collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: topo map books?  (Read 2064 times)

Offline bankwalker

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
topo map books?
« on: May 15, 2008, 04:53:43 PM »
how many of you guys use topo maps when hunting? i got a a topo book of washington and have every unit in washington mapped out. along with all deer, elk, goat, and sheep areas also mapped. every little area i regularly see animals is marked with a different color for a certain time of year.

then i have another one mapped of the certain areas i hunt that i take with me while hunting. with the same notes just not as obvious as to what each mark means. i dont want people getting into the truck and getting my detail booked with all my notes telling exactly what each mark means. i worked hard to get that info and it keeps getting more and more every year.

well its only a year old. but its the best thing i think i have done. now i know where i am at all times while hunting, i know which ridge or draw i seen that big mulie now. no need to guess.

so any of you guys have detailed maps of your hunting areas? or gps units setup like that?

Offline alecvg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: topo map books?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 05:03:49 PM »
i have detailed maps of my area, im not to worried about someone finding out all the stuff.  I wouldnt worry about it.
I would rather be a conservative nut job, than a liberal with no nuts, and no job!

Offline Snowman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • If only it was easy, than it wouldn't be a journey
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 05:17:40 PM »
Yep, do the same thing. But now I come home and mark everything on maps on the computer. I do carry maps with me hunting, but I mark everything on my gps. It's good to have map books, I have two different ones. A landscape and topo. Found one map book may show more roads and trails than the other one. Yeah not worried about people breaking in my for the maps, hell they could read my writing if they try. Barely can read it myself. :chuckle:
Hunting and Fishing is not what I do. But who I am...

Offline bankwalker

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 06:19:46 PM »
lol yeah i just hunt a few places where no one ever hunts and see alot of animals. and have trails and all that good stuff mapped out. and i just dont want to end up having 100 of my closest buddies hunting along side me.

so i just keep that book at home.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw