collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Bumping unit outfitter?  (Read 16063 times)

Offline bowhuntin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Bumping unit outfitter?
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2008, 07:37:09 PM »
I'm a long-time friend of Jerry and Robin at Rugged Class.  Very experienced and great guys.  Send me a PM and we can talk more in detail.  I grew up hunting the whole Bumping/Bethel Ridge area as well.

I agree with you they are some fantastic folks to hunt with and just hang out with, Robin is now the owner of Squaw Rock Resort now from what I gather and is really cleaning up the place !!

Good folks !!

Squaw Rock has done a one eighty, that place is packed every weekend. I thought that place was going to go out of business when those indians owned it. Its nice that they added a deer and elk cooler too.

Offline SuperDave

• Longhunter
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2008, 08:47:48 AM »
Have hunted and been with Robin and Jerry a few times and they are great down to earth guys!  They both know there stuff when it comes to calling elk!  Haven't been over to see squaw rock yet, but have heard he has fixed it up pretty nice.  The cooler will be a great addition, there has always been one there, just think it went un noticed.  Have they put in a new one?  Hopefully I'll be back over there come October 1st!!!!   :chuckle:

Offline bow4elk

• Pacific Northwest Bowhunting
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
  • Contact me at: tom@pnwbowhunting.com
    • https://www.facebook.com/pacific.northwest.bowhunting/
    • Pacific Northwest Bowhunting
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2008, 09:26:49 AM »
Yes, Robin is the owner and he has poured a lot of cash, heart, and soul into making it a top notch outfit, and very comfortable.  I have not been over to see him lately, but knowing Robin it's will be very nice.  He spares no expense when it comes to doing things right.

Those guys work their tails off for their clients.  I've known them many years and shared a number of personal hunts with them long before they started guiding permit holders.  Back then, they had nothing to gain but enjoyment of the hunt.  That has not changed, and they bring that passion to their clients in hopes to get them an opportunity at the bull of a lifetime.
Official Measurer: Pope and Young Club, NW Big Game Inc., National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association, Oregon Shed Hunters
First Hunt Foundation mentor
Washington State R3 Coordinator

Pacific Northwest Bowhunting http://www.pnwbowhunting.com

Offline robodad

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
    • frog4life !!
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2008, 09:52:20 AM »
Yeah Squaw rock has changed drastically (for the better) and Wally does an excellent job in the kitchen, (great food) Bring them over some smoked steelhead or halibut steaks they love that !! Stayed at Squaw Rock a couple times and it is a great place and very friendly folks !!
The essense of freedom is the proper limitation of government !!!

Offline bowhuntin

• Sourdough
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2008, 03:43:25 PM »
Yeah Squaw rock has changed drastically (for the better) and Wally does an excellent job in the kitchen, (great food) Bring them over some smoked steelhead or halibut steaks they love that !! Stayed at Squaw Rock a couple times and it is a great place and very friendly folks !!

I agree, place looks 100 percent better than it used to. I go down there to eat breakfast every once in a while when I am up at the family cabin. Gold Creek also has some really good food at least for dinner, never eaten breakfast there.

Offline DeKuma

• Sourdough
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2008, 03:52:57 PM »
Last time I was at Squaw Rock was going on 30 something years ago!

My brother had gotten lost on the Greenwater side of the mountains (Government Meadows).  He wound up on a logging road on the Bumping side and it was getting dark.  He was about 16 or so.  He found a logging camp belonging to the owner of Seattle Slew, the race horse.  He "borrowed" a water truck that had the keys under the visor and drove it out of there.  When he got to the highway, he asked for directions back to Enumlcla, and they told him to go left instead of right.  He drove down the road for a bit when the driveline fell out.  He walked back to Squaw Rock and called the police to tell them that his dad and brother were lost. :chuckle:
The family that owned the place back them took him in and he stayed there while dad and I drove all the way around in the middle of a blizzard.  The family let us stay the night with them and in the morning, they had errands to run, so they just left us, total strangers, in their home alone.  It was amazing the generousity of these people.  We cleaned there house for them and left them some money for groceries that we may have eaten.
We sent cards on holidays for years to each other, then they just disappeared.
- Scott

Offline Rick

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2008, 01:12:18 PM »
We stay at Squaw Rock 2-3 times per Summer. We actually just got back last night from 4 days there. The resort was full,with the majority of the campers pulling Jeeps.

Had dinner at the restaraunt on Thursday Night,they make a good pizza. :drool:

The West end of the resort is looking good,but the East end still needs some work. There are a bunch of broken down hoopties that have been there awhile. The ratty old mobile homes could use a facelift as well.

Overall,the resort is on the right track.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]