collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Report Wolf Sightings Here - Hunting-Washington Wolf Count 158+  (Read 619671 times)

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
Re: Report Wolf Sightings Here - Hunting-Washington Wolf Count 158+
« Reply #405 on: October 21, 2012, 09:33:53 PM »
I was with a tribal member this weekend picking up litter with our ATV club. He lives out of Omak. He told me the tribe has identified 3 separate packs with 25 wolves in each pack, He said the packs were south of Republic/Hall Creek areas and further south and down in Hell's Gate. I don't know if it's true or not, but he doesn't have a reason to stretch the truth. Can anyone confirm it or heard rumors to the liking.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline KyleMB123

• Tracker
« Reply #406 on: October 22, 2012, 01:48:06 PM »
Did not actually see them but found the tracks on a cattle trail 30 yards from my tent on Thursday morning(10/04/12). All about the size of my wallet, 4.5" long. Here is a pic of the most clear track. Lone tracks spaced far apart, them a bunch of them together. This was in LT. Murray area, Manastash GMU340, Observatory Road, down low. Tracks were not there when I went to sleep, found them at first light.

Reported to WDFW.

I'm no expert - maybe a bunch of large yotes?

Coyote.

I don't think coyotes make 4.5" long tracks. Coyote tracks are typically between 2" and 3" in length. How could this be a coyote?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 03:18:11 PM by KyleMB123 »

Offline Elkslayer

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Longhunter
« Reply #407 on: October 22, 2012, 01:55:10 PM »
I was with a tribal member this weekend picking up litter with our ATV club. He lives out of Omak. He told me the tribe has identified 3 separate packs with 25 wolves in each pack, He said the packs were south of Republic/Hall Creek areas and further south and down in Hell's Gate. I don't know if it's true or not, but he doesn't have a reason to stretch the truth. Can anyone confirm it or heard rumors to the liking.

I would'nt argue with the three seperate packs. But 25 in each pack? That sounds a little far fetched!
"YOU MUST FACE YOUR CHALLENGES HEAD ON IN ORDER TO SUCCEED."

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
« Reply #408 on: October 22, 2012, 01:57:39 PM »

I would'nt argue with the three seperate packs. But 25 in each pack? That sounds a little far fetched!

I know. That would be on the news if it was true. Can't argue with someone when I don't know anything about it. Oh well !

Offline HighCountryHunter88

• Sourdough
« Reply #409 on: October 22, 2012, 02:11:59 PM »

I know. That would be on the news if it was true. Can't argue with someone when I don't know anything about it. Oh well !

as far as where he said the packs are hes pretty right on the money but as far as 25 i dout it they only got collars on 3
-Matt

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
« Reply #410 on: October 25, 2012, 05:12:04 PM »
Found out that his numbers are waay off, just like I thought.  :tup:

Offline firdale

• Pilgrim
« Reply #411 on: October 27, 2012, 09:20:13 AM »
10/25/2012 in Falls River GMU #672 I saw what looked like a black wolf cross the road in front of my pickup.  I was going to work and didn't stop to check for tracks.  Wish I would have.  Talked to the owner of area wolf crossed into about black dogs and there aren't any.  Didn't look like a regular dog anyhow.  Real long legs that left the biggest impression being how tall it was.   

Offline Scooter929

• Pilgrim
  • Groups: none
« Reply #412 on: October 30, 2012, 10:04:29 AM »
1 wolf pup was hit by a car, 4 others ran away Hwy 25 near Evans ,  in September

Offline gaddy

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #413 on: November 07, 2012, 04:17:13 PM »
10/30/12 am.  first gated rd to the Left going in on the 4610 (025?) this would be off the 46/skyline rd in the blues. lite grey wolf popped up on a log approx 25yds in front of me as i was working around some dead fall across the old rd. we both stared at each other for what seemed like forever but was probably only 30 secs & it jumped off the log in my direction. there was a lot of waist high growth in the area above the old rd & I lost sight of it. brought the gun up & backed back to the rd watching all around. at this point i was on the radio to my brother who had split from me at this y to let him know where i was & that i had a wolf on me & that i was working back out. he started back to where we split in case i got in trouble. After the forth time i called him to tell him this thing was siding me at no more than 30 yds his responce was "hey that thing is tracking you, shoot the SOB" well i didn't as it never showed an aggressive attitude & never crossed the"line" however it was in the scope a few times.
I was very wary on the way out, not knowing if it was alone or not but it was the only one i saw,don't know if i was being decoyed or not but when i got back to the gate & met with my bro & another hunter that had pulled up they both said it was a possability. never saw it again once i rounded the corner where i could see the orange of the other guys.
Was a very large, lite grey & seemed fluffed out. don't know if it was just curious, or i stunk to bad from the sweat that stated poring from me that it didn't want any part of me.
as far as the SSS deal goes, I'm glad i didn't have to kill it(as bad as i wanted to) because i wouldn't have been able to tell the story, my brother would have been in the same boat & it was allready out on the radio what was happening.

Offline gaddy

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #414 on: November 07, 2012, 05:42:27 PM »
on the same story, when we talked to the gamies at a check station at the entrance to the NF land,they told us when we reported that their were only a few fragmented animals in the state & not any established packs such as northern idaho

Offline denali

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
    • https://www.facebook.com/bret.greene
« Reply #415 on: November 08, 2012, 11:29:15 AM »
gaddy, thankfully we had the opposite experience, when we were breaking down elk camp Sunday in GMU 340, we had an officer check us out and without prompting he went into a rant about how this wolf deal is a slow moving train wreck and was not at all happy with the situation. A really good guy, at least not all have drank the kool-aid.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 12:57:30 PM by denali »
Honesty is the best policy,  but insanity is a better defense.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #416 on: December 04, 2012, 12:12:04 PM »
Good chance of hearing howling on the north end of Cameron road in 127 right now.

Can you provide any other info regaring this post? THANKS
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #417 on: December 04, 2012, 03:06:34 PM »
There was a probable Wolf sighting in western Washington brought up in another thread. Thought it should be added here.

http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,111753.0.html
Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #418 on: December 04, 2012, 05:45:21 PM »
Does anyody know what the total confirmed pack number was as stated by WDFW this past Saturday during the GMAC meeting?
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline btlsoom

• Scout
« Reply #419 on: December 04, 2012, 07:10:33 PM »
Possible wolf sighting in Western Washington
« on: Today at 11:24:34 AM »

I was hunting elk in the Puyallup GMU clost to the Mud Mountain area about 3 / 4  miles out of Enemuclaw.  I was watching a pair of deer (sm buck and doe) from a higher vantage point.  The buck walked off quickly but the doe was staring hard off to her left.  I continues to watch her for over 75 / 7 minutes and she did not move a muscle. . . FROZE.  So I was determined to wait it out and see what had her undivided attention.  Well, I got bored and stood up after another 5 minutes and there, standing on a log about 50 / 60 yards down to my left, was a huge, hairy, gray wolf ! ! !  I glassed it with my binocs as I could not believe what I was seeing.  I have seen thousands of yotes and rogue dogs, but these were wolfs.  Yes these, as there was also a redish brown one as well. they were doing the tag team to get that doe.  Well I scared them off.  When I did, they ran together than ran off, just as a mating pair would act.  I contacted WDFW and they seem to think they are "wolf-dog" animals released by some other party?  I think they are a new mating pair from the Teanaway pack and have sought out a new territory to call their own.  The Teanaway pack is only slightly N/E of this location and wolfs will travel long distances to establish a new territory.   So, has anybody else seen or heard of wolfs in the White Water area?  I am going back VERY SOON with my movie camera and am going to put up trail cameras in the area to see if I can capture pics of the pair.

This was GMU #652 and the coord were N47 09.278  W121  56.085
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 08:54:03 PM by bearpaw »
President Washington Predator Hunting Association
Call like you mean it and mean it when you call..
TC and PSE 4 ME

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg