collapse

Author Topic: This wolf was shot near Salmon Idaho  (Read 9428 times)

Offline mulehunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
This wolf was shot near Salmon Idaho
« on: June 09, 2010, 06:21:08 PM »
Got it from frined thur Email. Thought to share with ya people.  Definely will shoot one if I see one!

Mulehunter    ;)

This wolf was shot near Salmon Idaho.
>
>         This is one BIG Wolf....
>
>         This is what we are up against in Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and Oregon,  These big wolves are eating everything in their wake and expanding their territory faster than we can keep track of them.
>
>         WOW!!!!!!
>         Who is afraid of the "Big Bad Wolf?"
>         Those wolves don't bother anything or anybody??? Guess again. Wendy who sent me this one lives near Challis.
>
>         Heidi Leavitt shot this wolf just outside their home down river at Spring Creek.  Heidi was in the store and said that they have had a pack running around their place and decided when they heard about them coming their way again, they would try and shoot one (she did have a tag). So the next time came quickly and while waiting for the pack to get closer, they looked in the woods below them and there was this wolf.
>         He weighed 127 lbs and was a collared wolf and by the time they got it to Fish & Game (which is probably an 1.5 hr drive, Fish & Game already knew about the wolf and said they had been looking for him.  He is now skinned and hanging at their place.
>         The wolf pack had been terrorizing campers lately.  Had a couple of guys treed in the cab of their pickup all night at Colson Creek campground. Not afraid of human campsites at all.
>

Offline markts

• Thank God Im a country boy
  • Frontiersman
Re: This wolf was shot near Salmon Idaho
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 06:23:41 PM »
Thats a big dawg. Congrats to the hunter. Mark

Offline coop2424

• Site Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 06:25:09 PM »
Man those things are huge.  Can not wait to go out and see if I can get one this season if Idaho has a season again.  I am now a Idaho resident..  :)

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Legend
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 06:30:32 PM »
dam right :IBCOOL: love to see them D.E.A.D you know how much that son of a biscut eater has to eat to stay alive

thanks wdfw :bash: >:(
http://www.splitdiamondoutfitters.com/
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND OUTFITTERS
Outfitter-Guide-Booking Agent
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Tony 270WSM

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 06:36:52 PM »
Its paw is almost as big as her face!

Offline bowhunterforever

• Old Salt
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 12:55:29 AM »
 :whoo: Kill all them ruthless *censored*s :mgun:
You know how to skin griz pilgram

Online PA BEN

• LINEMAN
  • Off-Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 05:36:30 AM »
Where's that other picture going around the net. Those gloves look the same.

Offline rasbo

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • In God I trust...Try taking that away from me!
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 06:01:10 AM »
Where's that other picture going around the net. Those gloves look the same.
that wolf has been killed so many times in so many places :chuckle:

Offline D-Rock425

• Old Salt
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 06:11:12 AM »
I like dead wolves

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Old Salt
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 06:20:13 AM »
Hey thats the same one I saw shot near Missoula, Mt.

Online PA BEN

• LINEMAN
  • Off-Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 06:28:13 AM »
I just found the picture I was talking about and it's not the same wolf. here's the link.
http://www.grimsmonstermix.com/old/wolfPhoto.htm

Offline seth30

• Old Salt
  • It's time to HUNT!
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 06:31:14 AM »
What caliber did she use?
Rather be dead than cool.
Kurt Cobain

Offline Cascade Hunter

• Tracker
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 09:02:11 PM »
That is HORRIBLE. Who would eat a wolf? (and before anyone says it, it's just my belief. Don't kill anything you won't eat unless in self defense. It's called hunting, not killing)
When hunting him (the elk) He must be followed on foot, and the man who follows him must be sound in limb and wind - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline NWTFhunter

• Sourdough
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 09:13:18 PM »
Not too many are going to eat a wolf... but they sure as hell are going to eat a hell of a lot of deer and elk if you dont kill em.

Offline dirty24d

• Carnivore
  • Sourdough
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2010, 09:17:32 PM »
Very Very photoshopped. For one that lady has huuuge hands. 2 if you look closely you can see her left hand which is a mans hand isnt attached to her arm.
~  ~One of my favorite clothing patterns is camouflage. Because when you're in the woods it makes you blend in. But when you're not it does just the opposite. It's like "hey, there's an *censored*."

Be come one with Nature......... Then Marinade it.

One moment you're flying south for the winter, then - BANG - gravy.

Offline Cascade Hunter

• Tracker
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2010, 09:19:21 PM »
Not too many are going to eat a wolf... but they sure as hell are going to eat a hell of a lot of deer and elk if you dont kill em.
To me, it's for law enforcement/rangers/government to take care of over-population of wolves. I just don't believe in sport hunting.
When hunting him (the elk) He must be followed on foot, and the man who follows him must be sound in limb and wind - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Cascade Hunter

• Tracker
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 09:26:50 PM »
Very Very photoshopped. For one that lady has huuuge hands. 2 if you look closely you can see her left hand which is a mans hand isnt attached to her arm.

It's not photoshopped, she is wearing big gloves. You can google the story.

Offline dirty24d

• Carnivore
  • Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 09:38:34 PM »

It's not photoshopped, she is wearing big gloves. You can google the story.

Oh so because it's on google it's real right?   :DOH:  You realize google is just a search engine ? Anyone could post pics and a story and when u match a keyword it will pop up.
~  ~One of my favorite clothing patterns is camouflage. Because when you're in the woods it makes you blend in. But when you're not it does just the opposite. It's like "hey, there's an *censored*."

Offline Whitelightning

• Scout
  • Hey Yogi
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2010, 09:42:48 PM »
To me, it's for law enforcement/rangers/government to take care of over-population of wolves. I just don't believe in sport hunting.

When we can no longer hunt Elk/Deer and Moose because the numbers have fallen for some reason (Wolves) then you are going to wish the law enforcement/rangers and government would have had the foresite to see the Wolves are a bad idea!
Smoke em when ya see em!

Offline dirty24d

• Carnivore
  • Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2010, 09:43:08 PM »

Goverment?  :bdid:  So leave it in the hands of paper pushers who've never hunted before to take care of an issue they know nothing about. On the advice of a biologist who may have an agenda..  You dont believe in sport hunting but you hunt for the  thrill and experience as stated in another post????

Offline dirty24d

• Carnivore
  • Sourdough
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2010, 09:48:11 PM »
The fact is, 99% of "hunters" don't have the skills to actually stalk and hunt game animals. Even the books by "experts" are a big joke, filled with tips on tree stands and ground blinds. They have no idea how to tread quietly through the forest. Nor can they follow animal signs and tracks. It's a lost art, given up to lazy "hunters" who sit in a tree stand and put out a bushel of apples or a salt lick 75 yards away. Then they use their overly powerful super scoped rifle and just wait for the deer to come along. Their success rates reach near 100% every season. My success rate is less than 20%. My success in WA is at 0%. But for me it's about the hunt, the chase, and the thrill of being in the wilderness. I'm a hunter, not a killer.    [/color]

--- Cascade Hunter---

Offline Cascade Hunter

• Tracker
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2010, 10:01:11 PM »

Goverment?  :bdid:  So leave it in the hands of paper pushers who've never hunted before to take care of an issue they know nothing about. On the advice of a biologist who may have an agenda..  You dont believe in sport hunting but you hunt for the  thrill and experience as stated in another post????
But I eat what I hunt. I wouldn't eat a wolf. I have smelled dog meat being cooked before in Thailand, and it was NASTY.

Offline Whitelightning

• Scout
  • Hey Yogi
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2010, 10:06:16 PM »
The fact is, 99% of "hunters" don't have the skills to actually stalk and hunt game animals. Even the books by "experts" are a big joke, filled with tips on tree stands and ground blinds. They have no idea how to tread quietly through the forest. Nor can they follow animal signs and tracks. It's a lost art, given up to lazy "hunters" who sit in a tree stand and put out a bushel of apples or a salt lick 75 yards away. Then they use their overly powerful super scoped rifle and just wait for the deer to come along. Their success rates reach near 100% every season. My success rate is less than 20%. My success in WA is at 0%. But for me it's about the hunt, the chase, and the thrill of being in the wilderness. I'm a hunter, not a killer.    [/color]

--- Cascade Hunter---

Your making a huge assumption as to how we hunt or I hunt. I dont use tree stands or blinds I do walk the woods actually I see no other hunters where I hunt.  If you think you are above the mass of the hunters on this site you a mistaken! I eat what I shot with the exception of Dog coyote or wolf.
Smoke em when ya see em!

Offline Cascade Hunter

• Tracker
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2010, 10:11:00 PM »

--- Cascade Hunter---

Your making a huge assumption as to how we hunt or I hunt. I dont use tree stands or blinds I do walk the woods actually I see no other hunters where I hunt.  If you think you are above the mass of the hunters on this site you a mistaken! I eat what I shot with the exception of Dog coyote or wolf.
I respect that kind of hunting. I also hunt very isolated areas. My comments are directed at the tree stand "hunters."

Online PA BEN

• LINEMAN
  • Off-Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2010, 07:12:05 AM »
Cascade Hunter! It's called Predator control. The game Dept. doesn't have enough people to do the job. You need to go live on a farm for awhile and see what these animals can do to live stock. Maybe you should go and hug a tree and feel better.

Quick Links

* Random Photo New

hunt08 028

Views: 142
Posted by: fireoff
in: 2008 Deer Season

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal