collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Oak creek FACTS  (Read 2489 times)

Antlerking

Oak creek FACTS
« on: April 27, 2010, 08:23:54 PM »
Those of you wanting to go or wondering about it, or anything of that sort. I am an avid shed hunter and I have made the trip twice 2 years in a row(bad deal).

1st thing:
  We got there at 7 in the morning(1 hour before gate opened) and we were about 50th in line behind 4 wheelers and then cars and then trucks and then horses and then 4 wheelers and then jeeps and so on!
It took over 40 minutes after the gate opened before we even were able to drive thrue the gate. By the time we got up the hill there was already folks walking back to rigs with antlers on there backs, heading back to get another load(there stashes). Its a very big dissapointment unless u like the hike and c some dif country.

2nd:
 The ticks down there this time of year are very bad, like brushing them off every 1/2 hous or so

3rd:
 Most of the quality antlers are tagged and I personally have seen a big set that a guy who has sneaked in there and picks em up to help pay his bills thrue the spring months. Some of you guys may disagree with me but I think if you just get away from the feeding stations and off of the beaten path you will succeed in finding a few.It is def. an experiance going down there if you like alot of people.So many people that all the channels are clogged from all the talking going on kinda crazy on the motarola's.

Offline ridingfool

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Re: Oak creek FACTS
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 08:29:34 PM »
Thanks,   Much rather have a good weekend with some friends on a peaceful hunt than throw elbows with the rest.  any suggestions???

Offline silverslayer12

• Tracker
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 08:32:25 PM »
thanks thats some good info for a begginer like me. im just gonna walk allllllllllllllllllllllllllllll day and we will see what happens.

Offline GHETTO GUIDE

• Scout
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 09:30:11 PM »
So is it legal to be in there at all before the opener??  I have never done it but thought it was closed down untill the opening?? How do they get stashes aquired if they arent suppose to be in there??
I don’t give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way. "Mark Twain"

Offline heavy hauler

• Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 09:42:55 PM »
if it was legal to carry them out,  where you are referring to, no one would stash any :twocents:
you cant eat the horns, but backstraps look like crap on my wall!!!!

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 09:49:01 PM »
no it is not legal they sneak in there stash them wait for the opener and drive right to there spot and start packing them out. also the employee's and such will pick them up down there when they find them as well. just because it is not legal does not mean crap to about half the guys out there. *censored*ty i was going to drive up there with my friend and his son but it is more of a day out in the woods and i can save allot of gas money.
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10