collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Quickie-No Luck  (Read 845 times)

Offline littletoes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • old fart
Quickie-No Luck
« on: July 08, 2011, 09:45:28 AM »
Had the chance to make it out early this morning, but with no luck....

While searching for fishing spots, I remembered a farmer that had several ponds on his place, so I went over and asked permission to fish, while I was at it, I asked him what he thought of coyotes. Said he hated 'em, and I could hunt them anytime!

Made a couple of stands, with not luck, but while checking his dusty roads for tracks (I can't help myself, I just HAVE too!), I found coyote tracks, and something bigger, Cougar tracks.

May have to call a friend when the season opens.....will have to see.

One thing I use to gauge animal numbers is scat, and this was lacking in quantity that I like to see. I did indeed see some, just not as much as I hoped.

When you just see a couple of piles, far and few, it could just be animals "passing through". I've noticed quite a few animals out there like to use the same spot, again and again, and when you see a "place" like that, you "know".

When I don't see it, I wonder if its worth my time.
"The People of the United States are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal