collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Multi Season Paperwork  (Read 11645 times)

Offline Chesapeake

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Multi Season Paperwork
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2010, 08:17:35 AM »
why do you all think this 1st come 1st served method is gonna change anything, there will still be multi season tags left over a month after they go on sale, dont panic there are still a lot of people that put in then say "whoa its $180, i aint buyin that" but those same people will apply again and draw again next year

Warning conspiracy theory to follow!!!!

Ya know, I wonder if thats the case. Talking to everyone I know it seems as if they stacked the draw. Folks who have purchased in the past got drawn. Folks who havent bean drawn in the past still arent drawn. I know its way out there, but maybe they cherry picked folks who have shown they are willing to pay.

Conspiracy theory over. :)

Offline Chesapeake

• Sourdough
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2010, 08:23:48 AM »
I could see leftover Deer tags easy enough. Its hard to justify a $180 deer tag. I suspect the elk tags will go quick.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2010, 08:37:52 AM »
I don't think $180 is too much for the multi-season deer, for somebody who has the time to hunt all the seasons. Just think what it would cost if you wanted to spend more time hunting and had to go out of state to do so. Figure about $500 for a tag and license, plus hundreds of dollars in gas.

Offline Dansk

• Scout
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2010, 08:45:53 PM »
The paperwork says the 180 does not include the License- it's just the deer tag, and that I still have to buy the license... but in the regs the big game license and tag are both part of the same package price ?!?!    Does this mean I pay for the full combo license i would normally buy, PLUS an additional 180 on top of that?

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2010, 09:40:17 AM »
Yes, the way I see it, is the multi-season PERMIT is a permit, not a tag. You also have to buy a license/tag like you normally would. The $180 is additional which lets you hunt all the seasons.

Offline EDARD

• Tracker
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2010, 02:57:30 PM »
I think there will be major out cry by the 100 extra guys that drew the elk tag and can not get it, plus lose your points. It seems you should only draw the quota and simply add a deadline to buy it. If they don't sell out open it up to first come first serve until all tags are purchased. But of course you are dealing with wdfw who try to complicate everything as much as possible, and this would be a to cost effective and easy method to use.

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2010, 03:08:58 PM »
Yes, the way I see it, is the multi-season PERMIT is a permit, not a tag. You also have to buy a license/tag like you normally would. The $180 is additional which lets you hunt all the seasons.

that is correct. you have to buy the normal tag so it really is like a 225.00 deer tag :bash: i think i will buy the deer i drew but next year i will just be putting in for elk which is what i really want. its hard for me to spend 180 to hunt all three seasons when i am 99% sure i will shoot my buck in the late muzzle like i always hunt and do. but i would love to hunt archery, i could care less about modern for deer becaue i am so busy helping my family get there deer and taking care of them with little time for myself but i would have it no other way.
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline denali

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
    • https://www.facebook.com/bret.greene
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2010, 04:24:43 PM »
I got drawn for a MS deer tag, got all pumped up!!! yayyy .... then I thought about it further? I'm paying $180 to rifle hunt in GMU 336 & 340 witch has been in decline for the last 15 years   :(       I will purchase my archery tag for deer  then during MF season I will be camp cook/bear hunter.... good luck to those that drew and relay want the tag,       WDFW money grubbers anyway ??? >:(
Honesty is the best policy,  but insanity is a better defense.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2010, 04:47:35 PM »
Yeah I don't know why anybody would want to hunt deer in those two units. Can't you find someplace that has more deer?

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2010, 05:09:23 PM »
I think there will be major out cry by the 100 extra guys that drew the elk tag and can not get it, plus lose your points. It seems you should only draw the quota and simply add a deadline to buy it. If they don't sell out open it up to first come first serve until all tags are purchased. But of course you are dealing with wdfw who try to complicate everything as much as possible, and this would be a to cost effective and easy method to use.

I like the idea of F&W over drawing just so they don't have to have multiple redraws right up until the opener, but I also agree with you one the "first come first serve" concept on the left over permits. This may be something we need to push with F&W, or at least let the other guys keep their points.

Offline denali

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
    • https://www.facebook.com/bret.greene
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2010, 08:41:10 PM »
bobcat  'back in the day'  we pulled allot deer off of those hills , nothing big, but the kids growing up got their 1st deer, now 15 years later -bears,cats,yotes,hunters and few deer ??    good elk hunting for now  :)   
Honesty is the best policy,  but insanity is a better defense.

Offline huntindork

• Tracker
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2010, 02:56:45 PM »
Personally i like the three draws-It gives me something to look forward to if I dont get drawn the first go round- I know you guys like it as well as we all sit here giddy like school kids and check our draw status every ten minutes-

Offline BENCHLEG

• Sourdough
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2010, 07:53:19 PM »
PROBABLY OFF TOPIC BUT IF YOU DON;T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE PUTTING IN FOR DONT DO IT. :twocents:

Offline Dansk

• Scout
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2010, 04:50:05 PM »

Hmmm... $180 to hunt two additional weapon seasons in Washington...  I'm gonna lower the pool to 2599 and put my dough into 'lopes in MT and buying Elk/Deer/Lope points in WY.  Someone else can have my tag.. er.. ummm i mean permit.. 

$140 was expensive enough for what you get out of it...  paying over two bills to hunt three seasons in wa is over the top IMO.  Afford it?  yep... Worth it (to me)?  Nope.

Offline buman31

• Tracker
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2010, 10:02:17 AM »
Gentlemen, to clear up confusion:

I recieved my multi season tags in the mail yesterday.  It is a tag.  I am supposed to return my modern rifle deer and elk tags so I don't have two  :P.  I know because it says "tag" and I am supposed to use this to hunt during various seasons.  Accompanied with this is a new liscense that says I am a multi season tag holder.

Here is what sucks. . . I bought a deer and elk tag prior to doing the multi season application.  Yep, you guessed it, that money is down the drain.  Its not much but it is still money, kind of annoying ya know what I mean?

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]