collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WOW! Somebody is upset!  (Read 24218 times)

Offline ducksdogsdownriggers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Re: WOW! Somebody is upset!
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2011, 09:39:44 PM »
Why not just get in the blinds first and keep the guided hunters from using them that way, rather than destrying the blinds. It is first come, first serve. Public land, so they are public blinds, no matter who built them.

I'll second that. 

Know your regs, make sure you're 100% in the clear, and if some guide wants to get tough, just have the proper #'s in your cell phone...

Offline dirty24d

• Carnivore
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2011, 09:51:08 PM »
Sounds like somebody has had some bad encounters with Mardons..    So why is it that they are allowed to set up blinds and leave them out there? isnt it illegal to build blinds on public property. I would think they could go on a documentation mission and take time stamped pictures of the blind to have wdfw remove them or give that individual permission to remove them.  Portable or not i would think that its illegal to construct a blind and leave it on public land.   Am I wrong???
~  ~One of my favorite clothing patterns is camouflage. Because when you're in the woods it makes you blend in. But when you're not it does just the opposite. It's like "hey, there's an *censored*."”

Be come one with Nature......... Then Marinade it.

One moment you're flying south for the winter, then - BANG - gravy.

Offline mkcj

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2011, 09:58:27 PM »
I do agree there should be NO permanent blinds on public land floating or on the dunes! Mardons has been doing it for years they think the potholes are there personal play grounds. Oh and their arrogant as %$## and the game dept. won't touch them.

Offline dirty24d

• Carnivore
  • Sourdough
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2011, 10:18:28 PM »
I do agree there should be NO permanent blinds on public land floating or on the dunes! Mardons has been doing it for years they think the potholes are there personal play grounds. Oh and their arrogant as %$## and the game dept. won't touch them.

Ya should be something stating that structures are not to be constructed (even if temporary)and left unattended for a time period greater than 45 minutes or something like that.   
~  ~One of my favorite clothing patterns is camouflage. Because when you're in the woods it makes you blend in. But when you're not it does just the opposite. It's like "hey, there's an *censored*."”

Be come one with Nature......... Then Marinade it.

One moment you're flying south for the winter, then - BANG - gravy.

Offline C-Money

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
  • Self proclaimed 3pt master
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2011, 10:39:50 PM »
I dident know the Mesebergs were making folks so mad! I just use the blinds. Never had a confrontation.
I felt like a one legged cat trying to bury a terd on a frozen pond!

Offline jordano

• Sourdough
  • Cupped and Comin'!
    • http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=593729282&sk=info
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2011, 10:43:12 PM »
Sounds like somebody has had some bad encounters with Mardons..    So why is it that they are allowed to set up blinds and leave them out there? isnt it illegal to build blinds on public property. I would think they could go on a documentation mission and take time stamped pictures of the blind to have wdfw remove them or give that individual permission to remove them.  Portable or not i would think that its illegal to construct a blind and leave it on public land.   Am I wrong???
In the regs it says you are allowed to build blinds but that as soon as you start building one it become's public property and is now on a first come, first serve basis. So now those blinds they have out there are open to the public if the public get to them first.
Ozzie

Do what you like. Like what you do.

<><

Gettin' their feet on my face!

Offline Sneaky

• Savage
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2011, 10:45:30 PM »
Beat the guides to the blind if there's that much of a problem! that will end any and all problems.

Offline jordano

• Sourdough
  • Cupped and Comin'!
    • http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=593729282&sk=info
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2011, 10:46:39 PM »
Beat the guides to the blind if there's that much of a problem! that will end any and all problems.
exactly!  :tup:
Ozzie

Do what you like. Like what you do.

<><

Gettin' their feet on my face!

Offline groundhog

• Longhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2011, 06:48:51 AM »
Sounds like the guy that made that sign has a problem gettin up in the morning. From my experience in the Potholes it helps to have other hunters out there. Keeps the birds moving.  The idea of making it illegal for guides to hunt public lands is a bad one. There are many folks out there that do not have the skill, or equipment to do it on there own and they have just as much right to our public lands as we do.
 When you hunt public lands you can expect some competition. If you can't compete, maybe you should take up knitting or shooting ducks on the Wii. To ruin a nice duck blind of a fellow hunter is disgracefull and as far as I am concerned anyone that would do that is a dirtbag.

Offline BlackRidge

• Mmm tag soup..
  • Sourdough
  • WildGame Deterrent
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2011, 07:04:37 AM »
In a way, I wish guides were limited to private properties, especially if they profit from it

Keep situations like this from arising
Theres plenty of room for all of gods animals.... right next to the mashed potatoes!

Antlerking

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2011, 07:24:43 AM »
They left those papers everywere, I had them on my window when i got back to the truck from hunting out there back in nov. multiple times, but I never did see who was doing it.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2011, 07:45:52 AM »
I second the fact that a few hunters help keep the ducks moving... I think it is bad to destroy the blind but better to use them....   I had A professor From CWU that  guided the potholes area for 30 years had a 4-5duck per gun day average and he only guided public land.... NEVER made permanent blinds adn was an all around good guy.... I don't think banning Guides is a good way to go either....
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline singleshot12

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • WWA,PF
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2011, 08:23:00 AM »
The growing guide trend has ruined many great traditional hunting and fishing grounds (private and public) over the last few years. Guides tend to lose respect for other sportsmen that aren't their clients and paying them.   I would love to see guides banned but that will never happen. I agree that destroying their blinds isn't right either and people should just try get to the blind early if they choose to play the public land game.
Private land?  I'm guessing already about 80% of the prime land is already tied up by the guides. It's getting real hard to find places to hunt and fish anymore unless you do it the pay to play way..    
NATURE HAS A WAY

"All good things must come to an end"

SEARCHING FOR TRUTH, SEARCHING FOR PURITY, something that doesn't really exist anymore..

Offline Glockster

• Scout
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2011, 08:35:05 AM »
I have never ever had a bad run in with Mardon's guides.  As a matter of fact they have been downright polite and i've beat them plenty of times to 'their' blinds over the years. 

I think if the Mardon haters did their homework they'd find that the Mesebergs have put way more back into the community and local economy than they've ever "taken".   :twocents:

Guides provide access and a skill set that some people don't have the time , ability or energy to do for themselves.  What's wroing with that as long as the guides don't act like they own the place?

Offline Packers10

• Tracker
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2011, 08:51:06 AM »
I admit that I use a guide sometimes and frankly if I ever was with a guide that tried to kick someone out of a blind on public property I would stop them immediately and never use them again.  It is kind of easy to blame the guides but some blame should be shared by the clients too.....not very ethical people that allow their guides to do something like that. 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by jrebel
[Today at 06:27:01 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]