collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Anyone hunt 328 Naneum? ?  (Read 15934 times)

Offline jstone

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
Re: Anyone hunt 328 Naneum? ?
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2010, 07:37:58 AM »
co workers hunted deer for 9 days. Saw does, spikes and 2 points. and lots of live elk and dead elk. One spot they said 3 cow elk dead not much meat taken. Very said in that area

Offline bankwalker

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2010, 10:51:12 AM »
I think I'm going cougar hunting over there in January or February.   :IBCOOL:

you wont be disapointed. i shot a 200ish pound cat up there 4 years ago, ended up losing it...made a bad shot.  :bash: :bash: the valley i shot the cat in had 2 different cats in it (seen tracks) and about 10 kills ranging from 2 weeks to 2 hours old. 3 days before that there was a 160lb cat shot in the joining valley. i got to see pictures of it and the cat i shot dworfed that 160lb cat

tons of sign around teanum creek road/elk hieghts area. 2 years ago during late elk hunt i cut 3 sets of cougar tracks and had to leave due to my girlfriend getting scared.

Offline Dustin07

• Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2010, 10:56:28 AM »
I think I'm going cougar hunting over there in January or February.   :IBCOOL:

you wont be disapointed. i shot a 200ish pound cat up there 4 years ago, ended up losing it...made a bad shot.  :bash: :bash: the valley i shot the cat in had 2 different cats in it (seen tracks) and about 10 kills ranging from 2 weeks to 2 hours old. 3 days before that there was a 160lb cat shot in the joining valley. i got to see pictures of it and the cat i shot dworfed that 160lb cat

tons of sign around teanum creek road/elk hieghts area. 2 years ago during late elk hunt i cut 3 sets of cougar tracks and had to leave due to my girlfriend getting scared.
what kind of access is it at that point? snowmobile, snow shoe? or just boots? I know the gmu well but have not ventured up in anymore than an inch of snow. I've been told by elk season it can already get very deep.

Offline bucknbulls

• Pilgrim
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2010, 11:17:33 AM »
 you can access it by snowmobile

Offline Red Ryder

• Tracker
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2010, 07:03:32 PM »
Ths was my first time hunting the 328 Naneum GMU. The camp next to us got a nice 3X4. I talked with the game warden who said he saw a total of about 5 bucks taken but some had legal problems attached to them. One of our party almost had a shot on a 3X4 but it turned and ran back up the hill into the Quilamene unit. I hunted the whole season up there. I worked the Coluckum Road, the flats above, the sage below, Cooke Canyon, Coleman Canyon, Schnebly Canyon, and 1 brief Foray up Wilson Creek Road. I saw lots of does and 1 spike. The deer seemed to be active nocturnally moving across into the Quilamene unit on the wrong side of daylight.

Offline bucknbulls

• Pilgrim
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2010, 07:48:53 PM »
I also heard there was a legal issues as well.  Someone shot a fork horn buck with a eyeguard that quite didn't make it legal.  not sure is to what happened but man if your unsure don't shoot.  personally for myself i don't even count the eyeguard as a point and that eliminates any issues with forked horns. :twocents:

Offline fremont

• Scout
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2010, 08:42:12 PM »
Deer louse has decimated the herd.  Wouldn't be surprised with cats, either.

Offline GreggHunts2hard4u

• Hunter
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2010, 10:59:20 PM »
im glad ppl are seeing alot of everything in the areas. sounds like i better buy my cougar tag b4 friday when we're headed back up to 328/329 for the whole elk season!! 

Offline Elkaholic daWg

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2010, 04:59:05 AM »
I think I'm going cougar hunting over there in January or February.   :IBCOOL:

you wont be disapointed. i shot a 200ish pound cat up there 4 years ago, ended up losing it...made a bad shot.  :bash: :bash: the valley i shot the cat in had 2 different cats in it (seen tracks) and about 10 kills ranging from 2 weeks to 2 hours old. 3 days before that there was a 160lb cat shot in the joining valley. i got to see pictures of it and the cat i shot dworfed that 160lb cat

what kind of access is it at that point? snowmobile, snow shoe? or just boots? I know the gmu well but have not ventured up in anymore than an inch of snow. I've been told by elk season it can already get very deep.

Some great snowmobiling area in the Naneum area,whereas most of the Quilomine is closed for wintering elk. you must stay to the north of the Brewton area power line

On the Wenatchee side of the Colockum,(Mission GMU) there  has been a drastic drop indeer and elk numbers since the early 90's, when the number of orchards in the Stimilt basin increased and thier workers started  thinning the herds. before then we used to see numerous herds from the blacktop....no more!! 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 05:05:42 AM by Elkaholic daWg »
Blue Ribbon Coalition
CCRKBA
SAF
NRA                        
Go DaWgs!!

Offline littlemac

• Scout
  • Life Member NRA, Life RMEF, Life SCI
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2010, 05:42:46 PM »
Well, we beat the bush for all of the weekend before the torrents of rain hit.

We did se a monster 6X, only one side the other either got knocked of or never came in.  His main beam was as long a 6 as I have seen and he was older than dirt, nearly white.  He was with a 5X?, couldn't make out the right side as it was a twisted weird thing that looked like only a single point.

Saw four spikes hanging up top through Sunday.
"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor even the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change."

-- Charles Darwin

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand