collapse
Double U Hunting Supply See our Super Grade Outdoor Equipment!

Author Topic: Where do I get a Spokane County Public Lands Map?  (Read 3546 times)

Offline KimberRich

• Sourdough
Where do I get a Spokane County Public Lands Map?
« on: April 12, 2010, 01:25:32 PM »
I've been trying to research where to get a Spokane County map that shows Public Lands.  State or DNR or Forrest Service or whatever..  I got my Okanogan County map at the Ranger Station in Tonasket I believe but was hoping someone knew the best place in or around Spokane to get one for Spokane County?  Thanks!

Offline Galpster

• Longhunter
Re: Where do I get a Spokane County Public Lands Map?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 01:33:01 PM »
I would also like to jump in here and ask where to get a map for King County public lands. I went to the outdoor show at the fair and I didn't see any maps available.

Another hunter in the same boat. Not sure where public land is.
Hunt em, Kill em, Eat em. Do not hunt em if you aren't going to eat em.

Online Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Old Salt
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 02:15:48 PM »
GoHunt at WDFW website.
”Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." Ronald Reagan

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 02:29:41 PM »
DNR Public Land Maps is what you're needing. They can only be purchased at the Department of Printing in Tumwater, or you can purchase them online, also from the Dept. of Printing. This link will get you to where you need to go:

http://www.dnr.wa.gov/BusinessPermits/Topics/Maps/Pages/public_lands_quadrangle_maps.aspx

Offline KimberRich

• Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 02:44:00 PM »
GoHunt at WDFW website.

I may be using it wrong but I don't see where it lists public land. 
DNR Public Land Maps is what you're needing. They can only be purchased at the Department of Printing in Tumwater, or you can purchase them online, also from the Dept. of Printing. This link will get you to where you need to go:

http://www.dnr.wa.gov/BusinessPermits/Topics/Maps/Pages/public_lands_quadrangle_maps.aspx

Thanks Bobcat..  I'll look at that.  I'm wondering if it will show all the public lands or just the DNR land though?? 

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 02:48:49 PM »
The GoHunt map site does show public lands. You just have to be sure to check the box that says wildlife areas/public lands. If you zoom in too far, it won't show public land at all.

The DNR Public Land maps show all public land. Well I shouldn't say ALL, but MOST. They will show WDFW lands, BLM, National Forest, National Parks. Be aware though that there has been a lot of land swapping going on lately, and what shows on the map as public land may not be anymore. If it was traded, it was most likely traded to a private timber company though, so it may still be open for hunting.

Offline KimberRich

• Sourdough
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 03:26:37 PM »
The GoHunt map site does show public lands. You just have to be sure to check the box that says wildlife areas/public lands. If you zoom in too far, it won't show public land at all.

The DNR Public Land maps show all public land. Well I shouldn't say ALL, but MOST. They will show WDFW lands, BLM, National Forest, National Parks. Be aware though that there has been a lot of land swapping going on lately, and what shows on the map as public land may not be anymore. If it was traded, it was most likely traded to a private timber company though, so it may still be open for hunting.

I do see where the GoHunt lists some public land.  I went ahead and ordered the maps from the DNR website but they aren't going to get here before the weekend.  Would be nice to have one of those for every area in the state.  I'm still think that there are Ranger Stations or something that have good maps available.  I'll keep looking on line for locations.. Thanks

Offline caseyv21

• Tracker
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 04:57:12 PM »
the blm office is down on faulkner rd in the spokane valley, they sell maps for every gmu in the state, i believe its 6 bucks a map

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 05:11:18 PM »
The National Forest maps of the individual Ranger Districts are good maps if you're hunting National Forest. I don't know of anyplace to buy them online. They are available at the Ranger District Offices for $8 I believe. I've purchased them at the office in Cle Elum.

Offline high country

• Frontiersman
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 06:16:33 PM »
I live here and know every nook and crannie of this area, let me say that you will be money ahead to call inland empire paper and buy heir permit, or the colville NF, or forest capitol in colville. the land that is public close to spoko is abused........bad. not trying to scare you off, just saving a wasted dream trip.

Offline Galpster

• Longhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 10:05:55 PM »

Just ordered 2 maps. Great link. Thanks
Hunt em, Kill em, Eat em. Do not hunt em if you aren't going to eat em.

Offline KimberRich

• Sourdough
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 11:57:24 AM »
I live here and know every nook and crannie of this area, let me say that you will be money ahead to call inland empire paper and buy heir permit, or the colville NF, or forest capitol in colville. the land that is public close to spoko is abused........bad. not trying to scare you off, just saving a wasted dream trip.

Thanks for the info.  I've got plenty of private ground to hunt in Spokane, Stevens, and Pend Oreille Counties so that's not the issue.  I have a few chunks that butt up against state or DNR land that I'm trying to get more familiar with.  I've got a few maps already but I was just looking for something a little more detailed possibly.  The Stevens county website is great and the mapping feature on it is awesome but the one for Spokane and Pend Oreille County's is not near as good. 

Quick Links

* Random Photo New

* Recent Topics

Oil by fish vacuum
[Today at 12:29:35 PM]

Need some advice by turkeydancer
[Today at 12:29:27 PM]

2011 Video Details Wolf Impacts by bearpaw
[Today at 12:28:59 PM]

Multi-Season Permit clarification needed please! by returnofsid
[Today at 12:28:07 PM]

Bigfoot by Curly