collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: ALERT: Commission to hear final Wolf plan  (Read 1463 times)

Offline Dave Workman

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
ALERT: Commission to hear final Wolf plan
« on: August 01, 2011, 08:08:17 AM »
ALERT: Wildlife Commission to consider final Wolf EIS Thursday

As the Washington Fish & Wildlife Commission prepares to meet this Thursday to consider a recommended wolf conservation and management plan, a new controversy has erupted in Colville, where a veteran big game guide and outfitter is raising the alarm about a possible recent attack that left at least two dogs dead and a neighborhood on edge.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-seattle/alert-wildlife-commission-to-consider-final-wolf-eis-thursday

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted." - D.H. Lawrence

Offline mulehunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
Re: ALERT: Commission to hear final Wolf plan
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 08:46:03 AM »
 :tup: that's great. I am with u Dale.  Because I been there while ago problem with lookout pack.  I got really really pissed off when Bio say its not a wolf kill on a dead cow and birth one day old calf.  Also went with doggerhandler on a permit.  8 wolves took down Bonnie hound.  I wish I could bring her and drop on floor at WDFW office say what have u done. Pls replace a new dog because we can't shoot wolf. 

The law need to change that we are allowed to shoot when wolves try to kill my dogs on my property.  Dogs doesn't have a team and not easy when two dogs V.S. 8 wolf. but wolves pack are a huge Team.  Not fair for my dogs.  I must seriously shoot to protect our livestock, pets, my children. FEDS are doing very wrong job.

I am with u Dale.

Mulehunter

Offline huntrights

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 03:36:10 PM »
I just entered a couple of other posts on this topic.

Re: Wolf hearings, schedule of events etc for this summer
« Reply #15 on: Today at 09:39:48 AM »

Re: I sent this Wolf Plan email to the WDFW Commissioners
« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:19:16 PM »

The primary message is people need to show up at the meeting to present their views.  Opportunity for public comments will most likely be at some time in the afternoon.  Facts about actual attacks on humans, domestic animals, and livestock would be very important information to present.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 12:22:18 AM »
Just to clarify, the dogs were not killed, the neighbor says he fired a shot in the air and spooked away the wolves.

I know there are more wolves in this unit than the two adults with pups at smackout, there was a group of two adults and a group of 4 or 5 adults leaving tracks this winter, this could be the other pack. I recieved a call from Region 1 and they tried to suggest to me it was coyotes, they were unable to explain why the neighbor said all 5 were as large or larger than his german shepherds, nor could they explain why 5 adult coyotes would be running together this time of year. There is also the fact that one of the wolves was quite white. Frankly, the neighbor seemed perfectly sure of what he saw attacking his dogs right next to his house.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]