collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: idaho pronghorn  (Read 1529 times)

Offline anglinarcher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
idaho pronghorn
« on: September 07, 2011, 03:55:32 PM »
me and 2 other buddies got drawn for an idaho pronghorn in unit 37. Was wondering if any one has ever hunted speed goats down there, and how they did. Haven't found a single picture or info through the net about it.
thanks,
Jeff
<=====<<<

Offline HUNT

• Site Sponsor
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
Re: idaho pronghorn
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 04:00:01 PM »
I have a buddy that has had the tag 3 times over the past 7 or 8 years, including a tag last year. 

Watch out for the private ground down there, they arent happy about trespassers.  There is public ground to hunt. 

For size of antelope - 70" B&C is a good buck for that unit.  Seems the bucks in that unit have fairly small prongs.  It should be a fun hunt for you.  I've been trying to draw that tag for 10+ years with no luck.....

Rack'd Up Outdoors

Offline Bigshooter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
  • High Wide And Heavy
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 12:01:14 AM »
I have been through there a few times and seen a lot of antelope.  I don't think you'll have much of a problem getting one.
Welcome to liberal America, where the truth is condemned and facts are ignored so as not to "offend" anyone

"Borders, language, culture."

Offline anglinarcher

• Tracker
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 10:37:53 AM »
thanks guys, the reason i put in is cause i have a buddy that elk hunts down there but he didn't see much this year. And I haven't had anytime to go scout it as its a long ways from me.
I'm planning on knocking on a lot of doors and going from there. Got lucky getting drawn though, first year putting in and we were a party of 3. Any other info is greatly appreciated
thanks again,
Jeff
<=====<<<

Offline Ironhead

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 05:55:27 AM »
I have hunted unit 29 which isn't to far from 37. I know the goats will be all the way up into the trees. 13" goat is a descent one in that area. Go to my hunting album in the media section. Both of those Antelope came out of 29.
"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is, that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal