collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Toutle tag holders  (Read 27154 times)

Offline kalamasasquatch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Re: Toutle tag holders
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2011, 10:24:06 PM »
I-5 to castle rock exit 49 east about 10-12 miles turn right on south toutle road across road from drews grocery. 6-7 miles up south toutle road turn right onto the 4100 it will be at the big fields after the long staright stetch. the 4200 is on the left about 3- miles down the 4100. the road is gated at the old steelhead boundry bridge crossing the south fork about 12 miles up the 4100 from the begining of the road. the left side of the road from the 4200 all the way up is toutle. right side is coweeman until you get to the 4950 which is right across the deadline/gated bridge. if you have any other questions PM me. the new weyco maps show roads well but dont do crap for terrian. i like the older weyco maps they numbered even the spur roads. the new maps only show road numbers for main lines.

Offline MADMAX

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
  • I like big bucks and I can not lie
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2011, 05:57:41 AM »
I drew Toutle Quality bull archery
I have recieved some good info from guys on here and that has been much appreciated.
Now a couple more trips down to decide if I go in from the north or southside.
Thanks again to all
I'll be camped either at Kid valley or Cougar RV parks depending on my access choice.
getting MT bikes ready and making a game cart trailer next up.
I Ain't Captain Walker.
I'm The Guy Who Carries Mr. Dead In His Pocket

What would life be without the thrill of the hunt ?

Offline CavemantheHunter

• Scout
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2011, 08:01:55 AM »
My dad and I drew Quality Rifle tags for the Nov 5-15th hunt and I will be scouting the area quite a few times between now and then. I plan on heading in there this Saturday to get a little feel for the area.

Offline frostman

• American
  • Hunter
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2011, 11:34:33 AM »
My bro-in-law and I drew archery cow tags. My first year with bow for elk. Took a side trip to the Loo-Witt line and headed up 3000 line to the south. Still a fair amount of snow up around 3500'.
From what I saw in there (my first time in the area) should be opportunity opening day. We will be in there on opener, back to work for a few days and back in 'em hopefully Friday night Sept 9th.
My wife and my freezer are looking for a nice fat cow elk!
Liberalism IS a mental disorder.
Save America - vote out all liberals and progressives

Offline HOYT6.0

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Hunter
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2011, 11:46:11 AM »
My bro-in-law and I drew archery cow tags. My first year with bow for elk. Took a side trip to the Loo-Witt line and headed up 3000 line to the south. Still a fair amount of snow up around 3500'.
From what I saw in there (my first time in the area) should be opportunity opening day. We will be in there on opener, back to work for a few days and back in 'em hopefully Friday night Sept 9th.

My group also drew this tag.  4 of us.  We will be up there as well.  Should be a good time...

Offline Deer slayer

• Longhunter
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2011, 04:10:01 PM »

My group also drew this tag.  4 of us.  We will be up there as well.  Should be a good time...
Believe me it will be a good time.  Especially if you have a good group of people to hunt with.

Offline HOYT6.0

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Hunter
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2011, 06:45:20 PM »

Believe me it will be a good time.  Especially if you have a good group of people to hunt with.

Hope to  see you up there.  I will keep in contact and let you know were we will be camped.  I have some cold ones I owe you anyway... :tup:
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 09:47:16 PM by bobcat »

Offline akirkland

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2011, 08:52:25 PM »
i drew quality bull, archery. Never expected to draw with the points i had. Unfortunately i will be hunting solo as all my other hunting partners will be in the high country. Needless to say i dont know the unit at all. i will be scouting ALOT! i have the LC SPORTSMAN map with a Weyerhauser map on the way. I could use and appreciate any suggestions, pointers and help you guys could offer. Thanks guys!

Offline Deer slayer

• Longhunter
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2011, 09:15:52 PM »
i drew quality bull, archery. Never expected to draw with the points i had. Unfortunately i will be hunting solo as all my other hunting partners will be in the high country. Needless to say i dont know the unit at all. i will be scouting ALOT! i have the LC SPORTSMAN map with a Weyerhauser map on the way. I could use and appreciate any suggestions, pointers and help you guys could offer. Thanks guys!
In the previous posts I have listed areas that you can expect to be open during the archery season.  I would  concentrate on those areas.  Its going to be hard to scout due to gates being locked unless they are allowing walk in or bike in past the gates.  There are allot of elk in the unit.  You will have a good time.   :tup:

Offline bearmanric

• RIP Colockumelk
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
  • Tenino Wa
    • Rick Robbins  rrcalls
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2011, 12:47:30 PM »
Got my toutle map. Now I have all three . Just leaving the toutle store they have quite a few maps still.

RIP Colockumelk
Facebook rrcalls no website.

Offline MagKarl

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2011, 01:51:11 PM »
The WA DNR Public Lands Quad for the area is the best map that I found when I drew Toutle in 2009.  Much better than the Weyco map in my opinion.  It's a good idea to get one if you're interested in the state land options. 

Offline Hurricane

• Scout
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2011, 02:15:17 PM »
 Where do you find that one. The WA DNR Public Lands Quad
"Enjoy your Rice-A-Roni. It's the only treat SF will get this year. Go Hawks."

"I'm not saying your stupid I'm just saying you've got bad luck when it comes to thinking!"

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2011, 02:18:41 PM »
You can buy them in Tumwater at the Department of Printing, or you can order them from the Department of Printing website. First go to the DNR website, and there will be information on where the maps can be purchased.

Offline akirkland

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2011, 09:38:37 PM »
Gonna start scouting on Saturday! Pretty jacked up! I will share my experience on Sunday.

Offline REMINGTON13

• Pilgrim
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2011, 09:43:54 PM »
Got my toutle map. Now I have all three . Just leaving the toutle store they have quite a few maps still.

I have been looking all over for St. Helens Tree Farm maps.  Where did you find them?

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]