collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Gov/Auction tag bull killed  (Read 53451 times)

Offline bucklucky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
    • Charlie Smith
Re: Gov/Auction tag bull killed
« Reply #180 on: September 24, 2010, 07:31:51 AM »
So anyway..................... that's one hell of a bull Agnew killed isn't it. Man what a magnificent critter. I bet they were all high fives when that bull hit the dirt. Congrats Mr Dan on the fine bull you killed!!!

Offline rosscrazyelk

• BMM
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #181 on: September 24, 2010, 07:33:57 AM »
For some reason I can't get my computer to copy but With the saying if you get a guide you are not a hunter is a load of crap.
One like someone said you wont be able to hunt in cananda and there is some great hunting there. Also you will never be able to hunt in a wilderness area in Wyoming.
If its brown knock it down

Offline Gutpile

• Gaseous horribulous stinkusis
  • Frontiersman
    • https://www.facebook.com/mark.farrell.142?ref=tn_tnmn
« Reply #182 on: September 24, 2010, 07:36:17 AM »

If you need a guide, you aren't a hunter.  IMO

I hired a guide once. I guess I'm not a hunter. Oh well. Sucks for me. Maybe I'll be a real hunter someday.

Y.A.R. Gold Member

Online Woodchuck

• GO TEAM!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Explorer
  • HuntWA Woodblock
« Reply #183 on: September 24, 2010, 07:42:16 AM »
well said charlie, it is a terrific trophy, congrats to him. i guess all that matters at this point is that Mr. Agnew is happy with his trophy. i certainly would be. this thread will get nuked if some folks dont chill out and that will take the oppurtunity for a lot of folks to look at this impressive animal away without having been the ones to spout off, maybe someone should start another thread for the "guide, no guide" debate and when it gets nuked it wont punish others  :twocents:
Antlered rabbit tastes like chicken

Inuendo, wasn't he an Italian proctoligist?

Offline Elkpiss

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #184 on: September 24, 2010, 07:43:25 AM »
irragant

it's arrogant  looks like you lost a lot of respect from people who know how to spell.   ;)

FYI, I think I'm an average hunter who likes to get out in the woods and work hard at hunting an animal, without paying someone to do all the work for me.  It's my opinion, and I'm sure you all can get over the fact we may have differing opinions.  
 Ya i new miss spelled that when i wrote it, figured you would understand what it meant.. Just thought that was kind of a $hitty post dude.. Your a good hunter, you can generally pick out the real deal on here from the guys who dont know $hit, but that was weak post man... your better then that is all im saying... I had a guide in Canada on my moose hunt, and I would like to consider myself a real hunter..  :twocents: But enough defending Dan, he would just probably laugh at all these posts and sip his whiskey and look at his trophy wall and say Ive killed some big Fuskin Bulls!...  That is a great bull..
Their going down!!!

Offline Buckoholic

• Hunter
« Reply #185 on: September 24, 2010, 07:46:29 AM »
Think I would piss myself if I met him in the woods!!! Congrats to our states elk slayer  :P
A BAD DAY OF HUNTING BEATS A GREAT DAY OF WORK!!!
BUCKOHOLIC JONES

Offline bearhunter99

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+30)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #186 on: September 24, 2010, 07:50:21 AM »
lot of guys are saying that other permit holders had the same opportunity to kill this bull, but I don't think most of the other guys had as many people helping them or don't think there bow's can shoot quite as far as Mr. Agnew's rifle. Yes, I'm assuming he shot it with his rifle. Mark me down as one of the jealous guys, very nice bull. If I had the money I'd buy it every year. What ever happend when the 08' bull he shot was with guides in an area that no guides were licensed to be in? Anyway, another bull of a lifetime.

http://www.biggameawards.com/?p=245

This one that was in Boone & Crocket.  I don't actually know what happened, but it seems like there was a lot fo miss-information shared that changed everytime the story got to a new person.  There may have been more of an outcome, but I never heard about it.

I am not going to get into the whole hunting vs killing thing here but I have read about some of his hunts and he doesn't sound like a bad guy.  To me he sounds like a guy with a huge passion for elk, he just has the means of making his dreams reality.  Some of the elk he has shot were tough hunts from what I have heard, even with a guide.  

If I had his money and spent $40K on a governors tag I don't know what I would do, but spending another $5-10K probably was a small price to pay for finding the best bull for the money.  

As far as the 08 bull and his flying in and shooting it, which was the story I always heard, check out the link in the above quote.

Viking, so when I go to Alaska and hunt with my brother as my "guide" and he does the scouting since he lives there, does that mean I am not a "real hunter"  really no different than hiring a guide..........
RIP Colockumelk   :salute:

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." – Winston Churchill

Genesis 27:3
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison

Offline Gutpile

• Frontiersman
« Reply #187 on: September 24, 2010, 07:55:03 AM »

Viking, so when I go to Alaska and hunt with my brother as my "guide" and he does the scouting since he lives there, does that mean I am not a "real hunter"  really no different than hiring a guide..........

Apparently yes it does. I hired a guide once because I wanted to go to Wyoming but not alone and my friends kept bailing. I said screw it and hired a guide. I'm really bummed now that I just found out I'm not a hunter anymore.

Selling everything, go to the classifieds.  :'(

Y.A.R. Gold Member

Offline bearhunter99

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+30)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #188 on: September 24, 2010, 08:04:01 AM »

Selling everything, go to the classifieds.  :'(

How much for all of it?  :chuckle:
RIP Colockumelk   :salute:

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." – Winston Churchill

Genesis 27:3
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison

Offline Gutpile

• Frontiersman
« Reply #189 on: September 24, 2010, 08:05:22 AM »
Need to get enough to buy the Governer's tag for one last hunt.  :IBCOOL:

Y.A.R. Gold Member

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #190 on: September 24, 2010, 08:10:38 AM »
Done...again...everyone's expressed their opinions.

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw