collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: This wolf was shot near Salmon Idaho  (Read 27348 times)

Offline Cascade Hunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Re: This wolf was shot near Salmon Idaho
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2010, 09:19:21 PM »
Not too many are going to eat a wolf... but they sure as hell are going to eat a hell of a lot of deer and elk if you dont kill em.
To me, it's for law enforcement/rangers/government to take care of over-population of wolves. I just don't believe in sport hunting.
When hunting him (the elk) … He must be followed on foot, and the man who follows him must be sound in limb and wind - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Cascade Hunter

• Tracker
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 09:26:50 PM »
Very Very photoshopped. For one that lady has huuuge hands. 2 if you look closely you can see her left hand which is a mans hand isnt attached to her arm.
It's not photoshopped, she is wearing big gloves. You can google the story.

When hunting him (the elk) … He must be followed on foot, and the man who follows him must be sound in limb and wind - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline dirty24d

• Carnivore
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 09:38:34 PM »
Very Very photoshopped. For one that lady has huuuge hands. 2 if you look closely you can see her left hand which is a mans hand isnt attached to her arm.
It's not photoshopped, she is wearing big gloves. You can google the story.

Oh so because it's on google it's real right?   :DOH:  You realize google is just a search engine ? Anyone could post pics and a story and when u match a keyword it will pop up.
~  ~One of my favorite clothing patterns is camouflage. Because when you're in the woods it makes you blend in. But when you're not it does just the opposite. It's like "hey, there's an *censored*."”

Be come one with Nature......... Then Marinade it.

One moment you're flying south for the winter, then - BANG - gravy.

Offline Whitelightning

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
  • Hey Yogi
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2010, 09:42:48 PM »
Not too many are going to eat a wolf... but they sure as hell are going to eat a hell of a lot of deer and elk if you dont kill em.
To me, it's for law enforcement/rangers/government to take care of over-population of wolves. I just don't believe in sport hunting.

When we can no longer hunt Elk/Deer and Moose because the numbers have fallen for some reason (Wolves) then you are going to wish the law enforcement/rangers and government would have had the foresite to see the Wolves are a bad idea!
Smoke em when ya see em!

Offline dirty24d

• Carnivore
  • Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2010, 09:43:08 PM »

Goverment?  :bdid:  So leave it in the hands of paper pushers who've never hunted before to take care of an issue they know nothing about. On the advice of a biologist who may have an agenda..  You dont believe in sport hunting but you hunt for the  thrill and experience as stated in another post????
~  ~One of my favorite clothing patterns is camouflage. Because when you're in the woods it makes you blend in. But when you're not it does just the opposite. It's like "hey, there's an *censored*."”

Offline dirty24d

• Carnivore
  • Sourdough
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2010, 09:48:11 PM »
The fact is, 99% of "hunters" don't have the skills to actually stalk and hunt game animals. Even the books by "experts" are a big joke, filled with tips on tree stands and ground blinds. They have no idea how to tread quietly through the forest. Nor can they follow animal signs and tracks. It's a lost art, given up to lazy "hunters" who sit in a tree stand and put out a bushel of apples or a salt lick 75 yards away. Then they use their overly powerful super scoped rifle and just wait for the deer to come along. Their success rates reach near 100% every season. My success rate is less than 20%. My success in WA is at 0%. But for me it's about the hunt, the chase, and the thrill of being in the wilderness. I'm a hunter, not a killer.    [/color]

--- Cascade Hunter---

Offline Cascade Hunter

• Tracker
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2010, 10:01:11 PM »

Goverment?  :bdid:  So leave it in the hands of paper pushers who've never hunted before to take care of an issue they know nothing about. On the advice of a biologist who may have an agenda..  You dont believe in sport hunting but you hunt for the  thrill and experience as stated in another post????
But I eat what I hunt. I wouldn't eat a wolf. I have smelled dog meat being cooked before in Thailand, and it was NASTY.

Offline Whitelightning

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
  • Hey Yogi
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2010, 10:06:16 PM »
The fact is, 99% of "hunters" don't have the skills to actually stalk and hunt game animals. Even the books by "experts" are a big joke, filled with tips on tree stands and ground blinds. They have no idea how to tread quietly through the forest. Nor can they follow animal signs and tracks. It's a lost art, given up to lazy "hunters" who sit in a tree stand and put out a bushel of apples or a salt lick 75 yards away. Then they use their overly powerful super scoped rifle and just wait for the deer to come along. Their success rates reach near 100% every season. My success rate is less than 20%. My success in WA is at 0%. But for me it's about the hunt, the chase, and the thrill of being in the wilderness. I'm a hunter, not a killer.    [/color]

--- Cascade Hunter---

Your making a huge assumption as to how we hunt or I hunt. I dont use tree stands or blinds I do walk the woods actually I see no other hunters where I hunt.  If you think you are above the mass of the hunters on this site you a mistaken! I eat what I shot with the exception of Dog coyote or wolf.
Smoke em when ya see em!

Offline Cascade Hunter

• Tracker
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2010, 10:11:00 PM »

--- Cascade Hunter---

Your making a huge assumption as to how we hunt or I hunt. I dont use tree stands or blinds I do walk the woods actually I see no other hunters where I hunt.  If you think you are above the mass of the hunters on this site you a mistaken! I eat what I shot with the exception of Dog coyote or wolf.
I respect that kind of hunting. I also hunt very isolated areas. My comments are directed at the tree stand "hunters."

Offline PA BEN

• LINEMAN
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2010, 07:12:05 AM »
Cascade Hunter! It's called Predator control. The game Dept. doesn't have enough people to do the job. You need to go live on a farm for awhile and see what these animals can do to live stock. Maybe you should go and hug a tree and feel better.

Offline lokidog

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2010, 07:43:48 AM »
Cascade Hunter you are an   :ass:

This is the problem with "hunters" like you, you think you are above the rest because you bumble through the woods and aren't very successful.  "Oh, those treestand hunters, they're successful so they must not be real hunters...."  Do you have to have an empty freezer to be a successful hunter?  There is a lot of prep and work put into scouting and figuring out where to place a treestand, especially for bow hunting, in order to be successful. 

If you don't like tree stands, don't use one, but shut the F up.  We don't need people within our ranks (if you are) adding to the negativity and divisiveness that the anti-hunters feed on.

Sorry for the off-topic rant.

Offline runamuk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2010, 08:21:04 AM »
I am more of a kill what you eat sort of person however having farmed and lived in farming areas and seeing first hand the damage CANINES can do predator control is necessary, as is defense of property (stock) against these critters.  Hunter against hunter is going to be the end of hunting flaming each other on principles or a perons own chosen morals is a waste of time and creates animosity.

You can choose to not partake of an activity that is legal if you but it doesn't mean you need to belittle those who do use it....

I have discovered I sort of like the predators something about them attracts me and given the opportunity I would wolf hunt in a heartbeat I also support the development of native wolf packs...its these giant canadian wolves that we do not need here The reason Alaska still utilizes airborne predator control (which is NOT hunting) is because the wolves tend to thrive and even in a place as vast and natural as Alaska there is a balance that nature no longer keeps humans are part of nature we must take part in managing it if we want any wildlife left at all....killing predators actually benefits the predators you cannot simply relocate these critters.

The first pics look like that same ginormous wolf with the big gloves thats been all over the net and shot in almost every state in the union :rolleyes: the pics of the gal sitting with the wolf I have not seen and that looks more real....

Offline NWBREW

• Frontiersman
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2010, 08:28:07 AM »
Cascade hunter....what the heck is wrong with hunting out of a tree stand? Just because you don't do it or believe it's the right thing to do doesn't mean your right. That kind of mentality is what is going to divide hunters and kill the very thing we as HUNTERS love to do the most. You say it's the game dept. job to kill wolves......then why do we have a hunting season in Idaho for wolves. The dept set the season for a reason....are they wrong as well.

Every hunter has the right to hunt what, when and how as long as it is legal to do so.  I will always support that....bow, muzzy, rifle, treestand. groundblind, salt lick, spot and stalk or what ever they CHOOSE to do so. It is hunters like you that will help to kill this sport. Hunters cannot be divided.....we must stick together.      Just my opinion.....like it or not.
Just one more day

Offline robb92

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • Location: Spokane Wa, Andrews AFB, Maryland and King George, VA
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2010, 08:57:05 AM »
Good for the lady filling her tag, nice wolf and one less game killer running around.
"ITS NOT WHAT THE WISE MAN SAYS BUT WHAT THE WISE MAN DOES IN HIS LIFE THAT MATTERS"

Offline Bigshooter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
  • High Wide And Heavy
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2010, 01:56:25 PM »
Cascade hunter isnt a hunter.  He's a liberal that voted for obama.  And wants the government to take care of him.
Welcome to liberal America, where the truth is condemned and facts are ignored so as not to "offend" anyone

"Borders, language, culture."

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal