collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Eastern Washington Pheasant Opener is NEXT WEEK!!!  (Read 2575 times)

Offline 509

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Eastern Washington Pheasant Opener is NEXT WEEK!!!
« on: October 16, 2010, 04:17:09 PM »
Ever since the department split pheasant and other upland birds opener I have found pheasants much more jumpy than previous to the change. 

I suspected the reason is pressure.  I keep finding people hunting pheasants prior to opener.  This morning another proud hunter with a pheasant tail in his hunter orange vest.  Just because pheasants are open in western Washington does not mean season is open eastern Washington!!

Yes, I know that everybody on this forum probably knows the rules.  So make it a point to remind your friends and family that pheasant season is still CLOSED in eastern Washington. 

I know the Yakima Rez opens a week early and I was not hunting there.  Alarm did not go off and got to the blind at 9:00 am.  Maybe that's why I am cranky.

Offline Ironhead

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
Re: Eastern Washington Pheasant Opener is NEXT WEEK!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 07:09:05 PM »
I am a little jumpy myself, I saw a guy with 2 roosters last Saturday while quail hunting. I let him know East side Pheasant was not open,he argued with me and said he had just showed a gamey the weekend before at a west side release site the 2 birds he had killed. I told him that the East and West sides open on different dates, and got no where with the guy.
 Then I get on this site and mis read a totally innocent post and send the poster a PM saying that pheasant is not open on the East side.
 I then re read his post (carefully) and see that he states he is at a private shooting preserve. I had to re send a PM and eat some crow, hope he is not pissed at me (I wouldn't blame him if he was).
"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is, that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline 509

• Hunter
Re: Eastern Washington Pheasant Opener is NEXT WEEK!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 07:24:01 PM »
My incidents were all on state land. 

I carry a copy of the regs with me.  As soon as I told him that I had a copy of the regs.  He said "oh, I remember now".

One guy was so proud he showed me the pheasants!  Unfortunately, it was only the 2nd of October.  I had the hardest time convincing him that he shot his pheasants three weeks early!!  So I started carrying the regs with me.

We all make mistakes.  I have fished closed water twice.  You know when you think WOW am I a great fisherman.  Then you think, hey I might be good but there is something wrong here.  Ran into town to check the regs and sure enough that was the reason I was a great fisherman.  The current fishing regs are always in my vest now.  Make sure you vest has room in the back for them!!

I think we just need to remind people and not assume they know the regulatiions all the time.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Reidus
[Today at 02:20:11 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]