collapse
Double U Hunting Supply For all your AR 500 steel target needs and competitive shooting events!

Author Topic: Spokane shooting ranges  (Read 5124 times)

Offline hookr88

• Scout
Spokane shooting ranges
« on: February 12, 2011, 09:20:54 AM »
Hey you 509'ers in the Spokane area. I'm heading over to visit my daughter at Whitworth today. I was thinking of taking her shooting on Sunday. Are there any good ranges close to there? Thanks, Brian

Offline dscubame

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
  • 2013 Idaho Elk Hunt
Re: Spokane shooting ranges
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 10:35:09 AM »
http://www.spokanerifleclub.com/

Spokane Rifle Club.

I live down the street from Whitworth by SCC.  The last home basketball game is tonight and they are a real blast to go to.  8 pm.  My daughter and I will be courtside just to the west of the south backboard.
It's a TIKKA thing..., you may not understand.

Eyes in the Woods.   ' '

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Off-Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 03:48:51 PM »
the one in Mica south of town has targets to 1000 yards

Offline dscubame

• Sourdough
  • 2013 Idaho Elk Hunt
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 04:25:28 PM »
The one in mica is absolutely my favorite.  I set the 1000 yard for the .50 cal.  No nonsense operation with Joel and about as redneck as it gets. 

True story....  last year while shooting a numbnut next to me shot a doe down field (it was accidental or so claimed).  You would have to understand the massive amount of wildlife targets out their to even begin considering this guys claim of an accident.  Joel had a fit and rightfully so.  Deer and quail are always passing through.  In true redneck form the doe did not go to waste but I will not elaborate.  I guarantee that arsehat has not been back since. 

I often think how worthless that piece of property is going to be with the led contamination.  Any future buyers are held responsible for the pollutants and land contamination. 

I would not suggest advising that place to someone unless you know what type of person is asking about a shooting range.  Simply because it is so non traditional.  Actually very traditional in the true sense so how about very unique when compared to today's shooting ranges, that may be a better choice of description.

Eyes in the Woods.   ' '

Offline hookr88

• Scout
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 04:47:39 PM »
Thanks guys, I'll check em out. we're just shooting pistols so I'm thinking the 1000yd is a little long for the .25auto though.

Offline dscubame

• Sourdough
  • 2013 Idaho Elk Hunt
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 04:48:30 PM »
If that is the case.  Spokane Sharpshooters is the place hands down.

Eyes in the Woods.   ' '

Offline hookr88

• Scout
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 05:02:28 PM »
Thanks, is your daughter a student at Whitworth? We just might be at the game.

Offline dscubame

• Sourdough
  • 2013 Idaho Elk Hunt
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 05:29:25 PM »
She is not but my youngest already has plans to attend Whitworth and live in our basement.  lol  :)  My daughters are 7 and 9.  I support the school with season tickets and a annual donation for a advertising banner.  That is an extremely good and prestigious school.  I am sure you are a proud father.

Eyes in the Woods.   ' '

Offline walt

• Off-Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 05:50:29 PM »
Center Target Sports in Post Falls is top notch.  It's a bit of a drive from Whitworth though.

Offline huntnnw

• Old Salt
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 10:41:15 PM »
haha prestigious school.. its a joke what goes on there! I know a retired marine vet, federal court interpreter, he took a job there with the foreign languages program... he told me the storys that went on there.. nothing good! all about who u are and know.

Not a fan of the mica range, that guy is a tool at best, good friend of mine was a member there and father was the president of the rifle club..not a good guy.

Offline dscubame

• Sourdough
  • 2013 Idaho Elk Hunt
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 08:47:32 AM »
haha prestigious school.. its a joke what goes on there! I know a retired marine vet, federal court interpreter, he took a job there with the foreign languages program... he told me the storys that went on there.. nothing good! all about who u are and know.

Not a fan of the mica range, that guy is a tool at best, good friend of mine was a member there and father was the president of the rifle club..not a good guy.

Your funny.  No memberships at the mica range it is in a field and no president either it is owned by Joel a farmer.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 08:54:59 AM by dscubame »

Eyes in the Woods.   ' '

Offline dscubame

• Sourdough
  • 2013 Idaho Elk Hunt
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2011, 09:56:09 AM »
Here is a persons blog I found online....And this is a daily occurrence.  This range is extremely unique and one of a kind.

"The Range Master at Mica seems to be a little volatile. I went there last week for the first time. It's not to bad if you want to shoot long distance but anything less than 100 yds. doesn't seem safe. The range master does little to control what shooters are doing. He asked me if I was going to shoot? He said gimme $5 and go ahead. I was lining up on a 400 yd target when 4 or 5 other shooters arrived. I continued getting organized and sighting my target when suddenly to my left I became aware of people walking out to the targets. No warning no announcements, just people going down range.

Then I couldn't locate the 1/2 mile Bear Target, it was in plain sight, a blind man could have spotted it but not me, not on that day. I made the mistake of asking the range master where the bear was located. He became instantly angry that I hadn't found it and started shouting. I left feeling like the moronic blind man that I obviously am. I don,t blame the man for letting me know that he thinks I am stupid. I fired a few rounds at the bear. The shooters all agreed to a break to check targets and they started forward. No input from the range master. I packed my stuff and left, (licking my wounds) before i could do anything else moronic. I talked to a few friends about my embarrassing idiocy and they all said they had heard from others about his attitude and there concerns of safety. They also agreed that I must be a blind idiot. Please forgive me Mr. Range Master."

The county and the local residence have been trying to shut it down for over 10 years now and Joel keeps it going.  A very eccentric individual to say the least.

Eyes in the Woods.   ' '

Offline 724wd

• Sourdough
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2011, 09:00:42 PM »
for pistol shooting, sharpshooting is where you want to go.

Offline hookr88

• Scout
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2011, 09:42:25 PM »
Sharpshooters it was. Good time and  nice folks there. I heard it was a good game last night, I wish we went. Huntnnw whatever makes you feel good about yourself. We are very impressed with the school and our daughter is very happy there. Unlike you I speak from personal experience.

Quick Links

* Random Photo New

IMG 1631

Views: 73
Posted by: robodad
in: Allen

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal