collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 07 deer plans  (Read 21677 times)

Online Ridgerunner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
Re: 07 deer plans
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2007, 10:17:43 PM »
Bone- I have faith you could get me on a good buck buddy, lol.

Jackalope - With a new baby you might want to plan on the late whitetail at Grandma's house, your bride may not be too happy being left with a one month old when the general season starts, after about a month with no more than 2 hours of sleep at a time you may find yourself sleeping on the couch when you get home, lol.

chep

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2007, 10:26:27 PM »
may not be too happy being left with a one month old when the general season starts, after about a month with no more than 2 hours of sleep at a time you may find yourself sleeping on the couch when you get home, lol.

:P

I actually get 7 hours a night and have almost regularly ever since my kid was 3 weeks old.  First week is the hardest which was ok. The hard part for me was the last month waiting for the whole thing to happen.

Offline MichaelJ

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
    • www.facebook.com/hellscanyonarmory
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2007, 11:02:07 PM »
Good as in being drawn, or good as in trophy quality?  The good thing about Idaho is that it has great over the counter hunts all over the state, so if you don't get the controlled hunts, you can still hunt. 

Well, thanks ridge, but I'm not sure my guiding success is all that good.  I kind of failed you this last fall, though the conditions stunk, and I was really gald I didn't have that tag.  I am hoping for it this year though!

Looking to get in on some quality deer...  Looking for a solid chance at a 170+ buck with good potential for something bigger...  Idaho would be an ideal choice because it's closer to WA than CO obviously.  Hoping to put in for both states at different dates...  That'd be a helluva way to spend the fall huh? lol

Michael
Hells Canyon Armory Custom Rifles
https://www.facebook.com/HellsCanyonArmory/
HCARifles@gmail.com

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2007, 06:33:40 AM »
I sent you a private message.  You should be able to link to it from your home e-mail that you signed up with when registering, or go up above and click on my messages.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2007, 06:59:08 AM »
Thats you Michael, that I sent the message to by the way, and Colorado closes their draw April 3rd.  Probably not alot of hope being drawn there, but there are the landowner tags or vouchers or whatever they call them.  I don't know anything about them.  Thats an awesome buck that Muleyslayer or somebody put on here, from one of those tags so he might be able to help you.  You have to June 5th for Idaho deer.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2007, 08:13:28 AM »
thanks ridge, but i guess maybe i have it kind of good...we hunt the general season from her folks house too. she and the baby will go with me as usual. kind of the family tradition. i was kind of thinking of holding out for a nice muley during the general season and then if  i draw the late whitetail tag for peola, i can hunt the rut for a nice whitey buck or put some meat in the freezer with a doe if nothing else. that area could stand a few less does for sure.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline MichaelJ

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
    • www.facebook.com/hellscanyonarmory
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2007, 12:44:58 AM »
Thats you Michael, that I sent the message to by the way, and Colorado closes their draw April 3rd.  Probably not alot of hope being drawn there, but there are the landowner tags or vouchers or whatever they call them.  I don't know anything about them.  Thats an awesome buck that Muleyslayer or somebody put on here, from one of those tags so he might be able to help you.  You have to June 5th for Idaho deer.

Got my application in for CO!  From what my "source" tells me, I have a really good chance at getting drawn even with no pref points... we'll see what happens... looking to hunt Oct. 20-28 in CO...

Got some darn good ideas for putting in for Idaho and am looking to hunt unit 39 or 43 (also planning to hike our asses off!) for the general if we don't draw.

So form Sept 1-30 I'll be hunting weekends at home for archery, guiding hunters/dropcamps for the highhunt, then Oct. 1-18 hunting Idaho, then Oct. 20-28 in CO, then back in WA for the November late archery... if everything goes right it should be one kickass fall before I enlist!

Michael
Hells Canyon Armory Custom Rifles
https://www.facebook.com/HellsCanyonArmory/
HCARifles@gmail.com

Offline Fletch

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2007, 08:12:59 AM »
I dont really have any solid plans either...so Hey...Im open...and ready to go :chuckle:!

Offline kirkl

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • USN Veteran- USS Nimitz CVN 68
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2007, 11:03:09 AM »
got my app in for montana for landowner deer and have 10 pts for this state so im hoping to be hunting the rut here this year.

Offline Dman

• Dmanmastertracker
  • Sourdough
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2007, 03:51:59 PM »
 I'm counting the frigging minutes, really thought Montana results would post today. If we don't head over there and I don't get drawn for a Nov. tag, I'll head to the usual blacktail haunts. May have a private lands general season opportunity this year, we'll see.

Offline Craig

• Sourdough
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2007, 04:09:00 PM »
I drew my montana tags so I will be hunting muleys in November.

Offline Dman

• Dmanmastertracker
  • Sourdough
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2007, 04:10:13 PM »
 WHOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

FIRST MONTANA TAG!

DID I SAY       WWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO :chuckle: :chuckle:

Offline Guy

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Longhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2007, 09:41:46 PM »
Will likely be hunting mulies near Waterville. Have done alright there in the past. Also put in for a Wyoming mulie tag, but won't know about that until this summer...

Good Hunting All! Guy

Offline Michelle_Nelson

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Old Salt
  • Bring on the Bears!
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2007, 07:46:34 AM »
Not quite sure what my plans are for hunting this year.  I probably won't get moved to Washington for another 6 to 8 weeks.  How long do you have to be a resident befor you can get resident hunting tags?  Down here in Georgia and Florida it is 6 months. 

If I don't get moved in time to get Resident General Hunting Tags in Washington than I will probably go down to Oregon and get out of state tags and hunt with my Uncle down in the Roseburg/Riddle area.  Or Stay up around Eugean and Hunt with another Uncle I have up their.

I know it is to late to enter into most Draws for Elk so that will have to wait til 2008.  Might get a out of State Bear tag in Oregon to.  I have to locate my Regs from Oregon.  My uncle sent them to me but I put them in a box because I wasn't expecting to move at that time. 

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2007, 07:57:22 AM »
If you can't find them and really want to know something, go to their website and you can print them off or if you want to save ink, just read them.  Not bad on high speed. I'll see if I can find the residency requirements for Washington.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]