collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: I want to Film Your hunt!!!  (Read 17596 times)

Offline PolarBear

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Explorer
Re: I need Hunters For My Hunting Video!!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2011, 10:51:46 AM »
What quality of bull are you looking for?

Offline ribka

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • That's what she said
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2011, 10:53:51 AM »
Advertsing your business on here I think is restricted to paying sponsors. :twocents:  The guy is in business to sell his calls and mentions this.
I think bearmaniac sells and advertises his calls on here and is a sponsor. :dunno: :dunno:

Personally I cannot imagine dragging other guys with me when I am archery hunting elk and deer. I have a diffcult enough time getting close for a shot by myself when bow hunting but I am not a world champion. But for some hunting now is all about the ego

To me, and I am expressing my opinion as this is a hunting forum, I think hunting is becoming too commercialized with the hype, and yelling after shots, silly catch phrases, the  I am a "champion this"  and  "pro that", product endorsement after every kill etc, ect.  These guys look like Nascar drivers now hunting with all of the endorsements they are wearing. I will admit though I owe all of my hunting successes to my cough silencer, bone collector mouth wash and shampoo,  butt out tool, deer cocaine, uv blocker  and scent lok clothing  :)

Offline PolarBear

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Explorer
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2011, 11:11:54 AM »
Hell, I hate hunting on sunny days becuse my shaddow takes up too much room and looks like another person!  How the hell does anyone hunt with 8 guys behind him unless you are hunting ranch or fed criiters?  :dunno:  Maybe they can come out and fim me as I arrow a my pet 5x6 in my pasture this fall.  They can set up behind my tractor and call from there.  :rolleyes:

Offline fish-on37

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Hunter
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2011, 11:12:48 AM »
Hey Everyone!!! I need Hunters for this upcoming season!!!...My name is Dustin Howard, I have a production company called Battling bulls productions...I am a World championship elk caller..I took 3rd in the Mens division in the World Championships this year in Reno and am going pro next year!!! My passion is Hunting and calling!!..I Started this production company up because every year we shoot Rosie's in WA and OR and i wanna film it!!!I have a crew of 8 guys..3 of which are world championship elk callers and all being fantastic hunters!!..I am looking for People in Washington who have a lot of points and are trying to draw coveted tags or have great hunting spots..I already have 6 sponsors for our videos and I have over 250 shops waiting for our videos to come out!!! If anyone draws any good tags i would love to film or call for you!!! Reply back if you are interested...This is a opportunity you don't wanna miss out on!!!...

Ok RIBKA, in this post, please point out where he is trying to sell you something. I dont have a problem with you or anyone expressing their opionion, but twice you said he is trying to sell you something. If the admins have a problem with what he is doing then they will address the posts in a way they see fit.

Offline STIKNSTRINGBOW

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
    • https://www.facebook.com/stiknstring.bow
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2011, 11:14:34 AM »
Wow, someone comes on here and offers to something great and all you guys do is flip him *censored* and question his calling abilities.  :con:
I was just curious, as a newcomer to the site, we do not know anything about him.
I did not question his abilities, just curious to see pictures of Elk, I questioned real elks abilities to sound as good as "champion" callers.....
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 12:20:13 PM by STIKNSTRINGBOW »
The mountains are calling and I must go."
- John Muir
"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order."
- John Burroughs
NASP Certified Basic Archery Instructor
NASP Certified Basic Archery Instructor Trainer

Offline Jason

• Frontiersman
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2011, 11:29:01 AM »
Hey Everyone!!! I need Hunters for this upcoming season!!!...My name is Dustin Howard, I have a production company called Battling bulls productions...I am a World championship elk caller..I took 3rd in the Mens division in the World Championships this year in Reno and am going pro next year!!! My passion is Hunting and calling!!..I Started this production company up because every year we shoot Rosie's in WA and OR and i wanna film it!!!I have a crew of 8 guys..3 of which are world championship elk callers and all being fantastic hunters!!..I am looking for People in Washington who have a lot of points and are trying to draw coveted tags or have great hunting spots..I already have 6 sponsors for our videos and I have over 250 shops waiting for our videos to come out!!! If anyone draws any good tags i would love to film or call for you!!! Reply back if you are interested...This is a opportunity you don't wanna miss out on!!!...

Ok RIBKA, in this post, please point out where he is trying to sell you something. I dont have a problem with you or anyone expressing their opionion, but twice you said he is trying to sell you something. If the admins have a problem with what he is doing then they will address the posts in a way they see fit.
:yeah:

Offline ribka

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • That's what she said
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2011, 11:42:46 AM »

Not trying to offend anyone  but I think he is doing this because he is in the business of selling videos. He  mentioned his business name in his post. I think there are other paying  sponsors on here that sell videos and film hunts. I wish him success in his business as it is a tough market to make money. Anyway you're right up to the mods.  

And when someone with no history comes on here proclaiming world champion status and requesting access to your hunting spots just a bit skeptical. Of course I am sure if you took him to one of your secret spots he would never go there with someone else to film a hunt.  If he films you is he going to share video sales profits from your hunt? Does one have to sign a release form? If someone has 15 points and they go film your hunt and spook your bull during set up and that is your one shot during the season what would you do? I see he has no filming hunt experience and is a novice videographer.

Not trying to be a dick but maybe a few just some basic questions I think should be addressed   :)

Offline STIKNSTRINGBOW

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
    • https://www.facebook.com/stiknstring.bow
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2011, 12:25:16 PM »
What also makes me wonder,
 if he and his friends " every year we shoot Rosie's in WA and OR " why is he looking for "People in Washington who have a lot of points and are trying to draw coveted tags or have great hunting spots" ?
Why not just film his own hunts ?
It is just curiosity, attempting to get to know about new member,..........  :dunno:
The mountains are calling and I must go."
- John Muir
"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order."
- John Burroughs
NASP Certified Basic Archery Instructor
NASP Certified Basic Archery Instructor Trainer

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2011, 12:42:52 PM »
I'm curiously watching.   I don't find any of the posts asking questions as flipping him crap or being disrespectful.  All pretty good questions.   
I for one wouldn't be dragging a film crew of 8 around with me if I was seriously looking for a bull, especially with a coveted tag.  But that is just me.  I kinda wonder how that works for reals.  I have a hard enough time being silent, being on the right side of the wind by myself.

Offline zackmioli

• Sourdough
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2011, 01:36:38 PM »
I'm curiously watching.   I don't find any of the posts asking questions as flipping him crap or being disrespectful.  All pretty good questions.   
I for one wouldn't be dragging a film crew of 8 around with me if I was seriously looking for a bull, especially with a coveted tag.  But that is just me.  I kinda wonder how that works for reals.  I have a hard enough time being silent, being on the right side of the wind by myself.
exactly what i was thinking.

Online Alan K

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
  • University of Idaho Alumni
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2011, 02:32:02 PM »
I don't see where he said he has a FILM crew of 8 going on every hunt.  Read what he said. . . When he says he has a crew of 8, I take that as the hunting party that takes part in the films, not necessarily all being there at once.

Think of the Angry Spike guys.  Theres like 6 or 7 of them in that 'crew', not every one of them is right there putting the stalk on every animal. . . .

I'm sure these guys film their hunts like every other elk hunt that gets filmed.  Hunter up front, camera man a bit back from him, and a caller behind them.  3 guys, including the shooter.

And yeah the guy says they hunt roosevelts in Washington and Oregon.  They are almost certainly hunting general units most years in both states, the way I see it, they just want to get some draw tags with bigger bulls than your rag horns in general units on film . . .

I swear guys just decide they don't like something and start seeing red.  Read what the guy said, understand it, and then comment.

EDIT: And I can see why you guys rip the guy, because he does come across as a bit of a blowhard talking about world champion this and that but still. . . I don't think he's bragging, he's just trying to show his competence.  It does give him more credibility than some joe blow coming on here and saying he can call in an elk for you.

Offline boonerboy

• Longhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2011, 02:36:14 PM »
I think that a little more info would be helpful. Maybe a few posts from previous succesfull hunts? How long have you been hunting washington? Do you plan on having all 8 guys on one hunt? I think it is a great offer for the right guy, just not me. I didnt get the impression that all he is doing is trying to get free advertising. To me it just sounds like he is trying to get some quality footage for his upcoming video. I also don't think he was tooting his own horn saying he is a champion caller, maybe just trying to sound a little more credible than Joe Blow out there slobbering on a bugle. Good luck on the video, I would love to see a Washington elk vid. Welcome to the site.....if you come back.  :twocents:

Offline boonerboy

• Longhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2011, 02:38:53 PM »
hey Alan K, great minds think alike, eh?  :chuckle:

Online Alan K

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
  • University of Idaho Alumni
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2011, 02:40:54 PM »
Haha yeah that's what I was thinking.  :chuckle:

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2011, 02:42:24 PM »
I also don't see a film crew of one following me either. :chuckle:   

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]