collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Scent lok  (Read 15627 times)

Offline Coasthunterjay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Scent lok
« on: April 09, 2008, 06:48:10 PM »
Ok i have heard alot of bad talking scent lok and other scent blockers like dead down winds, HS scent blocker and other items.....Now i want to hear from some people that have something good to say about these items....

What works that you use and what doesnt? remember these are just opinions.....

NO BAD TALKING GEAR.....!

And if i dont get any replys i am just going to bump it everyonce in a while till i get a response..... :chuckle:

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
Re: Scent lok
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 06:53:58 PM »
I wear a scentlock light jacket.  Why.... I got it free for writing an article for a magazine.  Its about $300.  Its a very nice jacket.  My thoughts on Scentlock technology....its a waste of money.  NOTHING will help you if you get an animal downwind of you.  All of the outside influences of scents and such, your breath etc.  Your shoes....blah blah blah.  If it happents to have scent lock and you are buying it because its a nice article of clothing.....go for it.  If its for scent lock protection....don't waste your money.

Offline Sagedawg

• Longhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 07:15:47 PM »
Amen Bone. Their noses and instinst for survial has been in constant evolution since man started hunting for food. Youve seen the advertisment "forget the wind" well if you do no vension on that hunt. Just my thoughts.

Sage

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 07:25:23 PM »
AJ - Not directed at me is it? LOL

As I stated at Cabela's I don't care or belive in it (yea, I know, my boots) but if you belive in it and it makes you confident then go ahead and purchase it. I know too many smokers that kill lots of (and big) animals. They are confident in their skills and that is a big part of success.

Confidence is key. If a pink jig works and you don't feel good about tossing a black one you will not be confident and ready when the float goes down.

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.instagram.com/steve.bell.actionshooter/
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 09:45:57 PM »
 I saw an article a while back where scent lock was getting sued for false advertising. I wouldn't drop a dime on the stuff, I think its a scam.
 I guess I don't have anything good to say  :)

Offline Head-shot

• General Underachiever
  • Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 09:57:20 PM »
I've heard some of my friends talk about it both good and bad. One guy even went as far as to say the charcoal in the suit is what made it so good. Which got me to thinking, my chem suit (military guys know these) is camo and has got a thick ass charcoal liner in it...Why not use it to hunt in nothing should be smelling me if it works.  :bdid: It was a fairly new suit and I hunted hard that day. Saw lots of does who could give a squat less if I were there or not. So I dont know if it really worked, I do know I looked like Al Joelson when I came out of the suit. Took forever to scrub that *censored* off me. Since then I've had no desire to go with scentlock. :twocents:
Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or destroy it, piss on it and walk away!

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 10:08:40 PM »
 I have been told I should were charcoal lined underwear, maybe there is something to it  :dunno:

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 10:10:24 PM »
I have been told I should were charcoal lined underwear, maybe there is something to it  :dunno:

they only work for turkey hunting.

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Slider

• Frontiersman
    • www.albinovest.com
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 10:12:22 PM »
Don't WASTE your money!!! :bdid: Some lures catch fish some catch fishermen!!!................lol

Offline Head-shot

• General Underachiever
  • Sourdough
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 10:12:46 PM »
My wife would like me to wear them around the house :chuckle:

Sometimes she wish I had some scentlok drawers... :chuckle:
Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or destroy it, piss on it and walk away!

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2008, 10:14:37 PM »
The charcoal shorts idea was in the morning after a good chili dinner the night before.......even the biggest wall tent seems small   :drool:

Offline Coasthunterjay

• Sourdough
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2008, 10:16:53 PM »
serious guys. I know there are some guys that use the spray and all the other crap like the gum, or socks what about the lotions and special wipes. not just the suits or jackets, but yes if you have a good situation with a jacket then tell.....

NO BASHING! OR BAD TALKING THE GEAR......

i only want to hear from pople that have had positive things with this stuff........

And no willie i wasnt directing it to you....But the talk we had got me wondering thats why i asked....

Offline MountainWalk

• "Pa Nevermissashot"
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • High lead logger/ cutter
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2008, 10:24:28 PM »
i think it may work just fine for passive hunting above the ground, but in the mountains, a fella just sweats too much for it to work, leastways thats what i believe.
The way that you wander, is the way that you choose
The day that you tarry, is the day that you lose

Offline Outfitter

• Sherman Creek Outfitters
  • Tracker
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008, 10:38:34 PM »
All I know is we have shows film here like Drury Outdoors and a few others that have Scent Blocker or Scent Lock as sponsers . I sometimes have to be the cameraman for them so they make me wear it for advertizing . I have to admit that after so many years of doing this I have seen alot of gimmics come through here but there is something to this stuff.I don't think you can fool a whitetail compleatly but I do think after using it that it does suppress your scent some.I have watched deer come down wind that I knew were going to bust on us and they didn't. The spray scents I don't think work at all. The next time you gut something that sat over night spray it on your hands and see if you don't smell it anymore! Theres not one brand that works. I have tried them all as hunters bring all kinds of brands.

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2008, 10:54:29 PM »
serious guys. I know there are some guys that use the spray and all the other crap like the gum, or socks what about the lotions and special wipes. not just the suits or jackets, but yes if you have a good situation with a jacket then tell.....

NO BASHING! OR BAD TALKING THE GEAR......

i only want to hear from pople that have had positive things with this stuff........

And no willie i wasnt directing it to you....But the talk we had got me wondering thats why i asked....

If you only want to hear from the people who like it whats the point? Your already sold on the stuff, just buy it and use it.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal