collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Toutle tag holders  (Read 27158 times)

Offline Deer slayer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Toutle tag holders
« on: June 27, 2011, 12:34:34 PM »
I think we should start a new topic to keep it straight on who has what for toutle tags. This way maybe we can combine it into one instead of all these topics. I have a toutle rifle that I drew with three other guys. Four tags all together. I am still willing to help others out on pointers in the unit.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
Re: Toutle tag holders
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 01:50:12 PM »
I drew the Toutle ML cow tag with my wife.  Normally I bow hunt and she goes muzzleloading, but this year I am going to Montana in September for deer and elk.  The Toutle should be a great hunt.  My father in law drew the archery bull tag last year and said there were tons of cows and small bulls, he settled  for a satellite 5 point that I thought was pretty nice.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Deer slayer

• Longhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 01:59:44 PM »
Did you get to go with him to learn your way around the unit a little?  Cow tags should be golden. Good luck.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 02:50:36 PM by Deer slayer »

Offline Crunchy

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 02:26:31 PM »
I drew archery bull, me and my hunting partner.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 02:46:40 PM »
Get you get to go with him to learn your way around the unit a little?  Cow tags should be golden. Good luck.
I used to hunt the archery season in what is now Lewis River at the boarder, it was a small GMU called something else at the time, Lewis River incorporated it a few years back.  The darn elk on the toutle side would come to the road but wouldn't cross it.  It was a 3 mile walk down to the road so 3 mile hike straight up will be a pain if we have to do it.  Hopefully the gates on the other side will be open and we can drive in a ways.  My mother in law and her husband are in the advanced hunter program and may be volunteering to man the gates during the season if that is an option. 

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline bearmanric

• RIP Colockumelk
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
  • Tenino Wa
    • Rick Robbins  rrcalls
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 02:51:17 PM »
Quality elk rifle toutle. 5-15 nov. cant wait. trying to find a Weyerhouser map. Rick
RIP Colockumelk
Facebook rrcalls no website.

Offline buckhorn2

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 02:53:45 PM »
they have maps at the toutle store.

Offline Deer slayer

• Longhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 02:55:10 PM »
Get you get to go with him to learn your way around the unit a little?  Cow tags should be golden. Good luck.
I used to hunt the archery season in what is now Lewis River at the boarder, it was a small GMU called something else at the time, Lewis River incorporated it a few years back.  The darn elk on the toutle side would come to the road but wouldn't cross it.  It was a 3 mile walk down to the road so 3 mile hike straight up will be a pain if we have to do it.  Hopefully the gates on the other side will be open and we can drive in a ways.  My mother in law and her husband are in the advanced hunter program and may be volunteering to man the gates during the season if that is an option.
You must be talking about the Marble up the 7400 to the 5500.  We use to be able to drive up to the 5500 and we would hike in an old spur in the Marble.  There were a couple guys I met up there in the later 90's that were pretty cool.  We killed a few elk up that way.  That is another area I will be looking at.

Offline bearmanric

• RIP Colockumelk
  • Business Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
  • Tenino Wa
    • Rick Robbins  rrcalls
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 02:58:13 PM »
i have two wanting one for better road system. will be camping  with family at silver lake. on the 8th july. going to scout. i  will stop at the store then. Rick ;)
RIP Colockumelk

Offline Deer slayer

• Longhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 02:58:38 PM »
I have an older St Helens Tree Farm map for Weyerhaeuser.  It must be older because I bought it for $3.99.  If your around Longview you might also check Bob's.  Maybe be able to call the Toutle Store or Bob's and buy it over the phone.  I will be going through Longview next weekend and can stop and look and mail one to you Rick.

Offline Deer slayer

• Longhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 03:02:48 PM »
Quality elk rifle toutle. 5-15 nov. cant wait. trying to find a Weyerhouser map. Rick
I wonder if someone could call Weyerhaeuser directly and get it from them.  I have an old number I found for their communication center.  360-425-2150.  No idea if this is still good.  If so it will be a good number to keep on you just in case there is an emergency and need something.

Offline Coweemanslayer

• Pilgrim
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 03:20:44 PM »
Quality Elk Rifle Toutle Bull. My dad, brother and I drew the tag as a group hunt. I hunted there one other time back in 2005ish and there was a lot of elk in there. My brother drew the tag in 2008 and said he had never seen so many nice bulls.

Offline Deer slayer

• Longhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 03:30:46 PM »
What was killed in 2005 and 2008.  I killed a brush rack 5 in 1995 and the guy that drew with me shot a 3x4 that was standing next to my 5 point.  My dad killed a nice even 5 in 1996.  I took a friend who drew with me this year in 2004 and he killed a brush rack 3x4.  There are some bulls in there.  There is some brush in there too. 

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, 03:32:23 PM »
You must be talking about the Marble up the 7400 to the 5500.  We use to be able to drive up to the 5500 and we would hike in an old spur in the Marble.  There were a couple guys I met up there in the later 90's that were pretty cool.  We killed a few elk up that way.  That is another area I will be looking at.
Yep that was it, Marble, I kept wanting to say Margaret.  We were up at the top in the late 90s, my father in law is the one that shot the the big cougar with his bow.   That is all we got that year but did well on elk the rest of the time.  Nate had a big camp at the end of the road we were just before him with a camper and a wall tent.

Offline bearmanric

• RIP Colockumelk
  • Business Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
  • Tenino Wa
    • Rick Robbins  rrcalls
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2011, 03:40:14 PM »
the two maps i have so far. Rick
RIP Colockumelk