collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Tribal Regs????  (Read 35082 times)

Offline Wazukie

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA
Re: Tribal Regs????
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2010, 09:33:11 PM »
I think that before most rant and rave about what they THINK the Indians do wrong, they should learn the tribal laws when it comes to hunting.  I have a few friends that are from the Yakima Nation, one just shot a big 6x6.  Instead of bichin about it, why dont you ask them what their regulations are.  Just my  :twocents:  I've been hunting and fishing in this state for almost 40 years and I've seen white folk do some pretty bad things in the woods when it comes to hunting and fishing.
Matthew 6:33

Offline GEARHEAD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2010, 10:20:33 PM »
in the packwood area i saw some indians hunting out of a ford ranger pick up, marroon, and they had two ak47's that they were hunting elk with. you never see the media talk of this sh*t that they do, "mother earth", give me a friggin break!

Offline the1rod

• lets hunt
  • Longhunter
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2010, 11:08:02 PM »
  Instead of bichin about it, why dont you ask them what their regulations are. 

from what i read i think that was the original intent of this post... but with every post about natives it went into a debate about what they do and dont do.

Offline alanger

• Yar ankle biter
  • Sourdough
  • Team super bait
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2010, 07:09:17 AM »

from what i read i think that was the original intent of this post... but with every post about natives it went into a debate about what they do and dont do.

thanks for clearing that up rod. thats kinda my exact first post. Im not here to b**** about the indians, sometimes i do not like their concepts, But i was looking for some regulations on Big game hunting like the colockum. the main reason for asking is, and its a no brainer, that herd is hurting, we all know numbers are very low, and the hunter to elk ratio is ridiculous. If there isnt regulation the elk wont last long.... what elk are there anywhoos.
~Ankle biter out~

Team super bait!     Gamakatsu     ~Ugly Stick~
Abu Garcia  'Bone Collector'   -Bowtech-  <Berkley fishing>
Cannon~DigiTroll     FLW Outdoors     ~Cabela's~

Offline runamuk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2010, 07:16:42 AM »

if we are managing the wildlife for the benefit of the wildlife we cannot have separate regulations everyone must follow the same rules seeing as they dont then there is no management so why even bother with regulations  :dunno:  oh that is right its for profit to the state not benefit to the people of the land ;)

Offline Wazukie

• Business Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2010, 07:25:05 AM »
I know that the op wasnt bashing the Indians.  I only know about the Yakima Nation as these are the people I work with.  I think what most dont understand is that the State really has no say in what the Indians do or dont do.  The Indian hunting reg's, or lack there of, go's back to original treaties.  I know that just like the white folk, when it comes to hunting and fishing, not all Indians follow the rules that have been set forth.  Yes the Indian reg's are very liberal, and yes it is very hard for the WDFW to manage the herds. The members of the Yakima Nation that I know DO really care about the animals and sustaining the population of both dear and elk.  I just think that those member's here that continually bash the Indians, well maybe you should talk with some of said Indians and learn a little bit.  Just my rant!

Offline pods8

• Hunter
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2010, 07:33:34 AM »
They should be able to do whatever they want on tribal land but its completely BS (even though its legal) that they have separate rules on public land and animals.  No one is any more or less deserving that anyone else in that regard.  To grant special privileges based solely on your birth is racial discrimination.  In this case it might be labeled "reverse" because the minority is granted the right but it doesn't change the fact its something that shouldn't be tolerated in modern society.

Offline wastickslinger

• Frontiersman
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2010, 07:48:00 AM »
actually really funny response.  thanks. I just went and read the Colville Non Tribal members hunting regs, things are looking up, i can hunt turkey rabbits and geese

Where does it say turkey??? I dont see that.

Offline Wazukie

• Business Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2010, 08:07:58 AM »
They should be able to do whatever they want on tribal land but its completely BS (even though its legal) that they have separate rules on public land and animals. 
and those rules were set forth in the treaty signed in the 1800's.  The Tribe reserved there right to hunt and fish within the bounderies of all ceded land. 

Offline pods8

• Hunter
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2010, 11:53:39 AM »
They should be able to do whatever they want on tribal land but its completely BS (even though its legal) that they have separate rules on public land and animals. 
and those rules were set forth in the treaty signed in the 1800's.  The Tribe reserved there right to hunt and fish within the bounderies of all ceded land. 

I understand that they have a legal right to do so.  I'm saying in my personal opinion I think its utter BS that some group in the united states, based on being born, has more right to animals & resources on public land than others.  They have the right to hunt public land following the same rules as everyone else, but that is it.  Treaties were written at a time there weren't limits/regulations etc. and its ridiculous that things were interpreted from them to circumvent modern regulations.

Offline runamuk

• Explorer
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2010, 12:04:53 PM »

I understand that they have a legal right to do so.  I'm saying in my personal opinion I think its utter BS that some group in the united states, based on being born, has more right to animals & resources on public land than others.  They have the right to hunt public land following the same rules as everyone else, but that is it.  Treaties were written at a time there weren't limits/regulations etc. and its ridiculous that things were interpreted from them to circumvent modern regulations.

I totally agree.  If those treaties are fair then they need to do away with all rules period.....no need for anyone to be impeded in their right to harvest to provide for themselves  :dunno: and the fact that the government does infringes on my right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.....seriously either we all live by the same rules or we get over this whole discrimination BS and realize that it is those very people who feel entitled who continue to perpetuate discrimination and racism..... I do not tell them to name their fireworks stand derogatory things yet go read the names all derogatory, the minute an agent confronts them they flash the race card so even if they are poaching by their own tribes regulations they cannot be convicted in our courts......please please tell me how any of this is either fair or beneficial to the unity of a nation and a sense of equality among its citizens  :dunno:

Offline Dmanmastertracker

• Frontiersman
    • Flickr Photo Album
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2010, 12:14:27 PM »
 "I think what most dont understand is that the State really has no say in what the Indians do or dont do.  The Indian hunting reg's, or lack there of, go's back to original treaties."

Not entirely true and some here have spent eons studying this, FYI. The State does have the authority to limit harvest when necessary, they have no balls to buck the hand that feeds them (I mean her). You are also forgetting many court decisions that were based on other court decisions, not treaties that redefined these rights in different circumstances, in a lot of ways the original treaties are outdated based on those recent cases. If one looked at the original tribal cessions map, they would never know the Nooksack's could hunt elk in Oak Creek today :twocents:.

Offline Atroxus

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2010, 12:15:05 PM »
Here's a link to the Yakama Nation regulations for tribal hunting: http://www.ynwildlife.org/tribalhunting.php.  The ceded area includes all publicly owned portions of the Yakima and Colockum elk herd ranges.

Those are the regulations for non-tribal members who buy a permit to hunt the Yakima Rez. Most tribes do not post their regs online, some do but not the Yakimas or the Muckleshoots.

Actually there is a link to the tribal regs as well on that site. Here. http://www.ynwildlife.org/tribalhunting.php

PS The period at the end of the doublelung's URL is what makes it go to a different page.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 12:54:30 PM by Atroxus »

Offline Alchase

• Explorer
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2010, 01:33:21 PM »
Just reading some of the posts on here about natives makes me think that we are back in the early 1900's and we live in the south.

If it was the early 1900s they would be using bows and traditional hunting ways for sustenance only, as stated when the current rights were granted

:rolleyes: ya right
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline alanger

• Yar ankle biter
  • Sourdough
  • Team super bait
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2010, 03:41:36 PM »

I understand that they have a legal right to do so. 

Thats just great!!!!! they have the right to shoot our big bulls. I dont follow. yes its legal, you have to earn rights though, and shooting a big bull in a suppressed area on a regular basis and knowing the herd is hurting is not an earned right.
~Ankle biter out~

Team super bait!     Gamakatsu     ~Ugly Stick~
Abu Garcia  'Bone Collector'   -Bowtech-  <Berkley fishing>
Cannon~DigiTroll     FLW Outdoors     ~Cabela's~

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal