collapse
Wind Mountain Ranch - Gorge Event Venue and Lodging Advertise on Hunting-Washington

Author Topic: JOBS: Looking for work/Looking to hire  (Read 212386 times)

Offline gasman

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
Re: JOBS: Looking for work/Looking to hire
« Reply #750 on: May 19, 2017, 04:23:43 PM »
I had a guy after two weeks of work just up and quit. When I got a hold of him and ask him why he quit he told me that he couldn't stand working at a place where the people stand outside and smoke cigarettes or read books for most the day.

I asked him what's that got to do with this job, they don't work for our company, they are another business in the business park?
HE HUNG UP THE PHONE ON ME......  :yike:
Gasman

It's 5 O'clock somewhere.......

Offline NW SURVEYOR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
  • Groups: RMEF NRA
« Reply #751 on: May 19, 2017, 04:34:33 PM »
The Scary part of this whole fiasco is that these clowns are supposed to pay our SS.
I'll need to work till I'm 70 just to make sure I'm not overly dependent on them.
God forbid we would ever have to have a real war.

Heck, I'd have to join the army cause the kids are candy asses.

I've seen kids who can't change a chain on a saw.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Legend
  • Groups: WSB RMGA NRA RMEF BHA
« Reply #752 on: May 19, 2017, 05:03:41 PM »
OK, back on topic.

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline kidkodger

• Virtual Campfire
  • Pilgrim
  • Groups: psa, cca
« Reply #753 on: May 19, 2017, 05:07:19 PM »
I have two top of the class multiple wabo certified(including pipe) welding students who are not getting interviews.....true they are green, but I don't understand why no calls.  Three instructors will recommend them, if you know of anything.

On the other hand the entry level wages I'm seeing are despicable!  $15-16 to start with a cert.  My first welding job 12 years ago was $18.  You can work at McDonald's near me for $12.

Offline Jpmiller

• Off-Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #754 on: May 19, 2017, 05:21:16 PM »
Some of these jobs are highly skilled which require years of training.
A lateral shift into Land Surveying is pretty tough without experience.
The liability of field staking a building in Seattle or Bellevue is tremendous.
There needs to be checks, verifications and cross checks so that the foundation is staked perfectly.
Having someone say it's right with out proof does not cut it.
There are no Mulligans on this stuff.

So, those young guys who switch jobs, you can have them.
We want guys who are willing to learn and dedicate to the team.
We as employers reciprocate by providing training, opportunity and steady, secure employment.
Are we demanding, hell yes.
There is a lot riding on our work, no room for mistakes.

Another thing is finding guys that are willing to work outdoors in the weather.
You have to find a very intelligent individual that understands advanced mathematics-geometry that is willing to get rained on for 32 weeks a year.  He must be fit, able to work with clients and self disciplined to get the job done with little or no direct field supervision.

I am sure that this stuff applies to many vocations that you others work in.
It is scary to think where this is all going given the pool of labor we have available.

Still Looking.

This is exactly what I'm looking for minus the education. Someone willing to show up and pay attention and learn. We have plenty of room for advancement but you have to worth us advancing. I am literally down to two employees right now. Great job for a kid out of high school who doesn't want to go to college but wants something he won't top out in.

Too bad these kids apparently don't exist.

Offline NW SURVEYOR

• Scout
« Reply #755 on: May 19, 2017, 05:51:25 PM »
JP,

Give ma a call sometime (425) 894-3330.
I live in Enumclaw and would love to meet you for a beer some evening.
We can cry in each others beer.

Maybe we can figure out a way to find good help.
If nothing else we can exchange Resumes.

Have a good weekend,
Rob.

Offline hogslayer

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: Bloody decks
« Reply #756 on: May 27, 2017, 01:56:08 PM »
I am still looking for an electrical apprentice.  Starting out at $15-18 depending on types of experience.  Most important aspects to me is willing to learn, ask questions, work hard, and show up every day.  I can make a pretty good electrician out of someone who has these wants it.  Mostly do Commerical lighting reto-fits high end homes and Commerical tenant improvements.

Offline cem3434

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, MDF, RMEF, DU, NWTF, PF, RGS, WSF
« Reply #757 on: May 27, 2017, 02:48:27 PM »
Northwest Cascade is looking for qualified people across the board for our Construction, HoneyBucket and Flohawks divisions.  We are 100% union in the field and an employee owned company. Here is a link to our website: https://nwcascade.applicantpro.com/jobs/ 

We have a lot of work on the books and we haven't slowed down in a couple of years with our current growth cycle.  We are really looking for: Heavy/Civil PM/Estimator, Foremen, mainline diggers, finish blade operators, grade checkers and pipelayers. If you're not in the union, no worries as we have the ability to get you in. Most of our work is in Pierce County and prevailing wages. PM me if you have any questions.
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

Offline bigfish9684

• Off-Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #758 on: May 30, 2017, 03:02:22 PM »
Looking for work, willing to relocate for the right gig, currently in Bothell.

I currently run a help desk for our company's mobile apps.  I built my department from the ground up.  Now it's me and one other guy helping me out.  I'm sort of a jack of all trades, master of user support and aggregating feedback/data into reports so no one else has to interact with our users. I'm great at making and keeping people happy.  I am allowed to run my own show here because I keep our users happy and my boss doesn't need to mother me- he doesn't want to talk to any users and thinks of me as the shield. 

I'm willing to learn and do anything (change industries, get sent to school).  I'm 32 and have a B.A. and know what is expected in the workplace in order to succeed.  PM me to get in touch. 
IMPEACH TRUMP!!

Offline SGTDuffman

• Hunter
« Reply #759 on: May 30, 2017, 08:49:02 PM »
I have two top of the class multiple wabo certified(including pipe) welding students who are not getting interviews.....true they are green, but I don't understand why no calls.  Three instructors will recommend them, if you know of anything.

On the other hand the entry level wages I'm seeing are despicable!  $15-16 to start with a cert.  My first welding job 12 years ago was $18.  You can work at McDonald's near me for $12.

Point those guys towards some sort of union construction trade. Pipefitters or Iron workers would put their skills to use, and they should start a damn sight above $18. Plus healthcare, retirement, vacation, etc. Depending on the trade, paid parking or tools as well. I can't think of a single trade making less than $30/hr in wages, and most are between $40-50. Hell, the plumbers just got $20 over 6 yrs for the contract they signed last week.

Offline NW SURVEYOR

• Scout
« Reply #760 on: June 03, 2017, 06:56:21 AM »
We have an add on Craigslist for a Land Surveying Technician.
Ideally we would like to hire a LSIT or PLS who is proficient in Civil 3D.
Drug Free Company located in Issaquah since 1977.

We do a wide variety of work from land development to FS Cadastral Surveys.

Eastside Consultants, Inc.
Engineers/Surveyors
(425) 392-5351

My Cell (425) 894-3330.

Rob Bogdon, PLS, CFedS.

Offline Lucky Eric

• Virtual Campfire
  • Hunter
« Reply #761 on: June 03, 2017, 07:51:02 AM »
Northwest Cascade is looking for qualified people across the board for our Construction, HoneyBucket and Flohawks divisions.  We are 100% union in the field and an employee owned company. Here is a link to our website: https://nwcascade.applicantpro.com/jobs/ 

We have a lot of work on the books and we haven't slowed down in a couple of years with our current growth cycle.  We are really looking for: Heavy/Civil PM/Estimator, Foremen, mainline diggers, finish blade operators, grade checkers and pipelayers. If you're not in the union, no worries as we have the ability to get you in. Most of our work is in Pierce County and prevailing wages. PM me if you have any questions.
Hey cem, are you guys still looking for a grade checker, I might know someone? She's close to retiring and already a member of Local 440. I could ask if she's still looking.

Offline CarbonHunter

• Hunter
« Reply #762 on: June 03, 2017, 07:59:13 AM »
There needs to be checks, verifications and cross checks so that the foundation is staked perfectly.

We as employers reciprocate by providing training, opportunity and steady, secure employment.

You have to find a very intelligent individual that understands advanced mathematics-geometry that is willing to get rained on for 32 weeks a year.  He must be fit, able to work with clients and self disciplined to get the job done with little or no direct field supervision.

It is scary to think where this is all going given the pool of labor we have available.

Still Looking.

This is exactly what I'm looking for minus the education. Someone willing to show up and pay attention and learn. We have plenty of room for advancement but you have to worth us advancing. I am literally down to two employees right now. Great job for a kid out of high school who doesn't want to go to college but wants something he won't top out in.

JP,  what kind of construction does your company do and what's your territory?

Offline cem3434

• Sourdough
« Reply #763 on: June 03, 2017, 08:20:01 AM »

Hey cem, are you guys still looking for a grade checker, I might know someone? She's close to retiring and already a member of Local 440. I could ask if she's still looking.

Yes, we are still looking.. We are signatory with Laborers 252 and 440 as well as with the Operators 302 and 612.
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

Offline Lucky Eric

• Virtual Campfire
  • Hunter
« Reply #764 on: June 03, 2017, 08:28:18 AM »

Yes, we are still looking.. We are signatory with Laborers 252 and 440 as well as with the Operators 302 and 612.
Great, I'll send her a text or call her tomorrow, I know they are camping this weekend.

Offline Jpmiller

• Off-Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #765 on: June 03, 2017, 09:41:49 AM »

Still Looking.

JP,  what kind of construction does your company do and what's your territory?

Underground utilities in Seattle. Residential houses and apartments. I really need someone who can come learn, Im currently looking for labor or the right equipment operator. The right individual could be running jobs and driving a company truck in a few years. Shoot me a pm if you or someone you know is interested.

Offline Blacklab

• Site Sponsor
  • Virtual Campfire
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #766 on: June 16, 2017, 09:06:38 AM »
WaferTech Careers's event.

Tue 1 PM Towneplace Suites Portland Vancouver Vancouver, WA
Networking

For job descriptions and more information visit: https://wafertech-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobsearch
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 09:16:10 AM by Blacklab »
MY AMERICAN PATRIOTISM! is far greater than any nfl  millionaire crybabies.

Hey! I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though sometimes I wonder.

Every day above ground is a good day.

Offline Emptyhanded

• Longhunter
« Reply #767 on: June 17, 2017, 10:05:25 PM »
Still looking for a full time assistant property manager.
https://spokane.craigslist.org/lab/6181716953.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hunting... It's a spiritual erection every time. - Ted Nugent

Offline Snakeriver10

• Virtual Campfire
  • Hunter
« Reply #768 on: June 26, 2017, 06:16:14 PM »
Anybody want to give a hard working 27 year old a chance in the Spokane area?  I just finished a 10.5 hour day at my current job which start at six AM!  I show up on time every single time!  I have my bachelor's degree in business administration and looking at furthering my education.  I'm interested in pretty much any apprenticeships and have applied for two including HVAC but no call backs.  I'm also interested in insurance (crop insurance would be my top choice) or real estate or even surveying.  I was  raised on a farm and my grandparents owned a large cattle ranch in Idaho both of which taught me a hard work ethic and to have pride in my work.  I can weld, do accounting and pass a drug test!  I'm wanting to earn a career, be around positive minded people and feel appreciated.  In return I can offer some pretty bomb hunting spots in Idaho and excellent fishing locations from Canada to Montana to remote high mountain lakes! I have tons to learn and allot of hard work to give!  If interested please send a personal message. 

Offline cem3434

• Sourdough
« Reply #769 on: June 26, 2017, 08:07:26 PM »
Anybody want to give a hard working 27 year old a chance in the Spokane area?  I just finished a 10.5 hour day at my current job which start at six AM!  I show up on time every single time!  I have my bachelor's degree in business administration and looking at furthering my education.  I'm interested in pretty much any apprenticeships and have applied for two including HVAC but no call backs.  I'm also interested in insurance (crop insurance would be my top choice) or real estate or even surveying.  I was  raised on a farm and my grandparents owned a large cattle ranch in Idaho both of which taught me a hard work ethic and to have pride in my work.  I can weld, do accounting and pass a drug test!  I'm wanting to earn a career, be around positive minded people and feel appreciated.  In return I can offer some pretty bomb hunting spots in Idaho and excellent fishing locations from Canada to Montana to remote high mountain lakes! I have tons to learn and allot of hard work to give!  If interested please send a personal message.

To bad you arent on the wetside. Finding someone your age that actually has work ethic is a feat all in itself.  You can be taught the rest, but the work ethic is something you either have or you dont.  :twocents: Best of luck to you.

Offline vandeman17

• Virtual Campfire
  • Old Salt
« Reply #770 on: June 27, 2017, 04:19:55 AM »

Pm sent  :tup:
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline Smossy

• Illiterate Woodsman
  • Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Slow down and enjoy the moment.
« Reply #771 on: July 06, 2017, 05:11:27 PM »
Looking for a delivery driver in seatac.
More than likely do deliveries to restaurants in the Seattle area and do air port drops at the end of day.
Roughly 11-7ish
Apply @ the link, any emails without resumes will be ignored.
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/lab/6205713326.html
Position subject to change.
One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.

Offline link

• Virtual Campfire
  • Longhunter
« Reply #772 on: July 06, 2017, 05:36:57 PM »
Any carpenters out there looking for work? :chuckle: Looking to put together another crew. Need a lead type guy and a helper or two. residential framing, siding, remodels, new const. Most of my work is in pierce county.
thanks!

Offline Russ McDonald

• Global Moderator
  • Old Salt
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
    • https://www.facebook.com/russell.mcdonald.90
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA
« Reply #773 on: July 07, 2017, 07:36:32 PM »
Anyone have a communications background.  The forest service is going to be hiring in North Bend, WA soon.  Veteran preference would be best.  VRA qualified would almost be a shoe in.  Veterans Recruitment Appoinntment https://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/shav/ PM me for me info.
Russell McDonald
President Lake Washington NWTF Chapter and vice president of the WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline Cab

• Virtual Campfire
  • Hunter
« Reply #774 on: July 27, 2017, 12:35:44 PM »
31 year old looking for a change in job or possible career change. Degree in Industrial design, 8 years of footwear design/development experience doing hiking, fishing, hunting and casual shoes, 1+ year of designing/development hunting/fishing clothing(sweaters, wool jackets, waders).Knowledgable about materials/manufacturing both domestic and overseas. Currently employed but company has decided to only do casual products and stay away from the outdoors. I would love to get back into the hunting/fishing world of products or explore a new career dealing with the outdoors. Looking to work with people that are passionate about their work as well as the great outdoors. Currently living in the Vancouver and have reliable transportations. PM me if interested and I would be more then happy to direct you to my online portfolio/resume. Thanks!

* Recent Topics