collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: I GOT MOOSE TAG FOR 49 DEGREES - ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT - THANKS,  (Read 17263 times)

Offline goosegetter79

• YAR Member
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: I GOT MOOSE TAG FOR 49 DEGREES - ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT - THANKS,
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2011, 09:58:15 PM »
PLEASE CONTACT ME WITH ANY INFO OR HELP.
THANKS,
First post from MOOSEHUNTER41, I count 15 pages on my computer and he has not posted since????? Whats up w/that?

He got all his info he wanted. He was on every day up until a couple days ago.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" -Edmund Burke

Offline PA BEN

• LINEMAN
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2011, 05:52:22 AM »
He still shows 1 post. :dunno:

Offline ICEMAN

• Site Sponsor
  • Explorer
  • The opinionated one... Y.A.R. Exec. Staff
« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2011, 06:15:13 AM »
Sounds like justification to ban the guy to me...  :chuckle:
molṑn labé

A Knuckle Draggin Neanderthal Meat Head

Kill your television....do it now.....

Don't make me hurt you.

“I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.”  John Wayne

Offline goosegetter79

• YAR Member
  • Sourdough
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2011, 07:32:08 AM »
He still shows 1 post. :dunno:

I was looking at his profile to see if he was even coming back on and everyday til the 23rd he had been logging on to check things but never typed anything back.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" -Edmund Burke

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2011, 07:38:14 AM »
THANKS,

REALLY?

Yes, it doesn't sound like he's joking.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline elkinrutdrivemenuts

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2011, 11:09:19 AM »
Jeeze, what a punk?  How could you not log on everyday and chat about hunting?! Especially with that tag!?

Offline Bean Counter

• Site Sponsor
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2011, 11:33:34 AM »
Exactly the reason why some of us take the position we do with these requests at the beginning... and not whoring out information for free and then getting butt hurt (again) when someone doesn't stick around.  :bash:

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2011, 11:39:02 AM »
Exactly the reason why some of us take the position we do with these requests at the beginning... and not whoring out information for free and then getting butt hurt (again) when someone doesn't stick around.  :bash:

I guess I understand your point to some degree, but why bust some newbies balls over it instead of just ignoring his post? Chances are, he Googled and found our site that way and figured we'd be a good resource for information. At first glance, there isn't a whole lot to indicate to the contrary. There nothing that says "Don't come to our site unless you contribute 500 posts before you ask for advice".

There's a chance he could become a long time poster and have plenty to contribute himself, like other newbies (me included). I thought the point here was to get as many hunters involved as possible in a forum that ends up giving and getting information from everyone. Just my  :twocents:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Deer slayer

• Longhunter
« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2011, 11:46:02 AM »

I guess I understand your point to some degree, but why bust some newbies balls over it instead of just ignoring his post? Chances are, he Googled and found our site that way and figured we'd be a good resource for information. At first glance, there isn't a whole lot to indicate to the contrary. There nothing that says "Don't come to our site unless you contribute 500 posts before you ask for advice".

There's a chance he could become a long time poster and have plenty to contribute himself, like other newbies (me included). I thought the point here was to get as many hunters involved as possible in a forum that ends up giving and getting information from everyone. Just my  :twocents:
Well said.  He might have got scared off or maybe he is just an a$$.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2011, 11:47:27 AM »

Well said.  He might have got scared off or maybe he is just an a$$.

Yep, could be either.

Offline BLKBEARKLR

• Frontiersman
  • Taxidermist
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2011, 12:14:32 PM »
the only thing I don't get is he was active this morning at 8:20 am, come in and defend yourself at least. Or keep reading the posts and not getting any information from them  :dunno:

Whatever route you choose, good luck to you out there moose hunting.

Joe
22 years 3 months and 4 days, happily retired from the U.S Army.

Offline Deer slayer

• Longhunter
« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2011, 12:27:43 PM »
Makes you wonder if he is just reading other moose topics and learning off of them. I would be a little intimidated to post anything at this point.

Offline dscubame

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • 2013 Idaho Elk Hunt
« Reply #87 on: June 27, 2011, 12:33:38 PM »
THANKS,

Lets revisit the quality post that started this thread above.

I do not feel bad at all about any responses to a post like that....I do not care how many posts you have under your belt when you post a message such as that one.  I will draw a quality bull tag (or any one with 1,000's of posts) and post the exact same message and lets see how well that goes over.
It's a TIKKA thing..., you may not understand.

Eyes in the Woods.   ' '

Offline Bean Counter

• Site Sponsor
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #88 on: June 27, 2011, 01:06:18 PM »
Quote from: pianoman9701 link=topic=78045.msg970522#msg970522

And I see your point, and its a good one at that. Thisis why I have suggested (a few times) that upon signing up that newcomers should be greeted with a screen introducing them to a little H-W netiquette before they can log on with that infamous "I maek furst poast."

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #89 on: June 27, 2011, 02:26:49 PM »
Quote from: pianoman9701 link=topic=78045.msg970522#msg970522

And I see your point, and its a good one at that. Thisis why I have suggested (a few times) that upon signing up that newcomers should be greeted with a screen introducing them to a little H-W netiquette before they can log on with that infamous "I maek furst poast."

That sounds like a good idea.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal