collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2007 Washington Archery Bull on Hunt Video  (Read 9474 times)

Offline nwhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • nwhunter
2007 Washington Archery Bull on Hunt Video
« on: March 01, 2008, 12:09:15 AM »
Thought that my fellow Washington hunters would like to know that my bowhunt that I had this fall which I was lucky enough to score on a great bull and get it all on video is on Steve Chappell's new Extreme Bulls 5 video that just came out. He did an awesome job once again and this is a great video to have in your collection. 16 hunts and about two hours of big bulls and great footage. Its rare that a Washington bull is big enough to make these big bull videos but this one does and there are a couple of other nice bulls we called in on the video, both 7X7's that are good ones also. I am not tooting my horn just figured that there are a few of you that like to watch hunt videos like myself and would enjoy seeing a hunt from our state. He sells the videos at Cabelas and Sportsmen W.  or Kings online. nwhunter

Offline M_ray

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
Re: 2007 Washington Archery Bull on Hunt Video
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 01:58:55 AM »
You should toot your horn! it's great that a bull from our state is on one of these video's ... I frankly get tired of watching the Utards video's every year! good job!
DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed here are not those of HW Management, Admins, Mods or Myself... But they are the opinions of Elvis who has revealed them to me through the medium of my pet hamster, Lee Harvey Oswald...

MB

Growing old is mandatory ... Growing up is optional!

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 07:11:27 AM »
Always good to hear about NW animals on video.

Offline DeKuma

• Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 07:28:33 AM »
I totally agree.  You should be proud and let us know.  Nothing to be ashamed of.  I will go get the video just to see a big WA bull in it.

Congratulations!
- Scott

Offline huntingnut

• Longhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 07:34:20 AM »
I agree you should toot away. I would love to get that video and see a good Washington hunt. :tup:

Offline archery288

• Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 07:43:27 AM »
you can also see his hunt on Rockie Jacobsen's Full of Bull 4 video! We put up a special for february on the website for 3 of the full of bull videos (including number 4 with Scott's hunt.)  Take a look - www.buglingbull.com

Offline nwhunter

• Sourdough
  • nwhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 09:47:42 AM »
Sorry I should have also mentioned Rockie's video also. He did a great job with the footage also and his videos are a little more on the informational side and educating guys on calling and setups also not just footage of big bulls. Full of Bull 3 has another good Washington bull on it and hunt also that actually made me get in contact with Rockie and it went from there, he is a great guy with excellent calls. We were using Steve's (Extreme Bulls) camera on the hunt so he was who we were filming the hunt for it just worked out that they know each other so we were able to share the footage and it worked out for everyone. THanks for the replies and glad to share. Scott

Offline Bearhunter

• Go in Lite come out Heavy!
  • Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 10:13:54 AM »
Scott, congrats again.  Ever since I watched full of bull 3 with Doug killing that nice bull and then the hog showing up shortly after, I have been deterimened to get that tag.  How many points did you have to draw out on.  Ive got 6 hoping to pull one of the good eastside tags soon.  Also went fishing with Carl Windle last weekend, we were talking about your elk hunt, it sure is a small world I guess he is a buddy of yours.  I was telling him about this site well see if he shows up.  I posted some steelhead pics from the trip on the fishing section.  congrats again.  James
Go in Lite come out Heavy!

Offline Muleyslyr

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 10:41:30 AM »
Nice....I'll get it...if for no other reason but to see your hunt.  Thanks for the heads-up.

Offline nwhunter

• Sourdough
  • nwhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 05:02:56 PM »
James, Yes that video is what got me interested in that unit also and I just got lucky and drew. I had nine points but still when there  are  only four tags it takes a lot of luck to go with the points. As far as Carl, ya we go way back to high school days. He knows his fishing I guess as he has been doing it for a long time. Small world! Scott

Offline archery288

• Sourdough
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 07:37:10 PM »
Yeah I have to admit dougs bull is a monster as well! After talking in depth with rockie he thinks that one at the end would go close to if not over 400! Either way its a monster and yours and dougs are both hogs!  congrats!

Offline rosscrazyelk

• BMM
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 09:28:34 AM »
I have been waiting for that ever since you told me about it. Gonna go get it today.
If its brown knock it down

Offline nwhunter

• Sourdough
  • nwhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2008, 10:28:26 PM »
Thought I would let you guys know that you can check out Steve Chappell's website to watch a trailer of the video that my hunt is on now. It has a couple of the bulls we call in and the one I shoot. So you can peek at it for free but then you are going to want to buy it so don't even look if you can't resist an awesome elk video.   Go to thsi site and click on video and then click on ExtremeBulls 5 and you can see the trailer  www.chappellandscotthunts.com. Check it out. Scott
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 07:54:55 AM by nwhunter »

Offline bowhuntin

• Sourdough
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2008, 10:31:29 PM »
NWHunter, where can you get this video locally, I have tried looking at sportsman's warehouse in Federal Way and they don't have any. Can you only buy it online right now?

Offline nwhunter

• Sourdough
  • nwhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2008, 07:57:38 AM »
Sportsmans and Cablelas are supposed to have it they just sell out a lot when it first comes out or maybe it is so new they don't have it yet. You can buy it on his site though which I like to suggest because then Steve makes a little bit more on his video instead of the big box stores. Yes you have to pay shipping but no tax. nwhunter

Offline Bearhunter

• Sourdough
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2008, 08:19:39 AM »
You can get it off of Monster muleys right now, I was just at bass pro in LA 2 days ago they didnt have it and neither did Sportsmans in Burlington WA.  So your fastest option would be MM

Offline Timber

• Scout
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2008, 02:53:12 PM »
Scott, I watched your hunt on "Full of Bull IV". Man that was awesome, what a bull!
I can't wait for the day I draw a big bull tag.

Offline bowhuntin

• Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2008, 04:14:52 PM »
Sportsmans and Cablelas are supposed to have it they just sell out a lot when it first comes out or maybe it is so new they don't have it yet. You can buy it on his site though which I like to suggest because then Steve makes a little bit more on his video instead of the big box stores. Yes you have to pay shipping but no tax. nwhunter

Okay cool, I was unable to find it at the sportmans warehouse and Cabelas is to far of a drive for me. I ended up just buying it from Steve's website. I am looking forward to seeing a Washington Bull on there for once. Congrats on harvesting such a nice bull.

Offline Bearhunter

• Sourdough
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2008, 09:17:09 AM »
Went to bass pro shop the other night and they didnt have the video.  Fiqured they would.

Offline CJ-5

• Hunter
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2008, 05:01:42 PM »
I just bought the video this morning at the Lacey Sportsmans.  They had a few more too.  Awesome bull and awesome hunt NWHunter! That is really neat to see it on a big time video like that.

Offline nwhunter

• Sourdough
  • nwhunter
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2008, 08:15:29 PM »
Thanks guys glad to be able to share it with those who appreciate hunting. It makes the effort of videoing a hunt worth it when it all works out  like it did and you have memories on tape to watch for a lifetime. I wish I could show you the original footage to see how good of a job Steve and Rockie do to make it video quality and you could see the funny stuff they don't have time for on their videos like climbing trees to recover grouse arrows and getting stung by bees and all the normal everyday stuff that happens on a hunt. Glad you like it. nwhunter

Offline delkhunter

• Pilgrim
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2008, 08:29:14 AM »
YOU GUYS ARE MISSING THE PICTURE  (  SUPPORT YOUR PRO SHOPS  )   GREAT NW FISHING & ARCHERY  HAS THEM IN STOCK  ,

Offline archery288

• Sourdough
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2008, 08:56:50 AM »
Missing what picture???  :dunno:

YOU GUYS ARE MISSING THE PICTURE  (  SUPPORT YOUR PRO SHOPS  )   GREAT NW FISHING & ARCHERY  HAS THEM IN STOCK  ,

There isn't anything on here about pro-shops or anything as a place they must buy the video?? Everyone is just trying to get a copy of the WA hunt on it! Quite a few places carry these videos and are available on many online sources!!  Unless your pushing "Great NW Fishing and Archery???" In which case I should push Rockies website huh??   :dunno:  :chuckle:

GREAT NW THURSDAY 3D STARTS  THURSDAY APRIL 17TH   AT SKOOKUM RANGE  ALL DAY EVERY THURSDAY  28 3D TARGETS  10 AM  ,   ( SUPPORT YOUR PRO SHOPS )

I see you must be affiliated with them which explains it!!?? Maybe I should start a thread about Rockies company or Lucky Shot Archery (which carries the video) and/or Cabelas??  :chuckle:
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 09:43:35 AM by archery288 »

Offline delkhunter

• Pilgrim
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2008, 09:29:29 AM »
SUPPORT ROCKIE HES MY HUNTING PARTNER  ( JUST SAYING )  SUPPORT YOUR PRO SHOPS  IVE HUNTED WITH HIM FOR YEARS  .

Offline archery288

• Sourdough
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2008, 09:41:24 AM »
I was just saying maybe I should support him because there have been people on here before getting all pissed off when people push certain places because they may be more apt to other shops or stores.. my apologies I wasn't trying to start anything just trying to see what was being said by that! 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 10:13:10 AM by archery288 »

Offline Ray

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1475043431
    • Hunting-Washington
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2008, 09:49:50 AM »
All right enough pseudo advertising for Great NW Archery. We have rules here and if people are going to be pushing products or their shop they should follow the advertising rule. I am not against archery shops but rules are rules. I am headed out to shoot some arrows right now.

I wouldn't peddle products outside your door without your consent. We have a bill for web hosting and people contributing already who are not advertising anything. They just wanted to have a nice forum. The least a business could do is pony up.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 09:59:00 AM by Ray(huntwa) »

Offline Coasthunterjay

• Sourdough
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2008, 10:00:51 AM »
drama...................... :bash:

Offline archery288

• Sourdough
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2008, 10:11:19 AM »
drama...................... :bash:

haha no kidding... one of my least favorite things - I was just curious of what was being said because the pro shop thing came out of no where!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 10:22:54 AM by archery288 »

Offline M_ray

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2008, 01:21:52 PM »
If delkhunter is who I think he is he ought to become a site sponsor!  :lol4: just my  :twocents:
DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed here are not those of HW Management, Admins, Mods or Myself... But they are the opinions of Elvis who has revealed them to me through the medium of my pet hamster, Lee Harvey Oswald...

MB

Growing old is mandatory ... Growing up is optional!

Offline delkhunter

• Pilgrim
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2008, 03:52:36 PM »
ALL YOU GUYS WERE TALKING ABOUT WHERE TO GET THE VIDEOS , AND HOW YOUR BOX STORES DIDNT HAVE THEM ,  SO CHECK YOUR LOCAL PRO SHOP ,

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Reidus
[Today at 02:20:11 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]