collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 31" Washington Buck  (Read 17029 times)

Offline boonerboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: 31" Washington Buck
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2010, 08:42:39 PM »
nice buck! :drool: I doubt that anything shady was done on purpose. I have known the hunter's brother for years and I know that the whole family eats, sleeps and breathes hunting and the outdoors and are good people. Now, how about posting a pic of the wolf he shot last year in Idaho.  :)

Offline remington300mag

• Site Sponsor
  • Longhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2010, 08:50:42 PM »
Tell ya guys what....the picture doesn't even do this buck justice! Stopped by and took a look at it today....Absolutely AWESOME! HUGE MASS......WIDE.....and TONS of CHARACTER!! These guys did it the right way. Fair Chase....Pre season scouting.....off the roads.....ethical.....No flash lights on the muzzy  :yike:.... and all around some of the nicest people you will run into! 
Congrats to you and your brother! Don't let haters take anything away from a GREAT hunt and a GREAT animal!!
"It's not how hard you hit that matters....It's how hard you can get hit and keep coming forward!"

Offline high country

• Old Salt
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2010, 09:00:34 PM »
if a guy is gonna kill chit and put it on the net'.....ya better have skin thick enough to hear it all. the world is full of critcs, and they have no problem speaking up in text.

hope your hunt was a good one, that buck sure is.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2010, 09:02:14 PM »
so does someone have the original post so i can see all this trash talk?

Offline remington300mag

• Site Sponsor
  • Longhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2010, 09:03:54 PM »
if a guy is gonna kill chit and put it on the net'.....ya better have skin thick enough to hear it all. the world is full of critcs, and they have no problem speaking up in text.

hope your hunt was a good one, that buck sure is.

I think what got to him High Country was that he didn't post it on the net...someone else did....

Bone, It was under a post in the deer section, titled "2010 LATE MISSION MUZZY CAME TO A CLOSE"......I think.......
"It's not how hard you hit that matters....It's how hard you can get hit and keep coming forward!"

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2010, 09:25:13 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Erdmann had video of a gal killing a 190 muzz buck on Solo Hunters which was mentioned in that other thread. I don't believe he owns that show but he's been on it before.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline SliverSlinger21

• Pilgrim
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2010, 09:26:22 PM »
Pretty sure this is a bait and hook for their website. The post reads like a third party wrote it. The voice is all wrong. Pretty sure whoever shot that buck didnt do the write up thats why its confusing. The buck is huge and congrats to whoever shot it but I think its a lure to get people to follow their new site...

Just my POV

Offline BLKBEARKLR

• Frontiersman
  • Taxidermist
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2010, 09:28:03 PM »
Pretty sure this is a bait and hook for their website. The post reads like a third party wrote it. The voice is all wrong. Pretty sure whoever shot that buck didnt do the write up thats why its confusing. The buck is huge and congrats to whoever shot it but I think its a lure to get people to follow their new site...

Just my POV

ding ding ding we have a winner in my opinion.

Joe
22 years 3 months and 4 days, happily retired from the U.S Army.

Offline cooneyes

• Tracker
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2010, 09:29:17 PM »
Hey nice buck man! I'd love to slap a tag on something like that! SOON..... :P

Offline Lowedog

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2010, 09:32:51 PM »

Just my POV

The OP is the hunter's brother.   :)
"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching- even when doing the wrong thing is legal."
— Aldo Leopold

Offline remington300mag

• Site Sponsor
  • Longhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2010, 09:36:50 PM »
The guy that did the write up or otherwise known as the original poster is the BROTHER of the guy that shot the buck.

Offline Magnum_Willys

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2010, 11:44:46 PM »

Just my POV

Yup - That site is theirs for promoting their hunting adventure videos.

Offline ing

• Longhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2010, 12:02:07 AM »
Screw all the bs, that's a great buck and I'm glad you killed him.  Thanks for all the help with the buck I killed.  I wouldn't have been able to do it without your help.  And the help of a few others of course.

Offline 509er

• Sourdough
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2010, 05:16:44 AM »
Ran into Derek the other day, great guy.  Like stickslinger said after just talking to him a couple time you could tell he was passionate about hunting.  Tell him there are just to many internet "experts" out there and congrats on taking a great buck.
I've hunted almost everyday of my life, the rest have been wasted.

Offline 509er

• Sourdough
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2010, 05:19:06 AM »
Tell your brother the web is full of "So much cooler online" guys. That is a great buck. Kudos to him for helping others fill their tags too.

Wonder where you have heard this before.   :rolleyes:
I've hunted almost everyday of my life, the rest have been wasted.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal