collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Late Season Question?  (Read 1632 times)

Offline 270WIN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Late Season Question?
« on: October 31, 2010, 09:48:41 PM »
 I wasn't successful during general season so I'm going to hunt the late season. I have more time off work so I'm able to take an extended weekend for this hunt. I'm thinking about hunting GMU 124 but I don't know this unit at all so I'm riding blind here.  I read you can buy a pass for property owned by Inland Empire Paper Co. but is this the only public land available in this unit? Also, do you see a lot of hunting pressure during late season?   I'm not looking for anyone's honey hole just trying to get an idea of what to expect.

Offline bullrider97

• Hunter
Re: Late Season Question?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 09:56:26 PM »
Inland Empire has two big chunks of land off of Elder RD. The only one that you can get to is Starr RD without permission from some of the private land owners. Park at the bottom of the gate and walk about 1 1/2 miles and you'll hit paper land. You need to buy a permit too, which you can at White's. Once you hit paper land- the farther back you go the less people you see- if you have a bicycle that helps. Haven't hunted late season there- I saw some good deer there this spring turkey hunting.

The other chunk owner by IEP can be accessed of of Elder too, but, like I said, you have to get permission from somebody adjacent. The folks closest to it are anti-hunters. I have a friend that has access and has seen lots and lots of elk there because it's rarely accessed. Both are worth a shot if you can either get back farther or get permission.

Best of luck. :)  There is a small chunk of State Land there- but it's only about a mile square- also off of Starr Rd.
There was never a horse that couldn't be rode; there was never a cowboy that couldn't be throwed.

Offline 270WIN

• Pilgrim
Re: Late Season Question?
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 08:11:29 AM »
Thanks, that's good to know.  Leaving Friday after work and will be there until Tuesday. :IBCOOL:

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal