collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 31" Washington Buck  (Read 17028 times)

Offline krout81

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: 31" Washington Buck
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2010, 05:23:39 AM »
AWESOME MULEY :drool: :drool: :drool:
Flinging Arrows with Thunderhead 125's since 1992 
Why Change now?

Offline 400out

• Radio Active YAR
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
  • HA HA! VERY FUNNY!
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2010, 07:15:22 AM »
OK I'm with Bone, show me the post where he gets trashed on  :dunno: I have read anything worth getting you panties bunched up over  :dunno:
I thought I would be able to make sense of this post this morning! NOPE I was wrong  :dunno:
I was really wondering if someone needed a Breathalyzer on him computer! the only logical explanation I could think of  :chuckle:  :chuckle:
509er/stickslinger- Maybe you guys can help! You back him up like you are in agreeing with him! Have you read the post  :dunno:
Nice buck again! Which is what I posted on the other post... Sorry for hurting someones feeling with my compliment  :chuckle:
Granted the ability to cause a A nuclear explosion that produces a rapid release of energy from a higher power resulting in the sudden and catastrophic demise of a thread.

Confucius say:
A crowded elevator smells different to a midget!
Man that go to bed with itchy butt wake up with stinky fingers!
Man who fight with wife all day get no piece at night.

Offline Bigtine96

• Sourdough
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2010, 07:21:07 AM »
That's a hell of a buck, but your brother getting butt hurt about what people say on the internet and having to get his brother involved because someone hurt his feelings :'( is just pathetic and makes me not care about how big the buck is.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2010, 07:24:56 AM »
I'm kinda of the same feeling.  I'm thinking, Post a title 31 inch WA Muley, then post a pic and then have your brother tell the story, or you tell the story.  I think then post a link and say, hey if you want to see it on video check us out here, or better yet become a sponsor, and sell your stuff here to a bunch of guys who appreciate a 31 inch buck.   Otherwise getting monkey butt over whats been said so far is pretty pathetic.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2010, 07:25:02 AM »
OK I'm with Bone, show me the post where he gets trashed on  :dunno: I have read anything worth getting you panties bunched up over  :dunno:
I thought I would be able to make sense of this post this morning! NOPE I was wrong  :dunno:
I was really wondering if someone needed a Breathalyzer on him computer! the only logical explanation I could think of  :chuckle:  :chuckle:
509er/stickslinger- Maybe you guys can help! You back him up like you are in agreeing with him! Have you read the post  :dunno:
Nice buck again! Which is what I posted on the other post... Sorry for hurting someones feeling with my compliment  :chuckle:

My take...
The guy in that other thread mentioned or was trash talking some guys from the SOLO Hunters TV show. Erdmann, I suspect, or his brother, I'm guessing, was filming for that TV show. This is all a guess, so I'm assuming that Erdmann thinks the other dude on the other thread was trash talking them. I don't know, just thinking out loud.
p.s. this is Erdmann's wife I believe. Again, not sure.
http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,59895.0.html
You guys really know how to kill big bucks, I'll give you that for sure. Congrats on that!!
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline erdmann

• Pilgrim
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2010, 07:30:54 AM »
This is what he is talking about I'm sure.

http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,62991.0.html

And that is not the buck 509er posted. FYI

Yes, this is what I was referring to. Derek goes above and beyond the duty to be a true conservationist. I know how hard he works and I just wanted make sure whoever posted those comments knew it was not Derek and his wife. Someone refers to his wife and the one who shot the 31" buck. Anyone who knows that unit can put two and two together. Think it was him with 15 guys and camera crews running everywhere!

I also wanted to make sure people do not think we run around with a big camera crew only worrying about shooting for a video. We only video because we love the sport. We pack camera with us personally and shoot all our own footage. Trust me it is a pain in the ass. We have also saved many animals lives because we could not get it on film. It makes hunting even more challenging, but it is a challenge that we love. You either love it or you do not.  

Thanks for finding the thread. I should have posted there.....I do not consider myself a blogger and only joined the site to make sure people knew it was not him. Because there are wolf packs that do have large hunting parties and block roads. This bugs me because we have enough antis trying to shut hunting down. Really bugs me when we have hunters that should be banner together fighting among ourselves. To me it is about protecting our rights for my kids and grandchildren. Really don't care what people think, just wanted to make sure people do not think it was him.

Thanks for all your comments!

Offline high country

• Old Salt
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2010, 07:31:32 AM »
if a guy is gonna kill chit and put it on the net'.....ya better have skin thick enough to hear it all. the world is full of critcs, and they have no problem speaking up in text.

hope your hunt was a good one, that buck sure is.

I think what got to him High Country was that he didn't post it on the net...someone else did....

Bone, It was under a post in the deer section, titled "2010 LATE MISSION MUZZY CAME TO A CLOSE"......I think.......
chase big bucks on a coveted tag and there is bound to be someone butthurt.....if you did not break any laws there is not a thing they can say that will affect you, of course it does wipe the shine off of a hunt if you have the whole team herding critters for you. I see nothing wrong with your buds helping locate a good buck, but when you bring radios and cell phones it becomes less of a hunt and more of a shoot.

I have no idea if that took place, just adding for perspective. to take a buck like that on a quality hunt is what we all hope for.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2010, 07:33:55 AM »
Much better understood now.  Thank you for clarifying.

Offline Widgeondeke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
  • US Army Infantry 91-98
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2010, 07:40:12 AM »
Helluva buck! That's all I see  :twocents:

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2010, 08:11:22 AM »
This is the main reason that many of us don't share our success stories on the internet. ;)

Offline quadrafire

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2010, 08:13:19 AM »
This is the main reason that many of us don't share our success stories on the internet. ;)
Or in my case NON-success stories :)

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2010, 10:03:06 AM »
Bait and switch, I agree.

Offline erdmann

• Pilgrim
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2010, 10:32:28 AM »
Brother must have been confused.  Tell him congrats on a nice one.  Only nice things said on this here website.  This is a great site with lots of real helpful Joe's just out to share some good times & info...

BTW... what kind of video camera to you have.  The one I had kept getting fogged up, and I never saw any deer anyway.  Thinking about stepping up to a good one, and taking it and trying to get a buck like that next year.  Just curious...

I will tell him congrats! Currently, most of the stuff we shoot is with a Cannon GL2. It really depends on what you want to do with the footage. For guys that want to put a video together you need something with a 3CCD chip. If you want it for yourself and home footage there are some great smaller High Definition cameras out there. They are very nice to carry compared to the larger cameras. The other key is to make sure it has at least a 20 power zoom. We have a small 25 power HD zoom cameras that works great.

If your looking filming things for Television it really needs to be HD. There is nothing more exciting to me than to capture things on film. It is something I can share with my wife and kids when they are not there. Let me know if I can help in any way. I have learned everything the hard way and could have saved a lot of money if i would have had a mentor.

Offline erdmann

• Pilgrim
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2010, 10:59:07 AM »
nice buck! :drool: I doubt that anything shady was done on purpose. I have known the hunter's brother for years and I know that the whole family eats, sleeps and breathes hunting and the outdoors and are good people. Now, how about posting a pic of the wolf he shot last year in Idaho.  :)
Hey- here's a pictue of that wolf I killed last year. I am so glad i had the opportunity to do my part in getting rid of a few. I wrote an article in Christensen's Illustrated about how they are affecting the game and economy in Idaho. Below is a link to the article if you want to read it. Good luck hunting and I hope we can get our rights to hunt them back.

[img]
http://wildfocus.squarespace.com/storage/Christensen's%20HI-Wolf%202009.pdf

If it is hard to read you can read the text at the link below:
http://www.wildfocus.biz/christensens-hi-wolf-hunt/

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2010, 11:06:10 AM »
I think that pic trumps your brother and his deer.  Very cool!

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal