collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hunting GMU 117 & 113  (Read 12056 times)

Offline 10thmountainarcher

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: Hunting GMU 117 & 113
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2011, 09:37:49 AM »
Yea if you put on miles you definitely won't be promised a bull, hell I'll be generious.. I'm in the Army and in Afghanistan.. I'll PM you with a better direction to head bud.

Offline Tallan1976

• Pilgrim
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2011, 09:17:05 AM »
I live in the Spokane area and plan on doing a lot of scouting next summer and fall up there, possibly setting up a spike camp somewhere to hunt out of.  I lived in Western WA and hunted Yakima area for years as a teen with my dad.  We did fairly well, getting 5 or 6 spikes in the late 90's.  None of us have ever been drawn for branched antler before.  This year, the 1501 Rd was washed out and you can't get to our spot unless you drive around the backside but that road is VERY scary and narrow and can be impossible to get out of if it snows so without being able to hunt there I figured it would be worth the trip to do some scouting up north.  Everyone says the same things....Sullivan, steep, thick, wet.  I don't expect to see anything but then again, I have seen a 6-point and a cow in the Twisp River Valley, as well as 2 bull moose and they are supposed to be very scarce there so maybe I have the luck ;)

I am also planning on checking out the hollows SW of Loon Lake. Whitetail and elk overlap for 2 days (5th & 6th) so If nothing else, I may shoot a whitey while I am scouting.  Not that I expect it really but if any of the NE hunters are willing to share, I am willing to listen! :) 

Offline bigpaw 77

• Bass mutilator
  • Scout
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2011, 01:33:36 PM »
Good luck, we have deer and elk hunted 113 in the past and went up there this year for muzzy elk. Hiked a lot of miles and did not see one single elk. It was a nice camping trip tho. Really steep nasty thick brushy up there. We were staying on some private land that boarders national forest land and only seen where the elk were about 2 weeks prior to us getting there. Oh and you can count on most of the roads being closed with 2-3 trucks parked at the gates. My best advice to you is don't waist your money and time on the N.E. corner. but if you do go I would park at a gated road and walk in a few miles looking for fresh sign on the road and maybe you can catch up to them, but seeing one is a diffrent story.
WDWF needs to get a clue before it's to late!!!

Offline Nape.257

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2011, 01:46:49 PM »
What the other guys have seed is spot on. Your only chance of finding elk in 113 with out having been there is snow drive the roads looking for tracks. Good luck to you I will be up there to.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2011, 02:09:48 PM »
I mentioned my thoughts on this one in another thread asking the same question.   Its one of the best kept secrets in this state.  Those that know, don't share.   It took them alot of leather, fuel, blood and tears to find it.  Generally those that do share probably don't know.   Essentially you could find elk in any given spot in the unit.  Its a matter of when and where.  Goodluck!   Its no disrespect that you won't get information handed to you.   You are going to have to earn this one. 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 06:56:45 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1
[Today at 06:52:09 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by gramps
[Today at 06:50:22 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by jrebel
[Today at 06:27:01 AM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]