collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hunting Dog Memorial  (Read 104327 times)

Online mburrows

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Go Cougs!
Re: Hunting Dog Memorial
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2015, 12:49:07 PM »
Rip zeke, sorry for ur loss bglemin

Offline BGLEMIN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2015, 01:01:46 PM »
Rip zeke, sorry for ur loss bglemin

mburrows, Thank you!
"In wildness is the preservation of the world."
Henry David Thoreau

Offline BD1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2015, 08:34:11 AM »
BGLEMIN...so sorry for your loss. My girl Abby's memorial is posted right before Zeke's. I think of her every day and find myself calling her name sometimes with my new girl Cedar. I hope you find some peace in the days ahead that you will hunt with Zeke again when you make that journey yourself. He will be waiting there for you, in the meantime Abbey will will have fun playing with a new buddy...healthy, young and free of pain, the way it should be.
Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
Mike
BD1

Offline BGLEMIN

• Hunter
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2015, 09:20:54 AM »
BD1 - Thank you for your thoughts, I too believe that your girl Abbey and Zeke have their mouths full of feathers!
"In wildness is the preservation of the world."
Henry David Thoreau

Offline kirkland-mark

• Pilgrim
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2016, 10:24:34 AM »
Suzy RIP 2/2002-12/2015

You were too good to me and the kids. We enjoyed the journey.

Offline Goldeneye

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
  • One shot One Kill
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2016, 04:31:17 PM »
My lab Echo passed today 2/15/16 at 11:30 am.  She was 15 years, 6 months, 13 days old.  She had a full life.  Got to go many places and see many things.  Nearly everywhere I went she was with me.  She had a passion for life and fought the effects of getting old very hard.  We finally got to a hurdle today that I couldn’t help her get over.  So I had to help her onto the next journey .  She went peacefully in my arms looking into my eyes.  I will join her one day on the other side. 
  Her sidekick Bella is confused right now.  She’s looking for her mama dog.  That will pass.  I have laid out Echo’s collar for her in hopes that it helps her understand that Echo is not coming back.
  Anyway, it isn’t often I have tears in my eyes, Today I do.  She’s always got a place in my heart.  I’m including a set of photos as a celebration of life for my sweet old girl.  If you knew her please enjoy them…
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 07:37:24 PM by Goldeneye »

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2016, 08:52:31 AM »
Old gal is in doggie heaven for sure. Probably hobbling around with a renewed spring in her step,  chasing ducks that never dive down, taking naps under the first warm morning rays. Tell me when buddy and I've got a beer in mind.

Offline BD1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2016, 10:50:55 AM »
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I like to believe all those aches and pains are instantly healed. You are right when you say you will meet again. I am sure my Abbey was right there waiting for her on the other side.
Take care,
Mike BD1

Offline Becky

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2016, 09:17:42 PM »
My lab Echo passed today 2/15/16 at 11:30 am.  She was 15 years, 6 months, 13 days old.  She had a full life.  Got to go many places and see many things.  Nearly everywhere I went she was with me.  She had a passion for life and fought the effects of getting old very hard.  We finally got to a hurdle today that I couldn’t help her get over.  So I had to help her onto the next journey .  She went peacefully in my arms looking into my eyes.  I will join her one day on the other side. 
  Her sidekick Bella is confused right now.  She’s looking for her mama dog.  That will pass.  I have laid out Echo’s collar for her in hopes that it helps her understand that Echo is not coming back.
  Anyway, it isn’t often I have tears in my eyes, Today I do.  She’s always got a place in my heart.  I’m including a set of photos as a celebration of life for my sweet old girl.  If you knew her please enjoy them…
Oh Tim I am so sorry!! She was such an awesome sweetheart. I'm sure Bella has taken a lot of personality from her, she will live on through her, and you will have to get Bella a little pup pal now! Sorry for your loss, it's so sad losing fur-babies :'(

Offline Gamehunter034

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2016, 03:04:52 AM »
Recently had to put my Bailey Boy down due to cancer. 10yrs old wonderful dog with lots of drive. Will miss him greatly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A bad day hunting or fishing is better than a good day at work"

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2016, 05:35:38 AM »
Sorry for your loss
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline pens fan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2017, 04:21:44 PM »
Hard to believe this was three years ago. Miss you so much, little girl.

Offline Hi-Liter

• Sourdough
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2017, 12:51:48 PM »
Been meaning to post this.

I had to let my chocolate lab go to the rainbow bridge.  :'(

RIP DUKE 4/27/2004-10/28/2017

He helped raise our kids, he was our 1st kid! Best damn duck hunting dog I have ever had, refused to give up!

I bought him in June 2004 for $500 from a local breeder. He was a real go getter! loved camping, hitting the water, and retrieves. Gosh I still miss the old days with him. He was like my son to me. He loved hunting, when I turned the truck off in the morning for those duck hunts, to get ready to hunt, he used to whine in the truck probably saying lets go! Lets go! When he got older his whining stopped. The last 2 years he really slowed down.  He never whined or barked anymore. He had a spleen tumor and he was just too old to do surgery and possibly too much blood loss. He just looked at me and I knew. I am so glad that he was able to be with our kids and hunt. He was something special to our family.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 11:58:06 AM by Hi-Liter »

Offline Goldeneye

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
  • One shot One Kill
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2018, 08:20:32 PM »
Well, I helped my lab cross over today.  She was a little over 7 years old.  She was ready.  For me to try to extend her time any more would be selfish for me because her quality of life at this point would not improve going forward.

I got her at 7 weeks old.  When she was 1.5 years old she went to Saskatchewan with me and had the experience of a lifetime hunting geese.  Through her life she retrieved all 3 species of grouse, pheasant, chukar, quail, ducks and geese.  She traveled about everywhere I went.  She became so in tune with what I wanted a lot of the times I could get her to do what I wanted in the field with just a look. 

Anyway, here’s what happened.  14 months ago she had a complete tumor blockage between her large and small intestine.  I decided to go ahead with the surgery based on her age and physical condition.  When the surgeon got in there it was apparent that cancer was the cause.  He took out about 20% of her intestine and had samples tested to find out what kind of cancer it was.  It was an aggressive form.  After consulting with the dog oncologist we decided to fight it.  The cancer finally became immune to the chemo treatments and got to her.  We had went through 4 different forms of chemo.  I was able to buy her 14 months of good health though.  Today it became apparent that her quality of life was not going to be there going forward and would continue to decline so I made the call.  She will be missed.  She has gone the way of my previous labs: Kit, Cinder, Sassy, Missy, and Echo.  My house is missing someone tonight… 

This was her last hunt in January.  For 7 years old she had a full life.   

Offline ghosthunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2018, 08:38:43 PM »
Sorry for your loss.
GHOST CAMP "We Came To Hunt"
Proud Parent of A United States Marine

We are all traveling from Birth to the Packing House. ( Broken Trail)

“I f he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 08:43:32 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]