collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: trespassing  (Read 6302 times)

Offline NWBREW

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Re: trespassing
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2010, 10:08:15 AM »
If you want NO ONE to hunt your land, then post it. :twocents:  I know it is the hunters responsibility to know where he/she is because thats what the law says but if you are really worried about it then save everyone the trouble ands post the hell out of it. 

I have and it doesn't always help. I have also had a$$hats shoot from the road towards my place. Leave gutpiles in my driveway....and yes, my land is posted,,,,heavily.
Just one more day

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2010, 10:28:22 AM »
You also need to remember that by not posting/fencing your land you allow tribal hunters to exercise their treaty hunting rights on your property....

Offline Hunterman

• Y.A.R. PRO FISHING TEAM MEMBER #1 MASTER BAITER
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2010, 10:33:22 AM »
Post the hell out of it with signs that say "Private Property,, No Trespassing, No Hunting" ..

Hunterman(Tony)
SOMR PEOPLE HAVE TO WAIT THEIR WHOLE LIFE TO MEET THEIR HUNTING BUDDY. I RAISED MINE.

Offline HardCorpsHuntr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
  • Semper Fi
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2010, 11:07:58 AM »
 :bash:

My land is posted like a moe foe!

I've caught several people trespassing on my property - some even dragging deer out.  Usually goes something like this, I shot this buck on public and he came over here where I finished it off!  A quick conversation about private property laws and away they go.

Now last year was odd.  On two separate occasions I had shed hunters trespass and attempt to steal several sheds I have placed for landscaping (all within 70 yards of the house).  One guy had 4 and the other had 7.  Luckily I was home and spotted them because I heard their vehicle idling.  Both were charged with trespass 2nd degree and theft third.  And, one of the drivers was charged with the same under aiding and abetting the crime. :chuckle:

These guys had some of the dumbest executives I've heard in a panic.           
"Fast is fine. Accuracy is final. You need to learn to shoot slow, real fast." -Wyatt Earp

Offline HardCorpsHuntr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
  • Semper Fi
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2010, 11:10:08 AM »
Forgot to add.  All three plead guilty to both charges after an investigator for the office of defense drove out and I showed him the property and where the shed were!
"Fast is fine. Accuracy is final. You need to learn to shoot slow, real fast." -Wyatt Earp

Offline boonerboy

• Longhunter
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2010, 11:28:29 AM »
not saying that signs will keep out everybody. But at least you know you arent busting the honest hunter that really didn't know any better. It is impossible for a hunter to know where every property line is. Help them out by CLEARLY marking it! :twocents:

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2010, 11:40:53 AM »
Bottom line from a person that spends alot of time out there and who has alot of maps.   Its not always easy to tell where state boundaries are, and where private ownership is, where timber company land is, and where farmland is.   Sometimes its obvious, sometimes it is not.   If I see a sign, then I know better or have to take extra effort.   
There are lots of games played these days with people posting stateland, people taking down stateland signs etc.   If someone walks past a no trespassing sign, they don't have a lot of excuses.   

Offline julzzz

• Hunter
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2010, 07:03:00 PM »
sorry to here that martinhunter. My deal is with todays technology, GPS, google earth, there no way you can mistake where you are.  Do the research.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal