collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: tribal hunting  (Read 35933 times)

Offline HighCountryHunter88

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: tribal hunting
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2011, 11:15:26 AM »
"RIGHTS that need a total review, because your people are not the same as the people when the treaties were signed"

and we white guys arnt the same guys that signed and pass documents in the past that gave us our rights too so whats ur point?

SO THEY NEED A TOTAL REVIEW, thats my point!

would you want to review the constitution?
-Matt

Offline longknife

• Longhunter
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2011, 11:23:54 AM »
"RIGHTS that need a total review, because your people are not the same as the people when the treaties were signed"

and we white guys arnt the same guys that signed and pass documents in the past that gave us our rights too so whats ur point?

ARE you kidding me?? The Constitution gets drove over all the time with new laws, and is changed. Have you heard of the NRA? Notice how we are trying to keep our guns, instead of the government trying to take them? I do believe that is in our constitution that is trying to be changed,,,
Why cant we change native right as well?
Paddle faster!!,,,,I hear banjo's!!!!

Offline HighCountryHunter88

• Sourdough
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2011, 11:30:52 AM »

ARE you kidding me?? The Constitution gets drove over all the time with new laws, and is changed. Have you heard of the NRA? Notice how we are trying to keep our guns, instead of the government trying to take them? I do believe that is in our constitution that is trying to be changed,,,
Why cant we change native right as well?

ok, i guess i get the point your making. i think they should be reviewed on a case by case basis, and not as a whole, because as stated here before its not all situations that are hurting everyone else, its a select few and a few certain practices that are blanketing a bad image on all tribal hunting
-Matt

Offline longknife

• Longhunter
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2011, 12:06:18 PM »
there will never be equality til we are all governed by the same.

Offline singleshot12

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • WWA,PF
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2011, 01:50:35 PM »

Maybe that is the problem, we are governed by the same, and this time around it's the white sportsman that's getting the shaft.
NATURE HAS A WAY

"All good things must come to an end"

SEARCHING FOR TRUTH, SEARCHING FOR PURITY, something that doesn't really exist anymore..

Offline longknife

• Longhunter
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2011, 03:02:54 PM »

Maybe that is the problem, we are governed by the same, and this time around it's the white sportsman that's getting the shaft.

How are natives governed by the state, like white men are? They are under fedral law, not state law like the white man is.
WE ARE NOT GOVERNED BY THE SAME!!

Offline singleshot12

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • WWA,PF
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2011, 03:31:51 PM »
Still governed, state or fed, differant rules, with us getting the short end of the stick
NATURE HAS A WAY

SEARCHING FOR TRUTH, SEARCHING FOR PURITY, something that doesn't really exist anymore..

Offline briancorneal

• Scout
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2011, 04:08:05 PM »
All this whining is just that: whining.  I tell my 7 year old that whining about anything isn't gonna fix the problem.  So far, all I hear is a bunch of whining, but no follow through.  If it's broke, fix it.  No wars (not just the killing kind) have ever been faught and won by people who just whine from the sidelines.  Life is not a spectator sport.  If you want something done about it, JUST DO IT....nike...lol.  Tossing money at the RMEF or NRA is one way; going to a public WDFW meeting and voicing your opinion where it matters is another. 

Not all indians are lazy drunks living off a check every month.  There are the same percentage of *censored*bags that will never amount to anything in either race: white, black, or purple.  If you got a problem with someone, confront them about it.  Us as Americans have lost our balls when it comes to changing something because we expect other people to do it.  I'm sure that it's been proven that we can't rely on our goverment for much.  The minority (not race) has the upper-hand because we can't hurt people's feelings due to PC.  Get off your butt and do something about it instead of ranting on a hunting site.  This ain't facebook or twitter!

Offline longknife

• Longhunter
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2011, 04:17:34 PM »
Diffrent rules of governing is my point.

If we all had to follow the same rules, and no one had free rides, i think we could live with eachother. We all would be EQUAL, like our Constitution states it should be!
I dont see indian Jo with his tear anymore, they are getting high off the hog,,,literaly!

Offline igotbigbulls

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2011, 04:59:06 PM »
*censored*
we natives will never have our rights taken away. EVER! no matter how much whining the non natives do. treaties are different then laws. not so easily broken.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 02:37:55 PM by bearpaw »
Always loved warm guts on a cold morning

Offline singleshot12

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • WWA,PF
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2011, 05:15:28 PM »
ha ha ha ha ha  :iamwithstupid:

NATURE HAS A WAY

Offline longknife

• Longhunter
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2011, 05:42:26 PM »
*censored*
 we natives will never have our rights taken away. EVER! no matter how much whining the non natives do. treaties are different then laws. not so easily broken.

Not so easily, but can be done! What do the natives have to complain about??
I would like to see what you have to complain about, to see it better from the native side.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 02:38:25 PM by bearpaw »

Offline Knocker of rocks

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2011, 06:26:53 PM »
*censored*

In a nutshell, the Boldt decision was a 1974 decision in Federal Court, where it was found that the various Tribes had a right to a much greater number of fish than they had previously be allotted.  They were also granted the right to fish for a longer period of time, and were less constrained by the type of fishing they did.  I well remember the initial years after the Boldt Decision, and the tension at places like Neah Bay, Sieku, La Push and the Duwamish.  Hard feelings between commercial, sport and tribal fishermen were exacerbated.

Following courts have used this decision to increase the scope, type, season and area that some tribal members are allowed to hunt.

Because it is based on a courts interpretation, no amount of petitions or laws could change this ruling.  It is possible that a Federal Court of the District or higher level could reinterpret the Treaties, and the rights given by these treaties.  Or the Tribes could be induced to sign new treaties or agreements which would change the present status quo.  Both are unlikely, with the latter possibility being very remote.  It seems like the  ESA would trump the Boldt decision, but at the point that the ESA kicks in, a species population is extremely critical (not to start a ESA argument).

I hope that helps a little.  It is a complicated matter to say the least
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 02:39:45 PM by bearpaw »

Offline igotbigbulls

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2011, 06:30:43 PM »
longknife. i got nothing to complain about especialy when it comes to hunting and fishing. i hunt in the blues and have been known to help alot of guys out that have been looking for that once in a lifetime archery bull. i dont interfere or get upset if someone is hunting in my spot where i was planning on going. im more than happy to help people get there game to put meat on there table for there family. we all are here for a purpose. and granted some abuse rights no matter what your background. but most of the things i have been reading are extremely exagerated. and unless there is proof its all here say in my book.
Always loved warm guts on a cold morning

Offline longknife

• Longhunter
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2011, 06:35:19 PM »
longknife. i got nothing to complain about especialy when it comes to hunting and fishing. i hunt in the blues and have been known to help alot of guys out that have been looking for that once in a lifetime archery bull. i dont interfere or get upset if someone is hunting in my spot where i was planning on going. im more than happy to help people get there game to put meat on there table for there family. we all are here for a purpose. and granted some abuse rights no matter what your background. but most of the things i have been reading are extremely exagerated. and unless there is proof its all here say in my book.

Proof of what said hearsay? What was said that is totaly out of line in your eyes?

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal