collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Who can't take it?  (Read 7692 times)

Offline denali

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
    • https://www.facebook.com/bret.greene
Re: Who can't take it?
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2010, 01:52:59 PM »
Hope all is well doublung   our prayers are for a speedy recovery !
Honesty is the best policy,  but insanity is a better defense.

Offline Deer slayer

• Longhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2010, 02:03:13 PM »
Doublelung I have to ask what your picture is.

Offline BLKBEARKLR

• Frontiersman
  • Taxidermist
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2010, 02:12:56 PM »
Doublelung,

Wish you a speedy recovery don't know where you are,  but if you need some helping packing let me know.

Joe
22 years 3 months and 4 days, happily retired from the U.S Army.

Offline DOUBLELUNG

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2010, 04:33:20 PM »
Slayer, that is the cut marks of a Thunderhead broadhead through the lungs of a mule deer.
As long as we have the habitat, we can argue forever about who gets to kill what and when.  No habitat = no game.

Offline DOUBLELUNG

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2010, 04:34:23 PM »
Doublelung,

Wish you a speedy recovery don't know where you are,  but if you need some helping packing let me know.

Joe
Thanks Joe - Wenatchee is home.  I'm blessed to have several good friends willing to play pack mule, if i can get to where i can kill a bear and get it ready to be packed.
As long as we have the habitat, we can argue forever about who gets to kill what and when.  No habitat = no game.

Offline Deer slayer

• Longhunter
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2010, 05:08:47 PM »
Slayer, that is the cut marks of a Thunderhead broadhead through the lungs of a mule deer.

I see it now.

Offline MichaelD

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Scout
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2010, 05:59:36 PM »
I hear ya 400out!  Was just up there today looking around and talking to as many people as I can.  Pretty much updated all of my gear I thought.  I pulled out my little "bowhunting" range finder last night and the dang thing won't range past 40 yards. :bash: :bash:.
I have a huge Bushnell that are as big as a pair of huge binoculars that works well, but to lift them up I will likely have to use 2 hands which may not work for staying stealth.  Working on the boss to see if we can find a way for a new finder in the next couple of weeks!

Other than that......just thinking, dreaming, watching, reading, listening, and hoping elk!!!   I know it will be the experience of a lifetime.....just seems like a lifetime till it gets here!

Michael

Offline Hunter Dug

• Longhunter
  • Owner: S&D Skull Works
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2010, 09:27:13 PM »
Well thanks Joe top pin would be nice.  Ive been known to call em in pretty close myself so we may be flipping a coin. Sounds to me like we got it covered I'll get the video camera ready maybe we can get it on film.  Going to be fun. :whoo:

Offline coachcw

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: Team getsum !
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2010, 10:04:37 PM »
I'm so excited for my son this year. It;s his second year of archery hunting. been putting him in for bull permits since he was ten .six points and a bull permit is his . last year I killed a good 340 bull in the same unit . i really hope I can call a good bull into his lap for a memerable hunt . I'm confindent he'll make the shot . in the past he's only hunted the weekends except for a three generation idaho hunt . this year we are taking the first week atleast , the teachers are gonna just have to deal with it. good luck to the rest of you and thank god for our health and the abillity to get out and hunt.
My wife told me that I hunt way more than I did when we first got married. I said yeah I know isn't it great !

Offline 400out

• Radio Active YAR
  • Old Salt
  • HA HA! VERY FUNNY!
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2010, 01:15:59 AM »
I'm so excited for my son this year. It;s his second year of archery hunting. been putting him in for bull permits since he was ten .six points and a bull permit is his . last year I killed a good 340 bull in the same unit . i really hope I can call a good bull into his lap for a memerable hunt . I'm confindent he'll make the shot . in the past he's only hunted the weekends except for a three generation idaho hunt . this year we are taking the first week atleast , the teachers are gonna just have to deal with it. good luck to the rest of you and thank god for our health and the abillity to get out and hunt.
OH MAN I wish your son the best!  :) The only thing better then doing it yourself is doing it for a loved one!
Granted the ability to cause a A nuclear explosion that produces a rapid release of energy from a higher power resulting in the sudden and catastrophic demise of a thread.

Confucius say:
A crowded elevator smells different to a midget!
Man that go to bed with itchy butt wake up with stinky fingers!
Man who fight with wife all day get no piece at night.

Offline PA BEN

• LINEMAN
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2010, 07:13:32 AM »
I drew GMUs 602, 607, 612, rifle tag, only one tag, Sept.20th to 24th. I haven't gotten to excited so far. I spent some money on new calls and sent. I've bow hunted for many years and have call in some big bulls but couldn't draw a tag. I lost all my points 6 years ago on a muzzle loader cow tag. I've moved to the wet side 5 yrs ago and have hunted a little with rifle for elk. (no time to bow hunt). There's lots of elk out here and w/my scouting it should pay off. Now when I drew my moose tag in '08 it was no sleep for 3 months. I'm trying not to get to worked up about this tag like I did w/my moose tag. 

Offline MIKEXRAY

• Sourdough
  • Bowhunter east side. Kayak Fishing cascade lakes.
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2010, 08:13:57 AM »
I had the " FEVER " in 08 when I had my bull tag, it is agonizing !   No tag this year, just now getting excited. Marriage is doing better this year with no tag. Good luck to all this season and good luck with those tags. I'll post pictures of my spike. Mike

Offline bowhuntersd

• Scout
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2010, 09:26:10 AM »
I drew an Eastside tag this year and feel the same as the rest of you...... Completely Obsessed. Tuning my bow, going through and laying out all of my gear, looking at maps, making scouting trips, and spending alot of $$$$. All-in-All , my wife completely HATES and wants to KILL me to say the least.
A bad day in the woods is better than a good day at work.

Offline PA BEN

• LINEMAN
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2010, 10:54:11 AM »
I've been married for 24 years now. My wife knows how important hunting is to me. It hasn't been EZ over the years. I have 5 daughters and all have killed deer and my wife too. That's all we ate for meat. She knows how important this tag is. She rides bikes and I'm getting her involved in my scouting. Bike riding behind gates. Honey does are real important right now. Do your thing around the house and include her in your scouting. BTW, sex in the woods is great. ;)   

Offline GoPlayOutside

• Longhunter
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2010, 11:07:24 AM »
I've had "true spike only" fever for months now :drool:
"Aim small, miss small."
Genesis 27:3, "Now then, get your weapons, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me."

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal