collapse

Author Topic: STOLEN BOAT!!!!!  (Read 5808 times)

Offline bigcountry

• Hunter
STOLEN BOAT!!!!!
« on: June 11, 2010, 11:41:13 AM »
Hey everyone.  Well talked to my dad this morning and sometime Wednesday night his boat was stolen from his carport!   >:( >:(  It was a newer 13' smokercraft alaskan with a brand spanking new Tohatsu 15 hp motor.  Dad had been taking it to the local lakes to break it in fully for our trip this weekend to east. wash for some walleyes.......which isnt happening now.  My dad has always worked his ass off for all his kids (I have 3 sisters) and never had much.  We always used to fish out of a leaky 12' aluminum...rowing.  Anyway finally gets something nice and thieves rip it off!  If I could only get my hands on them................. :mgun:   The boat also had a minnkota trolling motor along with batteries, all of our fishing gear, 4 poles, battery charger, gas tank, tool box, etc.  If anyone sees something similar to this description for sale (parts or the whole enchillada) I would appreciate a heads up.  Love to catch whoever did this.  The boat was stolen from the Olympia area where he lives.  Thanks
There are no shortcuts to any place worth going!

Offline benhuntin

• Sourdough
Re: STOLEN BOAT!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 11:44:28 AM »
 :sry: Ill keep my eyes peeled.  Any Pics?
If it aint broke, dont fix it.

Offline bucklucky

• CHARLIE'S TAXIDERMY
  • Site Ad Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Charlie's Taxidermy
    • Charlie Smith
    • Charlies Taxidermy
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 11:47:19 AM »
I really hate theives. Got my eyes and ears open. Hope it is found .

Offline bigcountry

• Hunter
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 11:51:13 AM »
I will try to get some pics, not sure if he has any since its so new.  I believe it is a 2009 model boat and trailer, pretty standard.  He mounted 2 custom swivel seats in the front and back.  The motor is a dark blue-ish color.  Couple of the reels were abu-garcia ambassador baitcasters.

Offline whacker1

• Off-Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 11:55:03 AM »
watch craigslist

Offline Happy Gilmore

• Site Ad Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 11:55:21 AM »
get on craigslist for the motor, batteries etc and call the local aluminum recyclers. they might cut it up to sell as scrap.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt 1899

Offline bucklucky

• CHARLIE'S TAXIDERMY
  • Site Ad Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Charlie's Taxidermy
    • Charlie Smith
    • Charlies Taxidermy
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 11:55:46 AM »
I was just typing that. Definately watch craigslist!

Offline Happy Gilmore

• Site Ad Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 11:59:49 AM »
http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/boa/1786596059.html

just searched tohatsu. I'd put out a bunch of different similar adds and use different friends phone numbers to make it look like different people, Know what I mean.  Do one for the boat and all stuff inside the boat.

WTB- fishing gear- pay top price
WTB- aluminum boat in very good condition. interested in SmokerCraft etc....
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt 1899

Offline robodad

• Frontiersman
    • frog4life !!
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 12:00:46 PM »
I have a 14' northwood with 3 pedistal seats, 25hp motor, electric trolling motor battery fuel livewell  etc...on a nice trailer all set up if you want to borrow it for the weekend, only thing is I want a couple walleye fillets when you bring it back !!!  :hello:

Hate to see you miss your trip cause of some *censored* !!!
The essense of freedom is the proper limitation of government !!!

Offline Woodchuck

• YAR Commodore
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 12:08:41 PM »
wow Robodad, that is way cool to offer that up
BMM, elk blood in, elk blood out

Inuendo, wasn't he an Italian proctoligist?

Offline wastickslinger

• Off-Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 12:17:20 PM »
I hate theives!!!!

Make sure he files a police report and makes a call to his insurance agent. Should be covered.

Offline yelp

• Frontiersman
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 12:17:40 PM »
I have a 14' northwood with 3 pedistal seats, 25hp motor, electric trolling motor battery fuel livewell  etc...on a nice trailer all set up if you want to borrow it for the weekend, only thing is I want a couple walleye fillets when you bring it back !!!  :hello:

Class act right there..nice to know there are people like you Robodad.  
TEAM SQUEAL

Short Hike Guide Service Pro Staff
Camp Bitch Calls Pro Staff
Imposter Calls Pro Staff
Team Mossberg

Born to Yelp!
Short Hike Guide Service - Owner

Offline bigcountry

• Hunter
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 12:34:15 PM »
WOW!!  I am always so impressed with the people on this site.  Makes ya feel a bit better in a situation like this to know there are so many good people out there!  What an offer robodad...I sincerely appreciate it!  :tup: My dads not generally one to accept favors and things of that nature....but I will definately run it by him.  Walleye fillets would not be a problem  (hopefully) 

Gilmore - you found my ad! guess we were on the same track!  i think I will take others advice and post some other random ads about gear and stuff.  So yeah...if anyone thinks they have a buyer for their motor based on that ad........sorry   ;)

Thanks again for all the help and replies

Offline robodad

• Frontiersman
    • frog4life !!
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 12:50:27 PM »
robodad...I sincerely appreciate it!   My dads not generally one to accept favors and things of that nature....but I will definately run it by him.  Walleye fillets would not be a problem  (hopefully)

My father gave me the boat and he is the most generous sincere giving caring person alive and I know for a fact he would approve you taking it out with your dad for the weekend, I can't do much with my dad as he lives in Wisconsin and I'm here but a couple times a year when I travel there but I cherish every second I do get to spend with him, his health is failing so believe me you really need to get out there with your dad and as often as you can, don't let some stupid crack ass screw it up for you, you can look for your boat after the weekend of fishin is over !!!

The essense of freedom is the proper limitation of government !!!

Offline NWWABOWHNTR

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2010, 12:52:28 PM »

Robodad,
Awesome stuff right there.  
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 01:19:38 PM by NWWABOWHNTR »
"Don't argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Offline JackOfAllTrades

• Rasbo said I Ain't Right.
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Salt
  • Μολὼν λαβέ
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2010, 12:58:57 PM »
Was it locked up at all?  -Just askin.  I hate thieves too, but just a few preventive measures will keep things in your own driveway.

This is not the first boat I've heard of stolen this year.

For the rest of you that have things like this that can grow legs...

Every one I heard about was easy pickins. No car parked in front of the boat? Boat not parked in the back yard under a tarp? No lock in the tongue. No chain/lock to a fence. Left out in plain sight for drivers by to see and case as they drive by. I realize that not everyone has a shop/garage to park thier lake boat in. But by comparison, chain and a good lock for not much money secured to something sturdy will thwart off most meth heads looking for an easy score. Is your boats engine even locked to the boat, let alone the trailer chained to a post of the carport?

-Steve
The NRA says I'm a Master!
Colt's, Ruger's, Dan Wesson, & Kimber are my friends!
Proud to be a U.S. Navy Veteran.

If you never follow your dreams, you'll never go anywhere.

Critical thinking keeps people from freaking the hell out every time some half baked blogger forgets his meds. Unlike some of you, I do not have TawkethOutOfAnus© syndrome.

Offline bigcountry

• Hunter
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 12:59:56 PM »
So true!!  My dad actually had a heart attack 2 years ago and so I really do cherish every moment we spend in the outdoors!  Luckily I live close enough to see him on a regular basis.  1 week prior to his heart attack we had been elk hunting early archery and were miles from nowhere in some god forsaken canyons....it still scares me to this day about what could have happened  

Well I just left him a message about the boat and your tremendous offer......we'll see what happens.  Thanks again

Offline bigcountry

• Hunter
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 01:06:20 PM »
Carport is off to the side of the house, not real visible to anybody driving by.  not only that there was a car parked directly in front of it.  And there are 2 6x6 posts along the side of the carport.  Dad is still scratching his head as to how they were even able to get it out of there with the car in front   :dunno:   Unfortunately it was not locked up.  Parents live in a nice neighborhood....been there for 30 years and never had trouble.  Guess you kinda take things like this for granted thinking it could never happen here.  he also always left his shop unlocked  :bdid:...........not anymore!

Offline washingtonmuley

• Sourdough
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2010, 01:08:04 PM »

Robo,
I will second,third and so on about your offer being a class act. Take Robo up on his offer and enjoy your weekend with your dad.

Offline JackOfAllTrades

• Rasbo said I Ain't Right.
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Salt
  • Μολὼν λαβέ
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2010, 01:43:00 PM »
Man.. now'a days it doesn't matter how nice of neighborhood you live in. Friggin thieves. I live in an area where many still don't lock houses, shops, boats and such..  Only a matter of time before the methheads find us too.

Just like the others on this list have posted, keep an eye on CraigsList for the next several weeks. All of Washington and Oregon.  And no... The cops won't go lookin for the stuff much. You and your dad will be the best sluthes to 'go see' if that motor is yours and such.  There's a thread here somewhere of someone in Marysville I think, that found thier own motor. Didn't buy it, but then called the cops to go look a second time at a sellers stuff. Got his stolen motor back!

-Steve
The NRA says I'm a Master!
Colt's, Ruger's, Dan Wesson, & Kimber are my friends!
Proud to be a U.S. Navy Veteran.

If you never follow your dreams, you'll never go anywhere.

Critical thinking keeps people from freaking the hell out every time some half baked blogger forgets his meds. Unlike some of you, I do not have TawkethOutOfAnus© syndrome.

Offline Michelle_Nelson

• Old Salt
  • Bring on the Bears!
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2010, 03:05:37 PM »
 >:( I hate thieves!  I 'm down in Rochester to so I will keep an eye out for you as well.

Offline buckhorn2

• Off-Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2010, 03:24:40 PM »
Theives just ruin everything when your things are stolen and pawned or sold for dope it just makes you sick. Good thing to hear some good things once in a while like Robodads offer makes you feel good to know there are good people out there just sad there are so many bad. We just had more things stolen from out boat and now have a trailcam put up on last night instead of in the woods. Hope the boat comes home for you.

Offline yelp

• Frontiersman
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2010, 08:43:59 PM »
Bigcountry..where were you planning on catching the walleyes?
TEAM SQUEAL

Short Hike Guide Service Pro Staff
Camp Bitch Calls Pro Staff
Imposter Calls Pro Staff
Team Mossberg

Born to Yelp!
Short Hike Guide Service - Owner

Offline bigcountry

• Hunter
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2010, 08:45:49 PM »

I really appreciate everyones help and thoughts.  Finally got ahold of my dad and told him about robodads offer.  When I told him I think he was about ready to shed some tears.....and in my 29 years I cant remember ever seeing him tear up.  Although it is only a small boatand trailer....it meant alot to him.  He wanted me to say thank you to robodad for that incredible offer.  I could tell it really lifted his spirits and he said he could hardly believe someone would make an offer like that.  As i suspected he said he just couldnt do that but said the offer alone means as much as a fishing trip.  (and trust me I tried to convince him to go!   :dunno:

And whadda ya know...I found a couple pictures that show the boat (not motor) from our walleye trip last June.  Figured Id throw em in.  Im trying the attachment option out...you would think Id be able to handle posting a couple pics but in past attempts no luck  here it goes

Offline bigcountry

• Hunter
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2010, 08:47:35 PM »
Yelp we were going to fish Roosevelt near the San Poil

Quick Links

* Random Photo New

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal