collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: I HAVE AN OPEN FISHING SEAT  (Read 169398 times)

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
I HAVE AN OPEN FISHING SEAT
« on: April 11, 2011, 12:43:22 AM »
Hello fellow members!

I wanted to offer an idea that could bring members together and provide some great opportunities for members to meet each other. After putting some thought into it, the idea that came to mind is this new thread.

I HAVE AN OPEN FISHING SEAT: 
If you are going to have an open seat on your boat or would like someone to ride with you for a fishing trip you could ask other members if they would like to go fishing with you. Post the details of your trip in this thread.

Here is a list of useful details. Date of the trip/fish you are after/area that you will fishing -launching /gear needed “note if you have extra gear for people to use if they don’t”. This can also apply for trips to go bank fishing, etc. Just post the info and note how you plan to fish.

FYI - This thread is not for guides or anyone trying to make money by taking another person fishing. But there is nothing wrong with asking someone to share the costs of gas/bait/etc. To go fishing. You will need to talk about this with the person you are going fishing with. I would suggest you use your own discretion regarding who you choose to meet, but this could be a great way to meet new members and have some fun fishing! I also suggest that if anyone approaches you asking you to pay for a fishing trip, please report it. Good luck if you go fishing.

Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline LittleJohn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: I HAVE AN OPEN FISHING SEAT
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 12:48:30 AM »
great idea!! I go fishing during the middle of the week allot and am by myself from time to time . It would be fun to meet some new people and shot the breeze :) :)

Offline DeerHarvester

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 01:29:26 AM »
I have seen this on other forums, seem to work well.  I often have an open seat or two on my boat.  I will post details if Im looking for someone to go with. 
Will hunt for food.

Offline bass2elk

• Tracker
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 07:39:37 AM »
Sounds good to me as i dont know anybody around the spokane area with the exception of the people i have chatted with in this forum.  I usually have the back deck open.  I will post next time i go out.

Offline pjb3

• Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 05:48:40 PM »
I am ALWAYS out fishing/crabbing/shrimping so if anyone wants to go, just let me know
I keep my boat in La Conner and fish around Whidbey and San Juans

Offline fishermanjoe

• Longhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 06:37:42 PM »
Well it might be last min but i am going out to Lenice for some fly fishing, there is an open seat in my truck if anybody wants to go!

I have an extra rod if you need one. We are using float tubes, you will need to bring your own if you have one, or you can fish from the sand bar if you dont have one. (tubes/pontoons are much nicer than bank fishing)

You will need your own bugs. I am leaving this wed at noon from the Evening Hatch Fly Shop here in Ellensburg. This is no guided trip, its a fun fish.

If the winds are to ridiculous at Crab Creek we will hit the local lakes.

PM me if you want to go. I will be on the computer from 7:00am till 11:30am!

Offline RemingtonMike

• Tracker
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 06:49:51 PM »
I am ALWAYS out fishing/crabbing/shrimping so if anyone wants to go, just let me know

I live in Sequim about 30 min from Whidbey Island, I'm only 15 so you might consider me to young but it would be sweet if someday I could get out fishing with you I've always wanted to fish the sound so far I've only got Steelhead, kokanee and ALOT of trout fishing in.

Offline uncoolperson

• Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 06:56:06 PM »
no boat, but I'm always looking for someone to join me on hike in fishing trips. (almost every weekend once the snow disappears and this school thing gets done for the year)

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 07:19:59 PM »
 :tup: Way to use this guys! Keep it up.
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline BigD

• Scout
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 02:33:53 AM »
Good idea Carp.

Offline shoot-em-dead

• non-yar
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2011, 06:20:49 AM »
great idea Carp- I had the opprotunity last year to get out with Fishcrazy. I met him and the mighty Rasbo in Kalama for a day of sturgeon fishing. We had a great time and got to know a little about one another.

This closet is taken- go find your own

Offline rasbo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Legend
  • In God I trust...Try taking that away from me!
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2011, 08:08:50 AM »
Kris  is a blast to  fish with and very knowledgeable about what he does,he does have a concern about axe wielding internet people :hello:

Offline gotshot

• Longhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2011, 08:27:45 AM »
Don't have a boat yet, but as soon as this kitchen remodel is done that is the next thing on the list. A man can't go his whole life without once owning a real boat. When I get one I will need some compaany.
IBEW 76 JW

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2011, 09:14:57 AM »
Yeah like that ...we all need to become friends and start sticking together like glue so we can defend our constitional rights  !!   :yeah:

Offline pjb3

• Sourdough
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2011, 09:37:32 AM »

I live in Sequim about 30 min from Whidbey Island, I'm only 15 so you might consider me to young but it would be sweet if someday I could get out fishing with you I've always wanted to fish the sound so far I've only got Steelhead, kokanee and ALOT of trout fishing in.

U area actually pretty far from where I head out of but if you can get there, I can take you. No problem on being young. I used to be a young one myself 8)

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal