collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Peanut Man Dies  (Read 3064 times)

Offline flinger

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
Peanut Man Dies
« on: July 27, 2011, 06:30:30 PM »
Pretty sad deal, pretty much anyone who has ever been to a mariners game knows who he is
Rick "the Peanut man"Kaminski. Rest in Peace
SEE YA IN THE FIELDS
        FLINGER

Offline blindpig

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Peanut Man Dies
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 05:03:53 AM »
I remember watching that guy at the kingdome, simply amazing how he could flip a bag of peanuts with sniper like accuracey.  RIP Pnutman.

Offline CMG

• Scout
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 08:44:44 AM »
Sad loss, and an Icon for the Mariners.  I have taken my two boys to several games over the last couple of seasons. They would pass up peanuts from other vendors and wait for "The Peanut man" to come by. Often times waiting until the end of the game just to have Rick throw to them. They enjoyed watching where Rick was in the stadium just as much as watching the game! 
RIP - I hope the Mariners organization finds a spot inside or outside of the stadium to honor Rick with a statue. He will be missed.
"I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was"

Offline Alchase

• Explorer
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 12:04:23 PM »
My Grandpa use to say:
 "It does not matter what job you do, what matters is that you put your all into it and do the best job you can"

I think the Peanut man was a great example of this, lol

In the early Mariner days, he was more fun to watch then the mariners ever were, LOL

Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 12:05:52 PM »
Man, that sucks, RIP pnutman.
Rick "The Peanut Man" Kaminski has passed away at the age of 67.
Kaminski was best known for his speed and accuracy as he hurled a bag of warm peanuts to your seat during Mariners games. He started selling peanuts at Mariners games in 1977.

Kaminski died from complications of a brain aneurysm.

"On behalf of everyone at the Seattle Mariners, our deepest sympathies go out to Rick Kaminski's partner Candi, his family, his many friends, and fans," Mariners President and CEO Chuck Armstrong said in a statement. "Rick loved what he did and the fans loved him for it. He will be sorely missed at Safeco Field as well as Peoria, Arizona, where he got in his 'Spring Training' along with everyone else."

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal