collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Moral Dilema...  (Read 14125 times)

Offline Bigshooter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
  • High Wide And Heavy
Re: Moral Dilema...
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2008, 02:46:56 AM »
A friend of my dad had the same problem with his lab.  It wasn't able to get around for about a month.  One day my dad was at his friends house with his female wire hair that was in heat.  The lab was a uncut male.  After about an hour of the lab dry humping the ground he finally got up and started chasing my dads dog around.  He has been fine ever since.  I am not making this up.  So your dog might have a chance.  I would maybe load her up grab your shot gun a take her out like you are going hunting and see what she does.
Welcome to liberal America, where the truth is condemned and facts are ignored so as not to "offend" anyone

"Borders, language, culture."

Offline bwana

• Hunter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2008, 03:54:42 PM »
Hi. This is "Buck Lucky's" wife, Kelley.  Just curious as to how things are going with Sadie, if you have looked into any other options.  There is a holistic veterinarian in Bellevue, Dr. Tejinder Sodhi at the Animal Wellness Center (425)455-8900 if your interested. 
Only those who risk going too far can possibly know how far they can go.- T.S. Elliot

Offline popeshawnpaul

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
    • http://www.facebook.com/smccully
    • Nature Photography
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2008, 04:13:18 PM »
I was thinking of taking her to a few veterinarians like this, but quite frankly her progress has been remarkable.  I brought her home on Sunday and she couldn't walk or stand.  I taught her to stand on Monday and got her to take a step or two.  When i got home from work on Tuesday, she was so excited to see me she wagged her tail...I was in awe.  That night I got her to take a few steps in a row on her own.  Yesterday she was walking around feabily on her own.  She could generally go about 20-30 yards before falling over or giving up.  She gets real tired when she walks, but I'm pushing her to rehab hard.  Yesterday I actually got her to gallup/slow run with me for a 20 yard stretch and for the most part was placing the pad of her paw down instead of her knuckle.  Her urination control is back as well.

At this point my only concern is that if she twists a bit wrong she will yelp in pain.  I have her on anti-inflamatory pain killers and pain medication.  I'm going to take her out for another long rehab walk/run tonight.  I'm really ecstatic and at this point I think her recovery is up to her.  I'm a bit concerned about her yelping when turning wrong but figure it must be related to the inflamation in her back from the blood clot.  I must say I was very disenchanted with some of the vets that I took her to.  Besides making us feel morally like bad people they recommended treatment that wasn't necessary without knowing she needed such treatment.  I know they are qualified at what they do but in emotional circumstances like we were in, I would appreciate a straight shooter that could tell me what's a reasonable and rational way to proceed with care.  Perhaps I'm blowing it out of proportion in my mind because it's such was such a trying time for me.  I'll reflect on it. 

Thanks for the interest and points of view on this thread.  I certainly helped me feel confident in my decisions whether they were right for everyone or not.

Shawn

Offline Wayne1

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Longhunter
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2008, 09:08:41 PM »
That's very uplifting new's.... :brew:
Q: What was the most positive result of the "Cash for Clunkers" program?
A: It took 95% of the Obama bumper stickers off the road. --David Letterman

Offline chukar-ridge-quest

• Scout
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2008, 09:19:47 PM »
That's f-in awesome.  I'm so glad for your family, and most important the pup, that she's getting back to "normal".  If she wags the tail all is well.   Give her a big hug and kiss on her wet nose, from the Chukar family.  ;)

GOD GAVE US TWO EARS AND ONE MOUTH, SO WE CAN LISTEN TWICE AS MUCH AS WE TALK!!!

Offline bucklucky

• Old Salt
    • Charlie Smith
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2008, 10:08:18 PM »
Pope I am glad she is doing so much better, wife is happy to hear this also. Keep us posted on her recovery!.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by trophyhunt
[Today at 06:05:35 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]