collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: wolf in the Teanaway sat night.  (Read 31924 times)

Offline bushmaster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
  • roger Roger, whats your vector Victor?
Re: wolf in the Teanaway sat night.
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2010, 11:08:34 AM »
That is wild!!! I have property there and I saw what I thought were huge coyote tracks up at the 4700 ft level last winter. The tracks were the size of a great dane or so. Never saw him, but got me thinking abit.
Hunting is tough, its even tougher when your stupid!!

Offline yakimarcher

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2010, 11:25:26 AM »
it was a coyote ;), just use the .300 mag instead of you're varmit rifle!

Offline seth30

• Old Salt
  • It's time to HUNT!
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2010, 11:28:05 AM »
it was a coyote ;), just use the .300 mag instead of you're varmit rifle!
:yike: 8)
Rather be dead than cool.
Kurt Cobain

Offline Tman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2010, 11:49:18 AM »
:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: Some of you folks just crack me up  :chuckle: :chuckle: You want to hang someone poaching a deer or elk, but advocate poaching a wolf  :chuckle: :chuckle:

Hunterman(Tony)

I was thinking the same thing when i got through the 1st page of this thread

Offline GrainfedMuley

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
  • That's my boy, Myles Montgomery
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2010, 05:25:39 AM »
:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: Some of you folks just crack me up  :chuckle: :chuckle: You want to hang someone poaching a deer or elk, but advocate poaching a wolf  :chuckle: :chuckle:

Hunterman(Tony)

Well think about it. Are deer carniverous? Do they hunt in packs and kill for the thrill and not eat the entire animal? Poaching a predator that kills way more animals than it needs, is far different then poaching a deer. The wolf threatens MY passtime in the woods.
A wise monkey never monkeys with another monkey's monkey!

Hunting and fishing is boring....Killing and catching is fun.  Quote: John Hubbard,  Master Sargent, Washington Army National Guard

Offline KopperBuck

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2010, 09:15:54 AM »

Hunterman(Tony)

Well think about it. Are deer carniverous? Do they hunt in packs and kill for the thrill and not eat the entire animal? Poaching a predator that kills way more animals than it needs, is far different then poaching a deer. The wolf threatens MY passtime in the woods.

I am sorry - I'm not a wolf advocate, far from it. My family runs a cow/calf operation in NE Oregon, it's a threat. But what you're saying is absolutely ridiculous... Because it affects YOUR hobby, it then make's it ok to break the law? Give me a break... I guess when something happens or occurs to my disliking than I have the right and ability to act without consequence? This is a dead horse I get it, but what bothers me the most are the attitudes of double standard. Right is right, wrong is wrong. Whether we like it or not, we have to follow these laws. What sort of example are we setting for the younger generations that may read this board - that it's ok to poach as long as you feel like it's the right thing?!

Offline GrainfedMuley

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
  • That's my boy, Myles Montgomery
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2010, 09:28:26 AM »

Hunterman(Tony)

I am sorry - I'm not a wolf advocate, far from it. My family runs a cow/calf operation in NE Oregon, it's a threat. But what you're saying is absolutely ridiculous... Because it affects YOUR hobby, it then make's it ok to break the law? Give me a break... I guess when something happens or occurs to my disliking than I have the right and ability to act without consequence? This is a dead horse I get it, but what bothers me the most are the attitudes of double standard. Right is right, wrong is wrong. Whether we like it or not, we have to follow these laws. What sort of example are we setting for the younger generations that may read this board - that it's ok to poach as long as you feel like it's the right thing?!

I never said it was right. AND...I never said I would do it. It is just my opinion. Wolves are a bad thing.
A wise monkey never monkeys with another monkey's monkey!

Hunting and fishing is boring....Killing and catching is fun.  Quote: John Hubbard,  Master Sargent, Washington Army National Guard

Offline dscubame

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • 2013 Idaho Elk Hunt
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2010, 09:31:04 AM »
Exactly.  Set a good example.
It's a TIKKA thing..., you may not understand.

Eyes in the Woods.   ' '

Offline canyonduck

• Tracker
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2010, 09:32:00 AM »
Is it poaching if our Native American brothers/sisters do the shooting?

Offline Elkaholic daWg

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2010, 09:34:27 AM »

Good Question. See  Elk Hunting ...."good day for the tribes" that should answer it and it might just be no.
Blue Ribbon Coalition
CCRKBA
SAF
NRA                        
Go DaWgs!!

Offline KopperBuck

• Sourdough
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2010, 11:55:43 AM »
Roger that Grainfed - and I didn't mean to accuse you as such. My rant was more along the lines that I don't feel there's a difference between poaching an unwanted predator vs a game animal. I hate wolves just as much as the next guy, but I'm looking at it from the action standpoint, not the content.  :brew:

Offline Ray

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1475043431
    • Hunting-Washington
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2010, 12:25:44 PM »
I guess some potential shooters feel that the wolf is:

1) Not an endangered species. Reasoning - There are what? 60-80,00 of them in Canada and Alaska?
2) Destructive to other species, public and private property to the point where the law is merely an obstruction. Note - The ESA was put in place with reasonable justification, but the time has come to pass for justification to continue to keep the Gray Wolf on the list is what potential shooters might think.
3) Invasive species which should be treated just like any other invasive animal in the state's ecosystems.

Offline seth30

• Old Salt
  • It's time to HUNT!
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2010, 03:27:08 PM »
  :chuckle: :chuckle: there probably in the grey area
Rather be dead than cool.
Kurt Cobain

Offline Mustangman

• Pilgrim
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2010, 04:32:44 PM »
I got back last week from my farmer friend in Colville. That's where I have been taking my daughter Deer hunting since she was four. So far, she's two for two the last two years at age nine and 10. Yes, I'm proud. I stopped in at the farm and noted a complete lack of deer in the fields where I usually see at least 100. The farmer told me there are wolves in the area now and they are decimating the deer. He won't let us hunt there anymore. We went there because it was safe for my daughter. They even had pictures for the Game Dept. The Game Dept refused to admit wolves were there and said the pics were of hybrids.
You can't fix stupid.

Offline wsucowboy

• Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2010, 04:37:10 PM »
Well seeing as there not wolves there good to shoot then. At least that the way it sounds?
"A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."
-Alan Ladd
"Courage is fear that has said its prayers."
-Karl Barth

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal