collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Eastern Washington Mulies  (Read 11695 times)

Offline Ridgerunner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Eastern Washington Mulies
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2007, 02:59:46 PM »
I agree for a two day hunt I would go maybe 3-4 miles in, otherwise you will be so worn out by the time you get there you won't be able to hunt effectively.  You should be able to find plenty of good spots doing that.  Just my 2 cents, if I was coming from Spokane I would head to the Kettle Range for big muleys or the Salmo Priest Wilderness area.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2007, 10:16:40 PM »
Bone, you mentioned that no matter how far back you go, there will always be someone farther back. This is why we're looking for remote, rugged terrain. We aren't the type to be beat easily, so chances are we'll be those that are farther back from the rest.

I wish you luck!

Offline high country

• Old Salt
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2007, 08:50:36 PM »
high country wilderness hunts during archery season don't require a packer on most years. I have taken elk in william douglas and night temps were really cool, we just piled our bags on the meat for the day and all was well. if you think you can get away from people, even in stick season......good luck. Best advice is to use other hunters to your advantage. if there are big bulls, there will be hunters.

Offline Vek

• Hunter
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2007, 06:44:17 PM »
If you want to escape people, going "in" is only half of the equation.  Find someplace where you have to go "up" too, and I don't mean just following a streambed trail.  "Up" trumps "in" anyday.   

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal