collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Report Wolf Sightings Here - Hunting-Washington Wolf Count 158+  (Read 619635 times)

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
Re: Report Wolf Sightings Here - Hunting-Washington Wolf Count 158+
« Reply #465 on: June 06, 2013, 12:08:33 PM »
May 29, 2013
Wolf sightings are nearly a daily occurrence now in the northeast. I have heard of a dozen sightings in the last week. One hunter who was out scouting the last days of May saw a bunch of wolf tracks up near Deep lake in GMU 111. He had trail cams with him so he hung one on a tree beside the road. The first wolf photo was taken 2 hours after placing the camera, in the next few days there were photos of at least 5 different wolves.

I've got plans to hang a cam a bit northeast of Deep Lake over 4th of July weekend.

Be sure and carry protection, a girl(lady) I went to school with lives near Spirit Junction, she walks every week on the Hwy for exercise. A couple weeks ago a wolf steps out 30 yards from her, luckily a pickup came along and spooked the wolf back off the road, after the truck passed she started walking again, the wolf pops out again and just stared at her, she ended up having to holler and throw rocks to scare it away, she told me she will never walk again without a gun, scared her badly.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline CedarPants

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #466 on: June 06, 2013, 12:15:54 PM »
May 29, 2013
Wolf sightings are nearly a daily occurrence now in the northeast. I have heard of a dozen sightings in the last week. One hunter who was out scouting the last days of May saw a bunch of wolf tracks up near Deep lake in GMU 111. He had trail cams with him so he hung one on a tree beside the road. The first wolf photo was taken 2 hours after placing the camera, in the next few days there were photos of at least 5 different wolves.

I've got plans to hang a cam a bit northeast of Deep Lake over 4th of July weekend.

Be sure and carry protection, a girl(lady) I went to school with lives near Spirit Junction, she walks every week on the Hwy for exercise. A couple weeks ago a wolf steps out 30 yards from her, luckily a pickup came along and spooked the wolf back off the road, after the truck passed she started walking again, the wolf pops out again and just stared at her, she ended up having to holler and throw rocks to scare it away, she told me she will never walk again without a gun, scared her badly.

Will definitely be carrying.  Last time I was up there hiking up a trail with a lot of switchbacks, I came around the corner and there stood a cougar.  It darted off fast as lightning, but that stuck with me.  We're definitely not the top of the food chain up there.

Offline dibbs

• Tracker
« Reply #467 on: June 09, 2013, 01:28:14 PM »

That lady(JR) told me the story of her encounter too.   That, and the bear encounter she had in the last year, and it's amazing that she hasn't have a coronary.  She and a coworker encountered wolves a couple years ago off the Tiger highway, and I believe she has seen them in their pasture.  I haven't seen one yet, but have seen a fair amount of sign in P.O. county in the last two years.

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #468 on: June 22, 2013, 08:27:11 PM »
The Stevens County Sheriff I know that investigated the Wedge Pack killings, told me last weekend the WDFW did not kill all the wolves.
He stated that the WDFW doesn't even know how many wolves are up there. He said the WDFW left one pup alive out of the 8 they killed.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline Ridgeratt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Old Salt
  • IBEW 73 (Retired) Burden on the working class.
« Reply #469 on: June 22, 2013, 08:48:34 PM »
The Stevens County Sheriff I know that investigated the Wedge Pack killings, told me last weekend the WDFW did not kill all the wolves.
He stated that the WDFW doesn't even know how many wolves are up there. He said the WDFW left one pup alive out of the 8 they killed.

Why that's impossible!!!! They said they got them all why would they lie? I Believe them. 

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
« Reply #470 on: June 22, 2013, 08:53:30 PM »

Why that's impossible!!!! They said they got them all why would they lie? I Believe them.

Ah, um, me too.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #471 on: June 22, 2013, 08:56:19 PM »
I haven't seen or heard of them yet this year, but they'd be holed up somewhere making more wolves....should be out running around soon though with a bunch of little ones in tow!

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
« Reply #472 on: June 22, 2013, 09:18:13 PM »
I haven't seen or heard of them yet this year, but they'd be holed up somewhere making more wolves....should be out running around soon though with a bunch of little ones in tow!

You should hear them at work or going to work.

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #473 on: June 24, 2013, 09:28:13 PM »
When was the last time this count was updated? It seems like it's been at "158+" for about a year... :dunno:
Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #474 on: June 25, 2013, 06:03:17 PM »
This photo was sent to me by email. Here are details of the wolf sightings, one wolf was seen and she could have taken photos so the lady started carrying her camera with her. A couple days later she saw the other wolf along the highway and got the photo.

June 21, 2013
Brownish wolf spotted in GMU 117 along highway 20 about 4.5 miles south of Ione.

June 23, 2013
Two days later a black wolf seen in the same area south of the new fire station at Tiger. This is in GMU 117 just south of Tiger on the eastside of highway 20 about 4.5 miles south of Ione.

The lady had a good look at both wolves, neither wolf had a collar.

FYI - The wolf lovers say wolves don't impact big game herds...  :chuckle:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 06:09:24 PM by bearpaw »
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Smossy

• Illiterate Woodsman
  • Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Slow down and enjoy the moment.
« Reply #475 on: June 25, 2013, 06:08:25 PM »
This photo was sent to me by email. Here are details of the wolf sightings, one wolf was seen and she could have taken photos so the lady started carrying her camera with her. A couple days later she saw the other wolf along the highway and got the photo.

June 21, 2013
Brownish wolf spotted in GMU 117 along highway 20 about 4.5 miles south of Ione.

June 23, 2013
Two days later a black wolf seen in the same area south of the new fire station at Tiger. This is in GMU 117 just south of Tiger on the eastside of highway 20 about 4.5 miles south of Ione.

The lady had a good look at both wolves, neither wolf had a collar.

FYI - The wolf lovers say wolves don't impact big game herds...  :chuckle:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha  :puke:
One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.

Offline SuperMag

• Hunter
« Reply #476 on: July 12, 2013, 10:02:53 AM »
wolf sighted outside of Chewelah, I made a thread with a pic called wolf near 49 with a pic of the wolf.

Offline headshot5

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #477 on: July 12, 2013, 10:13:29 AM »
He looks like a happy wolf.  Little red riding hood must be coming.

Offline Lone Bow

• Dances With Elk
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Pilgrim
« Reply #478 on: July 13, 2013, 07:09:39 PM »
Last weekend a lone collared black wolf in the Cedar creek drainage was caught on a game cam in unit 111.

Offline bonkellekter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Scout
« Reply #479 on: July 14, 2013, 08:27:07 PM »
Wolf caught on trail cam near blueslide resort Unit 117. Looks like a young one... was within 250 yards of my parents house.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]