collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Lake Roosevelt water level  (Read 3942 times)

Offline b23

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
Lake Roosevelt water level
« on: April 12, 2010, 10:29:42 AM »
I was told this past weekend they were going to draw the lake way down an leave it down this year to do work on the damn.  Does anyone know if this is true or have any more information about Lake Roosevelt water levels this year????

Offline whacker1

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
Re: Lake Roosevelt water level
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 10:42:50 AM »
check out this site.  Full pool is 1290 elevation.
http://www.nps.gov/laro/index.htm 

check out quick links, I think it is the 4th one down for lake level report.  Current elevation as of midnight last night was 1275 and stable for the last 3 days. They typically draw it down this time of year to receive run-off, and sometimes maintenance.  I haven't heard anything specific on maintenance, but I usually don't hear anything until it is on its way back up.  Many of the launches are useable at 1275, but not all of them.  As you get lower they won't be useable.   

I would be surprised if they drew it down very low based on the light snow pack this year.  I would think they would bring it up earlier than normal to try and retain more water for a longer period of time.

Usually 1275-1280 comes back around in early to mid-June.  I know, because the launch we use is barely useable at 1275 and we are there most every weekend from Memorial Day through labor day.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal