collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Predators & lights  (Read 20318 times)

Offline Ray

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1475043431
    • Hunting-Washington
Re: Predators & lights
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2007, 06:55:05 PM »
Well there is nothing hidden behind  why I prefer to keep things the way that they are. Just like I said - nowadays when people rewrite laws to make improvements there always seems to be a side effect that something else is taken away or compromised. That doesn't indicate in any way shape or form that I agree with what we have today 100 percent or that I think that it is right or that I am against anyone campaigning for change. I guess you could say that I am paranoid about these sort of things.

Offline Krusty

• Hunter
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2007, 06:59:15 PM »
Willie,

Okay dude, I decided to help you out. ;)

Just like in the regs, I went back up to what I believe the changes "should be", and I made the new parts (that would appear in next years game regs) into red text.

Look in your new game regs, on page 61, and you'll see the way it is currently written.

Krusty
Sarcasm; just one of the many services I offer.

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2007, 08:00:12 PM »
LOL  :):) 

"On your line of thinking, why didn't they combine modern rifle deer season, with duck season... they happen around the same time?" 

My line of thinking?  I was just trying to interpert their line of reasoning. Trust me it's NOT my line of thinking at all. 

I figured since I combined bobcat, raccoons and yotes in the same line about as long as modern firearms was not going on folks would realize I was talking about during their season. I went back and fixed for you. 

Hang on, there will be several times in future post where I am not extremely explicit, from this point on please infer I am speaking on the right side of the law.  :):)  Not trying to be a smart @$$, just messing with you. 

You can't be all bad I see your a trapper, same here.  Of course in this state I am lower then pond scum, I'm a trapper and a houndsmen!  :):)

I am in agreement easier understanding regs are needed.  Did you realize it is illegal to have treeing switches on your collars?  You would figure something like that would be in the regs.  It's not.  How are new houndsmen supposed to know when they are breaking the law.  They have to search the WACs and find some obscure law that they don't even know exisits.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 08:53:16 PM by Machias »
Fred Moyer

When it's Grim, be the GRIM REAPER!

Offline Krusty

• Hunter
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2007, 09:13:40 PM »
Fred,

Yeah yeah, it's hard to explain what the insane are thinking.

Messing with me is fully encouraged, but then I am gonna mess with you once in a while. :)

I can't be all good either, if I am a trapper, eh?

I asked my brother today, if he recognized your name, he recognized your screen name (if are you Machias on other predator boards, like Predator Masters, etc.?).
Were you at the Trapper's Rendezvous this past summer?
You going this time?

I never had a grudge against houndsmen, to each his own.
I wasn't ever into that much running either, otherwise I mighta ran dogs.

I can tell you it's my opinion that we need houndsmen over here in downtown bear country.
Large predators need to have a fear of man, and dog.

...but that's a whole 'nother ball of string, best left to a thread of it's own.

We've actually got one of the most informative threads on night hunting in Washington, on the 'net.
Let's not hi-jack it eh? :)

Krusty

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2007, 06:19:35 AM »
Krusty,

Actually I am very clear on the regs on night hunting and I have never had a problem.
 My post was in jest, and more about your earlier post

"I didn't mean to imply you were advocating unlawful hunting, but it would be really easy for someone to misread and misunderstand what you wrote."

and trying to keep things clear for others.

Edit for typos.......there are probably more!

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Explorer
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2007, 06:22:55 AM »

I am in agreement easier understanding regs are needed.  Did you realize it is illegal to have treeing switches on your collars?  You would figure something like that would be in the regs.  It's not.  How are new houndsmen supposed to know when they are breaking the law.  They have to search the WACs and find some obscure law that they don't even know exisits.

Remember, the reg book is not comprehensive. They are just an overview of the game laws.

More typos..

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Explorer
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2007, 09:39:25 AM »
Same guy same screen name Krusty, and I agree, I'll leave this one alone.

Your right Billy, but does every new sportsmen know they have to scour the WACs to find obscure laws?  Probably not, something like treeing switches being illegal, should be in the regs.  But you are right about your point.
Fred Moyer

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Explorer
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2007, 05:16:47 PM »
but does every new sportsmen know they have to scour the WACs to find obscure laws?  Probably not, something like treeing switches being illegal, should be in the regs. 

I agree as well. Those "obscure" laws that have "always" been there should be alot easier to find. I would gladly pay a small fee for a comprehensive copy every few years. That way I wouldn't have to scour the net for RCWs & WACs only to find out they were replaced or updated.

What I don't understand is how something like the treeing switch is such a big deal. Do you know why they put that into effect?

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Explorer
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2007, 10:47:47 PM »
I'm going to start another thread, Obscure Laws, that way we don't hijack this threa any more :)
Fred Moyer

Offline Otto1

• Scout
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2007, 09:05:44 AM »

And Ducks Unlimited, Trout Unlimited, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, and Pheasant Forever, have also all lobbied for clarity.
That's a lot of big organizations, all with the charge of "lookin' out for us", that believe we do need change (and spending a fair amount of OUR money trying).

Krusty

I highly doubt that DU has done any lobbying it is not in their mission statement and they have refused to in the past and continue till this day.

What has the Hunters Heritage or W4WC said, as I consider those the ones tasked to "look" out for us.

Offline Krusty

• Hunter
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2007, 10:52:47 AM »
Otto,

The organizations I listed were from the lobbyist that works for the WSTA (organizations he said he had "cooperated with"), or from the article in the Grange News.

I could be mistaken on DU, and that wouldn't be a big suprise (to me).

Krusty

Offline Otto1

• Scout
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2007, 04:00:39 PM »
Krusty,

I highly doubt that DU was involved but if they were great they may be making a turn for the better.
My biggest beef with them over the years and thats the reason I support other organizations that are allowed to get involved in the political arena is just that, I want an organization that I support to use its clout to cover the average joes back and they dont!
Dont get me wrong DU is a great organization and does huge amounts of good for the quarry I love to chase the most but when it comes to using their mass membership to rally the troops so to speak they don not, even though the majority of them are consumptive users.
I could see them lobbying in Olympia if it had something to do with their mission statement but consumptive use and speaking up for the hunter is not.

I really get a kick out of the dude that sends in his 25 dollar membership to DU thinking that they supporting the consumptive user rights and privilages. Just makes me want to slap him in the face and say wake up dumb a ss! you are supporting wetland restoration and nothing more.

Offline Otto1

• Scout
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2007, 04:04:12 PM »
for the record, I am doing a volunteer deal with DU in a couple of weeks that involves a youth shoot, I do support their efforts on a local basis as local chapters can organize events that promote our way of life and get youth involved in shooting and hunting but their bank roll from fundraising is spent on wetland management and restoration.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2007, 04:30:12 PM »
I was just about to say that $25.00 from me is a small price to pay for habitat restoration....
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Otto1

• Scout
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2007, 04:34:30 PM »
I was just about to say that $25.00 from me is a small price to pay for habitat restoration....

just dont say that your consumptive user privlages our backed by them LOL

they do great things for the wetlands and I support them for that, I have worked right along side them in that effort and will continue to.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal