collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WWOOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOOOOO  (Read 21463 times)

Offline Ray

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1475043431
    • Hunting-Washington
Re: WWOOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOOOOO
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2007, 05:20:04 PM »
I would post some of the language, but Huntwa would have to ban me from the site.

*censored* that! If I banned you then I wouldn't have any cool pictures to look at  ;)

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2007, 05:41:51 PM »

Thanks!

Offline Ironhead

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2007, 06:11:49 PM »
Congrats Bone, go down there and enjoy yourself.we will be expecting an exceptional photo display on your return- and a hawg bull.
"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is, that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2007, 07:20:15 PM »
I'm getting closer to figuring out exactly what I got.  I was at work for 16 hours today and the internet for NM is directed only to the results for the next 5 days.  I've been dieing.  I finally posted on MM and this is what I got

Boneaddict. You are one lucky dog and you don't even know how lucky you are. 16D third hunt. It is short but probably in the best unit in the state at the best time of the year. Congrats though I'm not sure that someone who doesn't remember that hunt deserves it.   :)

Offline Michelle_Nelson

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Old Salt
  • Bring on the Bears!
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2007, 07:27:29 PM »
 ;D Make sure you pack plenty of salt, a sharp knife and a few blades.  :P

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2007, 06:39:32 AM »
I will indeed Michelle.

I found out some more information.  Its September 19-24, so a pretty short hunt.  40 permits and it is in the best unit in the state.  <1% draw odds, so I guess I did still have a little luck left, though it didn't feel like it until now.  It is archery, so I need to get out the sharp sticks and start practicing a little more.  Time to put away the moose grunt and time to pick up the bugle.

Offline WDFW-SUX

• Old Salt
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2007, 07:22:42 AM »
man thats a short hunt for all that distance good luck.  Must be some brutes in that unit.
THE WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND WILDLIFE SUCKS MORE THAN EVER..........

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2007, 07:33:09 AM »
hey, it's short and sweet, maybe that will reduce the amount of trouble the boss gives you about going...

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2007, 08:21:31 AM »
Must be some brutes in that unit

You could say that. 

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2007, 08:53:22 AM »
so riddle me this because i'v always wondered...do you go down there before hand and scout and figure out a place to hunt or do you just figure out some places to hunt via maps, internet, MM, talking to people, etc and show up and hunt. i really don't want to sound like a dummy here, but i've never hunted out of state or put in for out of state and always wondered how normal joe people have the time/$$$/permission to do this, especially as far away as new mexico. will you drive down there or fly?
forgive the 20 questions, just trying to figure this all out if the opportunity ever arises for me.

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline WDFW-SUX

• Old Salt
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2007, 08:59:01 AM »
I'm going to Colorado for a little elk action this year I figured that I would fly on my free airline miles and rent a 4WD truck for 9 days total cost is about 240.00 bucks. I am not going before hand as that gets real expensive.  Lots of good people out there willing to help out on the web I have been checking around and people are good. Don't know about Tags like the bone's though if the locals resent out of state hunters or what.  My tag  is OTC so people don't care.
THE WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND WILDLIFE SUCKS MORE THAN EVER..........

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2007, 09:15:29 AM »
Mostly, as I haven't done this alot, I do alot of research in regards to maps.  I have spent a ton of time in the outdoors and know animals fairly well.  I'm not trying to be conceeded at all I promise.  I try to find the areas I am going to target.  I try to get there about 3 days in advance as to get a camp, check out access, confirm what I have seen on maps.  It always looks different I promise.  I then take any advice I have summed up.  I honestly don't get much because I hate asking.  I actually asked on MM this time.  I tend to help people much more than I am helped just because I HATE asking.  When I went to Alaksa, I had the help of a friend I met on MM.  I helped him with some deer knowledge and he helped me a bit with moose.  He got me headed in the right direction, and the rest just fell into place.  If you are not a well versed individual in the outdoors, or have the species "mastered", I would suggest an outfitter.  I have never used one as I never could afford it BUT....its a waste of time and money and luck if you are not prepared.  Moose or elk I am very confident in, so hoping to compensate for the fact I have no clue where I am going. I've never been much into scouting too much beforehand other than learning an area for the mere fact that it often pushes the animals out, or some *censored* screws it up and ruins everything.  Case in point, I had 15 bulls located for my Dad on Washingtons opener.  Two *censored*es decided to scout the area after I watched it from afar, and pushed all of the elk elswhere.  They then showed up an hour before light and tried to footrace us to the spot, blowing through some other animals.  Needless to say all the plans were altered.  This is the first year that I really went gung hoe on applying everywhere for every species.  It pretty much matched your cartoon.  I call alot of elk and have them pert near pissing on me, so if I can find them  and the weather cooperates in those 5 days, I should be able to get one close enough to anchor.  Now I just need to get my fat ass out there running and in shape, and start shooting those sharp sticks.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2007, 09:30:50 AM »
you gonna do it with your sapphire bow?

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2007, 09:40:18 AM »
I think so.  I'm going to try practicing with both, and will take both, one as a back-up, but I would really like to do it with the sapphire.  I think I'll stick with the magnus broadheads that I used with my moose, instead of switching to my homemade arrows this summer or flintknapped ones.  By the way, thanks for that link.  I haven't been able to check it out, but looks like it could be cool.  Next step is to start buying maps.  Dude, you should see my map collection.  I've got a friend (Fletch) that had his all over his office wall when I went to visit him, and he stared at them every day probably.   With all of todays technology and google earth and terra server, they are a godsend.  If it weren't for them, the Alaskan hunt would have been much harder.  Compliments to my Dad on that for helping me put that together.  This unit is very rugged, so I will try to backpack in somewhere to get away from some of the hunting pressure from the previous two weeks.  Hopefully my rig will be safe.  I will have a 50 pound bag of salt in back in a sealed bucket for the cape when I get out. 

Offline Ridgerunner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2007, 10:22:08 AM »
I'd go a couple of days early and scout, if I drew down there I was going to fly and rent a truck but perhaps driving might be better for you. 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]