...thats scary...  snakes?? not as much!

That does not sound like fun. :yike:

Offline Ranger91298

• Longhunter
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2010, 08:37:38 PM »
LTL...Ok so this might be a silly question...I never really went through too many swamps in Georgia as I opted to use the "Box" method to get around the big swampy areas...(I know I'm a sissy)... So my question is are the swamps in Georgia like they are in the Florida phase of Ranger School where you walk from tree root to tree root to keep your head above water?

Offline LongTatLaw

• Suckling Slayer!
  • Sourdough
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2010, 08:51:11 PM »
well Ranger...if I didnt know better Id think that was a round a bout way of asking me if I went to Ranger school...  soooo, I can tell ya about laughing my way through HW...I can tell ya about showing off the day after the 14.5 miler by carrying the pig and the radio since I wasnt beat up like most were...and I can tell ya about the goulag...notice i never mentioned pancakes or Florida burgers!!  National Guard Officers get a one time attempt...NO RECYCLEs policy makes dave a sad boy! :'(

ya know, as a tabber...all ya gotta do is call up the school house and have them pull my green card...its a fairly short story...  Darby recycle with an offer to skip HW on the recycle but a refusal to fund the recycle ended with a rare post-darby admin drop!  :'(   class 0506??

that said, yes...  the swamps Id hunt were mostly in Bravo 6 and the Alpha 3-6 areas of Stewart... covered in gators..and snakes but wading the 200 yards to the next lil islands would be rewarded with nearly a 100% deer sighting if not shot opportunity...  so, for land nav I box...for deer I wade  ;)    but yes, the swamps in Florida Phase arent as good for deer for some reason (ive hunted E.A.B.  too..    I went to law school on the panhandle - Florida State Univ) but they are very similar..not sure what those trees are but my only hope for head outta water is hoping root base to root base..good thing they flare way out like they do before hitting the ground. Scary stuff in either swamp alone during bow season coming in or out in pitch black!!  by flashlight...which I swear attracts bugs, bats, gators, snakes, and swamp yetti ;)

Offline Ranger91298

• Longhunter
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2010, 08:57:58 PM »
Shoot Dave, I could care less if you went to Ranger School.... doesn't make you a better man... I have seen dirt bags graduate and absolute studs that I would follow into battle get dropped from the course... someone once told me a phrase I am sure you have heard... "The tab doesn't make the man...the Man makes the tab". All that matters to me is I know what I have done for myself... Shoot you have killed more animals this year than I have my whole life so Ranger is jealous of LTL...

Offline LongTatLaw

• Suckling Slayer!
  • Sourdough
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2010, 09:03:51 PM »
ahhhh ur so sweet ;)

maybe we need to join forces and see if my good luck is stronger than ur bad luck..  i have no skill as a hunter so I rely on luck  :P

ps- Ive seen the same from tabbers and nons...but never wanna claim something I dont have so wanted to be clear!

and for the record...I cant dunk a basketball either ;)     but ive done ok without either...lol

Offline Ranger91298

• Longhunter
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2010, 09:16:20 PM »
ahhhh ur so sweet ;)
Now you know you can't say that in an open forum, people might start to talk!!!

maybe we need to join forces and see if my good luck is stronger than ur bad luck.. 
Funny story...My dad has shot a deer every year since he was like 12...he now is 58...he always sees animals... we will hunt together and neither of us will see a dang thing but then the first time we decide to hunt in different locations he shoots his animal...so you sure you want to try your luck??? hahaha

Offline LongTatLaw

• Suckling Slayer!
  • Sourdough
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2010, 09:20:04 PM »
i said we could try...didnt say for how long...lol

Offline robb92

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • Location: Spokane Wa, Andrews AFB, Maryland and King George, VA
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2010, 07:44:34 AM »
Great pics and story to go with it!! Thanks for posting them!
"ITS NOT WHAT THE WISE MAN SAYS BUT WHAT THE WISE MAN DOES IN HIS LIFE THAT MATTERS"

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]