collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Report Wolf Sightings Here - Hunting-Washington Wolf Count 158+  (Read 619741 times)

Offline turkeyfeather

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NWTF
Re: Report Wolf Sightings Here - Hunting-Washington Wolf Count 158+
« Reply #525 on: October 18, 2013, 08:11:42 PM »
You cant tell in the pic but there were visible claw marks.
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is who you actually are while your reputation is merely who others think you are.

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #526 on: October 19, 2013, 01:37:33 PM »
2 wolves, GMU 101 just north of Curlew Lake. 10/14/2013.

Where at exactly and what time ?

Eastern slopes of Mt Elizabeth on state land (west side of Marbelle road). Very near the highway actually. I was shocked how big those dang things are. We saw em from about 200-250 yards and they make a coyote look like a mouse as far as size goes.  Funny thing is that the evening before we saw a hunter sitting on a ridge overlooking a flat area and the next morning we saw the wolves trotting accross that same ridge as the hunter was sitting the evening before. the wolves actually stoped trotting at the exact spot the hunter was siting the previous evening prob due to scent which allowed us time to throw the binos up for a good 20 seconds or so before they spotted us and left over the back side of the ridge line.

I wonder if it's they same wolf (wolves) that were seen a couple weeks ago near Barrett Creek that my buddies, sons, girlfriend got a picture of that he never posted.......hmmmmmm ?
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline Mulieman

• Tracker
« Reply #527 on: October 20, 2013, 10:23:07 AM »
Unit 243 Oct. 16. It is hard to see in the picture. That is a 257wby next to it. What do you think? It is about 4.5" long tip to tip.

Offline golfguy0912

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Hunter
« Reply #528 on: October 22, 2013, 03:02:55 PM »
10-22-13 GMU 247, Crumb Canyon. The knife is 4.25" long and there was another one next to it.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #529 on: October 25, 2013, 06:24:43 PM »
Oct 24th Lake Cavanaugh RD GMU 437 near the intersection of S shore Drive and N shore Drive. My wife was coming from the lake in the evening about  9:30pm.  She said she saw a wolf cross the road on her way home. I asked her if it could have been a coyote or a husky. She said it was larger than my chessy so its not a coyote, plus she has seen many dead examples of those. I showed my wife pics of huskies and AK malamutes and also wolves with no lables as to what they were. She pointed out a several examples of wolves in pictures.

My mother came to my house for dinner tonight. My wife and i were talking about her experience. My mother told me that she saw a wolf near that same place about a month ago. My mother would know the difference between a AK Malamute or a husky easy since we had them when i was growing up.  This does not come as a big surprise to me since almost 10 years ago i saw 4 wolves outside of Sedro Woolley chasing the elk in the Nooksack herd. In addition to the fact that my brother works for a logging outfit that has seen wolves for some time in the 418 &437. I have tried to get details ln thier sitings but since they do no know me they say nothing.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #530 on: October 25, 2013, 10:35:32 PM »
I caught three following a doe and a couple fawns across the face of a hill last weekend in the Methow. I only had time to get the spotter up and get one long distance digi shot with my cell. I have seen both coyote and wolf over there in the last several years and know the difference, there is no doubt the three I saw were wolves.

You can make out the top two, the other one was in the bright spot.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline furiouzgeorge

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #531 on: October 31, 2013, 11:27:19 PM »
Oct 24th Lake Cavanaugh RD GMU 437 near the intersection of S shore Drive and N shore Drive. My wife was coming from the lake in the evening about  9:30pm.  She said she saw a wolf cross the road on her way home. I asked her if it could have been a coyote or a husky. She said it was larger than my chessy so its not a coyote, plus she has seen many dead examples of those. I showed my wife pics of huskies and AK malamutes and also wolves with no lables as to what they were. She pointed out a several examples of wolves in pictures.

My mother came to my house for dinner tonight. My wife and i were talking about her experience. My mother told me that she saw a wolf near that same place about a month ago. My mother would know the difference between a AK Malamute or a husky easy since we had them when i was growing up.  This does not come as a big surprise to me since almost 10 years ago i saw 4 wolves outside of Sedro Woolley chasing the elk in the Nooksack herd. In addition to the fact that my brother works for a logging outfit that has seen wolves for some time in the 418 &437. I have tried to get details ln thier sitings but since they do no know me they say nothing.

Looks like we may be neighbors, so to speak. My Dad lives in Big Lake, I hunt back there all the time. I've seen large K-9 tracks out there but never a wolf with my own two eyes. Earlier in this thread I mentioned seeing one in Sedro, probably one of the four you mentioned.

Looks like all us coyote hunters will have to pay close attention before we connect.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty. " ~ Thomas Jefferson

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #532 on: November 01, 2013, 08:04:12 AM »
My brother is a logger. Guys on his different crews have seen wolves in the 418 and 437. They won't talk to me about it but they are there.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Online bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #533 on: November 16, 2013, 09:55:46 AM »
Two wolves seen in early November by some friends and their neighbors who live in Dry Creek northwest from Chewelah in GMU 121.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Online bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
« Reply #534 on: November 16, 2013, 09:57:14 AM »
Several sets of wolf tracks traveling together, seen in Mill Creek in late October north of Colville in GMU 111.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline mulehunter

• Frontiersman
« Reply #535 on: November 17, 2013, 03:51:53 AM »
Took this pic while hunting on Mt. Spokane last weekend with my son. Set the radio next to it for size reference. Looks to big to be a yote, but wanna know what you all think.

That looks like a cougar track to me.  Fairly round and no visible toe nails. 
:yeah:  it's Cougar.

Online bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
« Reply #536 on: November 17, 2013, 04:43:00 AM »
4 wolves (2 collared) spotted on the border of the Manson/Alta unit in October. Reynolds Creek/Rennie Peak area. These wolves were less than 30 yards from two hikers who don't want to be identified.

Online bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
« Reply #537 on: November 17, 2013, 04:51:18 AM »
Another wolf report comes from GMU 117. A mother, son, and daughter were deer hunting near Blacktail Mountain on the LPO wildlife refuge. They saw a pack of wolves attacking a whitetail. A short while later the son howled and wolves howled all around them, they were surrounded by wolves so they got out of there.

I'm hearing lots of wolf reports and will add more reports when I get better details.

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
« Reply #538 on: November 17, 2013, 12:23:42 PM »
My brother is a logger. Guys on his different crews have seen wolves in the 418 and 437. They won't talk to me about it but they are there.

So this might explain why a gate was put on the road just past Shannon Lake boat ramp last year.  :bash:
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline Sitka_Blacktail

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #539 on: November 17, 2013, 01:52:12 PM »
A kid staying at the Beaver Lodge campground got a nice 4x4 buck opening day of late buck. Cut the head off and left it out. Next morning it was gone. A couple other hunters saw a black dog with a green collar hauling it up the South Fork of Mill Creek Road. Turns out, the lodge owner told us it's actually a small, collared, black wolf that has been hanging out around the lodge all summer. Darn scavengers. At least the kid has pictures. And he learned a valuable lesson on securing things out in the wild.
A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears. ~ Michel de Montaigne

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal