collapse
Advertise on Hunting-Washington See our Super Grade Outdoor Equipment!

Author Topic: JOBS: Looking for work/Looking to hire  (Read 195236 times)

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
JOBS: Looking for work/Looking to hire
« on: August 16, 2010, 08:09:22 AM »
THIS THREAD IS FOR FOLKS LOOKING FOR WORK AND/OR FOLKS LOOKING TO HIRE OR THAT KNOW OF JOB OPENINGS. NOT A THREAD FOR POSTING HOW THE JOB MARKET STINKS OR THE STATE OF THE ECONOMY.
If you are looking for work, post a brief description of what you do and your location.

If you know of a job opening or are looking to hire someone, post a brief description of what you have to offer.

All other info sharing should be taken off the boards into private phone calls or private messages.

If it is a popular idea, maybe we'll make it a sticky.
This was a great thread by Jackelope.  Just trying to clean up disk space or make it easier for members to find fresh posts.  Thankyou for all of your participation!
All topics that were over a month old have been removed.  Please refresh anything current.  Again, thanks for making this successful!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 01:55:38 PM by bearpaw »
My website.....DDK Photography
http://ddkphotography.pixels.com

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
Re: Looking for work/Looking to hire
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 08:11:22 AM »
By Happy Gilmore

Anyone know how to weld plastic? HDPE, RPP, PVC Liners? PM me. Need multiple geomembrane technicians.

Also general warehouse labor. Must at least have a resume. Don't call without one, I can't pass it on without.

PG 

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 08:14:07 AM »
by NW Bowhunter

Well back to looking for work. After 1yr and 2 months of employment I'm being laid off due to work force reduction. Second time since 2007. Known that I will be back on UI and looking for jobs again sucks, as anybody who has been unemployed or is currently it's a pain in the ASS! Oh well time to move forward...

My background: Customer Services, Telecommunication, Logistic/Dispatch, some Project Management.

Offline MikeWalking

• Virtual Campfire
  • Frontiersman
  • Patches Pal
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 10:22:13 AM »
Thinking my future with my company may be getting short. Too much to complain about to go into here, but I may criticize myself out the door, if we don't go under first.

No CDL but a perfect record for over 25 years. Have done QA/Planning in Aerospace Finishing, Familiar with Boeing Copies for Plating-Painting.  Not Certified but have driven Forklifts up to the size of 6-8cyl Diesels. Fairly competent with most tools.

Being a Mobile Night Watchman for a company going backwards can't last too much longer.

Really want to stay in the Everett, SnoCo area.

Offline woodswalker

• Curmudgeon in training
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
    • https://www.facebook.com/Grumpys-Gun-Repair-153675238330367/?ref=br_rs&pnref=lhc
    • Grumpys Gun Repair
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 04:31:54 PM »
Posting this for folks to see...for a friend who does staffing.

This company is looking for an inside sales coming from an automotive or aerospace background. It’s in renton, 50-60,000/yr. Direct hire (not contract)

PM me with info if you think you want to look at this.  I'll pass the info back along.

JOB DESCRIPTION:

JOB TITLE:   Inside Sales Representative      

REPORTS TO:    Operations  Manager   

FLSA:    Non-exempt: paid for over-time for hours worked over 40 per week.

JOB SUMMARY – 3 primary roles:

Provide excellent customer service - Develops and maintains excellent customer relations and loyalty with assigned customers, for consistently handling various forms of customer contact professionally and effectively, and for accurately and swiftly processing customer orders for products and literature.

Support designated Territory Managers – Reliably communicate all pertinent information regarding each key account to the T.M., respond quickly to all requests, and help execute account strategy.

Develop new sales and improve margin – Act in the best interests of the company to maximize all sales opportunities and total margin dollars, and minimize work that does not contribute a financial benefit.

JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:

Receives incoming customer purchase orders, providing product information and entering sales orders completely and accurately into computer as specified by procedures.
Processes Requests for Quote from customers as assigned.
Resolving any customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions and coordinating with Quality Manager, Territory Managers and Sr Mngt to provide total customer satisfaction.
Proactively work to improve on-time delivery for your assigned customers.
Answering all phone calls as quickly and efficiently as possible to minimize any voicemail callbacks; returning all phone calls daily and responding to all e-mails daily.
Filing completed paperwork as necessary.
May place purchase orders for non-standard product.
Accesses vendor web-sites and EW intranet to determine stock characteristics and availability. 
Effectively screen and qualify new customers.
Meet frequently with Supervisor or other managers as required discussing progress and strategy of new business.
Manage inventory discrepancies and customer complaints timely and in accordance with established policies.
Support Inside Sales team members in managing daily business. 
Contribute positively to customer account teams.
Adhere to company policies and quality management system.
Consistently strive for growing competence with company products and required skills sets.
Other duties as assigned.

QUALIFICATIONS:

Requires excellent verbal and written communications skills, professional telephone etiquette, and the ability to handle stressful situations in an efficient, professional and courteous manner. 

Must have a sense of “team” response to satisfy sales goals and assure 100% customer satisfaction., and the ability to interact effectively with all types of people. 

Requires computer proficiency, including Internet, e-mail, order-entry system, Word, Excel, and various other software as needed.

Must have mechanical aptitude and the ability to learn about how our products are produced and used by our customers. 

Must also have strong organization skills, be detailed oriented, possess problem-solving capabilities and have excellent customer service skills. 

Requires ability to organize and prioritize workload and be able to interact effectively with all types of people in a dynamic and past-paced environment.

EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:

College degree preferred; High-school diploma or its equivalent required; 3-5 years relevant experience. 

WORK ENVIRONMENT:

Climate controlled office .  Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.

BEHAVIOR STANDARD:

Employees must maintain a positive work atmosphere at all times by acting and communicating in a manner that ensures getting along with customers, vendors, colleagues and management.

Note:  ERIKS West retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of this position at any time.

A Smith & Wesson Beats Four Aces.

Whatta ya mean I can't have one of each?

what we have here is...Washington Department of NO Fish and WATCHABLE Wildlife.

WDFW is going farther and farther backwards....we need FISH AND GAME back!

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Legend
  • Groups: WSB RMGA NRA RMEF BHA
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 07:52:30 AM »
I need a couple people(2) to drive our parts delivery vans. They are Sprinter vans so they're kinda big. You must have a clean driver's license and must be able to handle lifting a little weight. It's an opportunity for a good break into the automotive business. The job is full time, about 7:30am-4:30pm monday through friday and pays around $12 an hour plus benefits. You're pretty much gonna be driving around the Seattle/Eastside/etc area bell to bell so if you don't like driving then this is probably not the role for you.
PM me for details.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 11:22:34 AM »
http://www.seattle.gov/personnel/employment/default_neogov.asp

if anybody wants to work for the city of seattle.

also i know seattle city light is going to be hiring Apprentice Lineman and groundman soon
Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

sisu

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 12:03:38 PM »
If there is ANY type of work in the Spokane area I need some employment. I can drive a fork lift, operate manual or electric fork lift, have done truck driving deliveries for United Pipe & Supply(16,000 lb.), have worked lots of construction, done retail, wholesale, etc. If given the chance I can do just about anything. I don't care if the work is temp, part time, cash only I just need work.
Thanks,
Scott

Offline THE DUDE

• Tracker
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 03:02:31 PM »
I'm starting to wonder why I made the move from the land of giant whitetail in Illinois to Tacoma. I am a heavy equipment operator looking for work.  I haven't had too much success finding a company that is bringing in new people.  Dirt work,Utility work, Asphalt, Demolition,Drainage. Willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done. Getting to the point where I can't afford to pay rent and my passions of stalking critters w/a stick and sting and TRY to training my retriever.  If there is anything out there let me know.
Thanks,
Eric

Offline Happy Gilmore

• Business Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 04:34:23 PM »
Anybody out there a owner/operator? Tractor/Trailer?

I have about 4-5 loads of materials which need to be moved around Eastern Wa.
Must have at minimum a 42' Flat bed- no step decks. Must have insurance and business license.
PM me with a bid. Include your business license number- I have to check status.

First 4 loads will be from Wilbur to Uniontown and need to get done by the end of the month.

Following 2(maybe 3) will be from Mesa, Wa. to Prosser. This one can be in early Oct.

If all goes well I can send you business on a regular basis. Some will be fast/immediate loads, others will have 4-5 day flexibility to meet your schedule.

Let me know!

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt 1899

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
    • facebook
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 05:18:26 PM »
Seattle city light is hiring people to become apprentice lineman. If interested go to Seattle.gov and look under employment opportunities. Or go to the Seattle city light home page. This closes September 28th
Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

Offline Austrian Hunter

• Frontiersman
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 05:25:08 PM »
Any of you interested in Guiding???  Sent me a PM, a friend of mine did some house cleaning and needs guides asap.  NE WA guiding for Elk, Bear and Deer.  All or the majority on private land, you won't get lost!

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
    • facebook
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 05:26:20 PM »
Oh ya I almost forgot. The starting wage is $26.08 per hour and you top out at $40/hour. It's a 3.5 year apprenticeship (7 steps) with a raise after each step.
Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

Offline poopooheaddad

• Scout
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2010, 08:40:15 AM »
Trying to help my son get a part time job around the Stanwood, Arlington area. My son is 16, has a drivers license and a reliable car,attends Lakewood high school, he just needs a few hrs a week to help pay for his gas, he has some mechanical ability, trustworthy and a decent kid (loves to fish and hunt)   Thanx in advance DAD
"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Offline chef bama

• Pilgrim
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2010, 06:22:25 PM »
Curious what it takes to hire off-duty LEOs.

I know that bars or clubs or events sometimes hire off-duty LEOs for security or traffic control, presumably in uniform and with a portable radio to call dispatch if needed.

We may have some land surveying to do in some semi-rough neighborhoods and I am just thinking outside the box about how to protect the equipment and the personnel while we work. Wondering what a reasonable hourly rate would be, and what other conditions apply. Half urban, half rural, mostly King county area.

I suppose I could just walk over to the precinct and ask, but thought I'd ask here first. PM if you can help.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 06:29:08 PM by chef bama »

Offline mossback91

• Off-Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2010, 06:26:36 PM »
Looking for apprentice lineman or groundman positions....

Id appreciate the headsup if you see an opening :)

Offline THE DUDE

• Tracker
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2010, 06:53:06 PM »
Hey Mossback, Grundy posted http://www.seattle.gov/personnel/employment/default_neogov.asp for apprentice lineman.

Offline mossback91

• Off-Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2010, 07:47:41 PM »
I applied there just looking for more! :)

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
    • facebook
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2010, 07:55:06 PM »
I applied there just looking for more! :)

Have you signed the books at the union hall? My cousin just got called out of there. So the books are moving. Also check the NW JATC
Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

Offline bighorns2bushytails

• Scout
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning....
    • seatonserver.com
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2010, 06:58:10 AM »
Looking to hire 1 residential journeyman electrician in the spokane area.  must have transportation to and from work.  rate of pay DOE.  send resume to sales@blackbearelectric.com  work will be approx 20-30 hours a week.  make sure you mention you saw the add here when you send the email.  thanks

--bh2bt

Ill take 'Buck Fever' over 'Swine flu'...

Online CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
  • Nice...............
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2010, 06:36:32 PM »
Want dump truck and pup driver job for 2011.  19 years exp. No hazmat. MSHA certified until 2/2011 then need to be recertified. TWIC card. O/O 10 years. Will work any place in E. Washington and have winters off w/unemployment, then will go back the next year after year till I retire.
$20 + to start minimum. Will work OT as needed.
I could care less about what anybody says..............

Offline jayrod9528

• Longhunter
  • Team Maybe Next Time
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2010, 06:33:38 AM »
My Dad is looking for work he lives in Bend but, is willing to relocate.
Steven R. Bailey                     
16108 Park Drive-------       
La Pine, Oregon 97739-------
Home Phone (541) 815-6768
E-Mail:  lindarbai@yahoo.com

OBJECTIVE   

Seeking position utilizing 40 years experience in the operation of heavy equipment.

QUALIFICATIONS

Strong work history in all areas of equipment operation and routine servicing and maintenance.
Extensive experience in operating dozers, front-end loaders and trucks, with Class A CDL/Oregon.
Strong background in pioneering: logging, gold mining, road building and subdivision construction.
Work with minimal supervision: experienced supervisor.

EQUIPMENT

Dozers                    D-10L, D-9L, D-9H, D-9G, D-8k, TD-25, JD-450
Loaders      992, 988F, 980, 966, 950, Volvo 330, 150
Motor Graders               16G, 14G, 12G
Trucks                    Class A CDL, Terex R30, R25, Cat wagon 777, 20-yard Belly dump, 20-yard End Dump   
Scrapers      631 paddle wheel, 641, 657 Cat, TS24 Terex
Excavators               EX700 Hitachi, EX550 Hitachi, Cat 225, Cat 245, Cat 330, JD –160, JD-120

EDUCATION   

Rainier High School, Ranier, Oregon Diploma 1970
   Successfully completed training in diesel mechanics and construction-related fields.

WORK HISTORY

2004-Present   Truck Driver/Equipment Operator  Latham Excavation, Bend OR.
      Operate dump truck and heavy equipment, delivery and spreading of construction aggregate,
      Operate cinder pit and deliver heavy equipment to job sites. 

2003-2004   Truck Driver/Equipment Operator  John Milton Excavation, Bend, OR.
      House dig-outs, utility line ditches, run heavy equipment, drive 20-yard dump truck.

2000-2003   Heavy Equipment Operator   Bob Fix Excavating, Bend, OR.
      Operated D8 and D-6 Cat, Excavator (Cat & John Deere), Backhoe, Hammer, Hoe pack.
      Performed push out for houses and subdivisions, dug ditches for utilities and helped lay pipe.

1999-2000       Heavy Equipment Operator   Jack Robinson & Sons, Inc., 4-R Equipment, Bend, OR.
                             Operated D8 Cat in pumice pit.     

1998-1999       Heavy Equipment Operator   Deschutes Ready Mix, Sand & Gravel Co., Bend, OR.
               Operate and maintain any and all equipment at the rock crushing plant.                                         
                  Perform any duties as needed, including welding and blasting.

Steven R. Bailey

1996-1998      Heavy Equipment Operator   Yellow Eagle Mine, Ester, Alaska
                        Operated EX700 Hitachi Backhoe, 550 Hitachi Backhoe, Cat 225 Backhoe, D-9N, 14G 
                             Motor Grader, 988F Front-end Loader, Volvo 330 Front end Loader, Supervised     
                             Screening plant.  Temporary night foreman.       

1993-1996      Heavy Equipment Operator   Citigold/Ryan Lode Mine, Fairbanks, Alaska
                        Operated D-9, Cat 225 Backhoe, Front-end Loaders, JD450.  Set up and monitored       
                             pumps, detoxified water.  Built drills pads and leach pads.

1992               Heavy Equipment Operator  Exclusive Landscaping, Fairbanks, Alaska
                       Seasonal Position; ran heavy equipment for landscaping.

1987-1992     Heavy Equipment/Truck Driver G Company, Fairbanks, Alaska
                       Operated D-9 Cat, front-end loader and rock crusher. Drove dump trucks.

1986-1987     Heavy Equipment Operator U.S. Air Force, Eielson AFB, Alaska
                       Civilian, Season Position removing snow from runway.  Operated equipment, trained
                            civilian and Air Force personnel.

1985-1986     Heavy Equipment Operator   Great Northwest landscaping, Fairbanks, Alaska 
                Operated D-8 and topsoil mixer.  Loaded and drove trucks for peat pit operation.

1984-1985     Heavy Equipment Operator   SUM Resources, Inc., Valdez Creek, Alaska
                 Push dirt with D-9L; loaded sluice box with wheeled loader loaded trucks with 977-tracked loader.

1983-1984     Heavy Equipment Operator   Wise Enterprises, Inc., Fairbanks, Alaska
                       Operated loaders and dump trucks.

1980-1983     Heavy Equipment Operator Livengood Joint Ventures, Fairbanks, Alaska
                       Operated various large dozers, scrapers, blades and loaders.

Prior to l980   Worked for various companies in the Pacific Northwest as a Concrete Foreman and Rock   
Crushing Plant Operator.  Served in the U.S. Army as a Tank Commander.  While                                                                 attending high school, worked in the timber industry as a logger and heavy equipment
                            operator.

Additional information and references available upon request.
"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted..If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it. What he is after is having to win it, to conquer the surly brute through his own effort and skill with all the extras that this carries with it: the immersion in the countryside, the healthfulness of the exercise, the distraction from his job." Jose Ortega y Gasset

Offline top pin1

• Callin them in to Top Pin Range
  • Hunter
  • Call them in to Top Pin Range
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2010, 07:23:31 AM »
The company I work for is looking for a level 3 or higher CAT truck engine technician. Applicants will need to have previous cat engine experience and be willing to be trained on future upcoming tier 4 level requirements. Be a very positive person and willing to learn and work hard. The previous experience on a cat engines is a requirement so please be sure your qualified.

Located in Lewiston/Clarkston valley sw corner of Washington/Idaho. Awesome place for the outdoors.

PM me for details. Serious valid inquiries please.

I'd rather have a bow in my hand then this keyboard!

Offline logger

• Off-Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2010, 08:15:09 AM »
Looking to hire a logtruck driver. over 25. good driving record, and must not be afraid of snow, we work all over wa. mostly between kickitat and pierce county.
go ahead on er.

Online STIKNSTRINGBOW

• Frontiersman
    • https://www.facebook.com/stiknstring.bow
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2010, 09:40:19 AM »
I would like to drive log truck, but only have exp. LTL and OTR, mostly city.
Not afraid of snow.
The mountains are calling and I must go."
- John Muir
"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order."
- John Burroughs
NASP Certified Basic Archery Instructor
NASP Certified Basic Archery Instructor Trainer

* Recent Topics