collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Coyote hunt  (Read 2352 times)

Offline deleted BGS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
  • Shoot to KILL
Coyote hunt
« on: December 01, 2010, 06:23:40 PM »
Went out today and no luck.. again. My buddy said he heard packs howling last night so i went out there until dark and didnt hear or see anything. THere were multiple sets of tracks on the road for about 2-3 miles, and the tracks were pretty fresh.
I am very frustrated and am so confused as to where these things are. I dont know what to do to find one of these things, any help?

Offline Kain

• Scalpless
  • Old Salt
  • VantuckyKain
Re: Coyote hunt
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 06:26:53 PM »
Lots of stands.  Lots of luck.  No movement.  lots of luck.  Good camo.  lots of luck.  Watch the wind.  Lots of luck.

Good luck out there.   :chuckle:

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 07:10:51 PM »
Lots of stands.  Lots of luck.  No movement.  lots of luck.  Good camo.  lots of luck.  Watch the wind.  Lots of luck.

Good luck out there.   :chuckle:
:yeah:

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Explorer
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 07:24:24 PM »
Went out today and no luck.. again. My buddy said he heard packs howling last night so i went out there until dark and didnt hear or see anything. THere were multiple sets of tracks on the road for about 2-3 miles, and the tracks were pretty fresh.
I am very frustrated and am so confused as to where these things are. I dont know what to do to find one of these things, any help?

Are you looking at aerial photos? Do you know the prevailing wind? Have you tried locating them with howls or a siren?

Offline deleted BGS

• Scout
  • Shoot to KILL
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 08:41:45 PM »

Are you looking at aerial photos? Do you know the prevailing wind? Have you tried locating them with howls or a siren?

Offline deleted BGS

• Scout
  • Shoot to KILL
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 08:42:31 PM »
Ya i tried both times howls, and sirens. First one is always the hardest, it can only get easier

Offline uplandhunter870

• Sourdough
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 08:47:25 PM »
first one is most definitely the hardest, ive made some 20 odd stands this season and have only got one to come in so far and one of my hunting buddies decided to educate it

keep at it coyote hunting takes tons of patience and 10x as much luck

Offline sivart33

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Scout
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 08:55:48 PM »
i have made probably around 50+ stands on the west side this year, to hear 3, see 1, shoot one(just saw it was not called in) and one bobcat heard.

if not way more then 50 stands

Offline deleted BGS

• Scout
  • Shoot to KILL
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 09:42:38 PM »
With all do respect , you could hunt coyotes on the west side for 1o plus years and never shoot a coyote. And thats a fact! I have seen maybe 3 yotes during 10 years of deer, elk, and bear hunting during season. I have only seen 10 total and they have been on private land or where ever. I live on the westside but go to school on the east, and have already in 2 months seen more coyotes than i could in 2-3 years at home.

Offline Heredoggydoggy

• Old Salt
  • Team I'M TOO OLD FOR THIS $H!T !
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 09:19:06 AM »
Don't feel bad--same luck here yesterday morning.  Went to an area that's covered with coyote tracks.  Called for an hour and a half.  Nothing-Nada-Zip!  I think they sense changes in weather and hole up.  I know coyote hunters don't spend that much time on one setup, but the area is huge!  Besides, I evolved as a deer hunter, and an hour on a stand is nothing.
If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

When Bernie Madoff did it, it's called a "Ponzi Scheme"
When Government does it, it's called "Social Security"

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Explorer
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2010, 04:49:50 PM »
With all do respect , you could hunt coyotes on the west side for 1o plus years and never shoot a coyote. And thats a fact! I have seen maybe 3 yotes during 10 years of deer, elk, and bear hunting during season. I have only seen 10 total and they have been on private land or where ever. I live on the westside but go to school on the east, and have already in 2 months seen more coyotes than i could in 2-3 years at home.

Not sure where you are hunting big game, but it shouldn't be too hard to spot a dozen a year on the westside. Not saying you will have an oportunity at half of them, but there are lots of coyotes on this side.

Offline deleted BGS

• Scout
  • Shoot to KILL
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2010, 06:52:28 PM »

Not sure where you are hunting big game, but it shouldn't be too hard to spot a dozen a year on the westside. Not saying you will have an oportunity at half of them, but there are lots of coyotes on this side.

THere is a hunting club in my area and i would guarantee at most only 2 out of around 100 guys see that many yotes a year. I spend a lot of time out (everyday of modern deer and archery deer and elk) plus i live in an area that holds elk deer and bear (my yard) so im in prime area every day. I just dont see it..

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal