collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WDFW survey  (Read 14402 times)

Offline CP

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
WDFW survey
« on: June 27, 2008, 11:00:41 AM »
If you haven’t already, ML hunters should take the WDFW survey.  There are quite a few questions on ML seasons and equipment.  Changes in the regs are apparently coming and we all should have our opinions heard.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=Vb_2f37XGr4hzTOY4Yl2IunA_3d_3d

Offline Crunchy

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
Re: WDFW survey
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 12:11:59 PM »
I just finished with the survey.  Although I am not a ML hunter I agree you guys get the short end of the stick.  The only thing I felt strongly about was no Techno type advances to the guns.

Offline Sagedawg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 12:41:09 PM »
Just read through and took the survey. Sure are putting out alot of options.I wonder if they are opening a can of worms?

Sage

Offline lee

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 01:12:03 PM »
Dun done it!    :)

Offline mtndew

• Longhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 09:53:01 AM »
I filled it out this weekend. Lots of possible changes for muzzleloaders. Everyone should put in their  :twocents:
One shot, one Deer. Two shots, maybe one Deer. Three shots, no Deer

Offline robb92

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • Location: Spokane Wa, Andrews AFB, Maryland and King George, VA
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 05:08:48 PM »
I just finished it. I see no problem allowing a hunter to use a ml with a 209 system or using s scope. Just because you have it doesn't mean you are going to fill your tag. I think the game department needs to update their way of thinking in regards to the advances in the hunting industry as a whole. As I said before just because you have it does not mean you will always fill your tag. I've got an inline that shoots a 209 and it has a scope, have I shot an animal with it NOPE.
"ITS NOT WHAT THE WISE MAN SAYS BUT WHAT THE WISE MAN DOES IN HIS LIFE THAT MATTERS"

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 05:43:56 PM »
I filled out the survey a couple weeks ago.  I don't think they should allow the use of scopes.

Actually, the way the rules are now seem ok; I would like a few more seasons and units to hunt though.
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline GoldTip

• Frontiersman
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 06:37:50 AM »
I filled it out, even thought I do not Muzzle loader hunt, I have a few elderly patients who do, and they have a hard time with open sights and a getting a good sight picture.  I think the Muzzy hunters should be allowed to use scopes, though nothing greater than 2 power, this would help those with deficient or aging eye sight.
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
If I ageed with you, then we'd both be wrong.
You are never to old to learn something stupid.

Offline kirkl

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • USN Veteran- USS Nimitz CVN 68
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 08:37:07 AM »
I filled it out and said more gmus but no changes to the ML itself. 

Offline WDFW Hates ME!!!

• Sourdough
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 09:52:55 PM »
No changes, the reason we have what we do is hunter participation. We switched to ML years ago to get away from crazy rifle hunters Note:(not all rifle hunters are crazy).

These are ML people not rifles. If they go to 209 and and scopes they need a traditional season. Where traditional archers and ML get there own seasons. Hunting with a ML with a scope and hotter primers is just like hunting with a rifle. 250-300 yard shots with a ML is stupid and ignorant.

I guess this is what people want. To hunt with greater ability with less competition, that is why they want these new laws. Older generation want less competition than they would get in the rifle season, so if they fight to get scopes allowed to a traditional weapon they can get away from crowds, sorry traditional weapons didn't have scopes.

Just like the mentality of most of us americans, want more with less work.
*censored* happens when you party naked!!!

IBEW Local 125

Offline GoldTip

• Frontiersman
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 08:14:49 AM »
WDFW hates me, so after spending the next 30 years hunting with a Muzzy and developing a love for it, when your eyesight starts to fail and you can't get a good sight picture with open sights, you planning to just give it up and go back to Modern firearm?  Not trying to start a pissing match here, just playing the devils advocate.
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
If I ageed with you, then we'd both be wrong.
You are never to old to learn something stupid.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 08:23:35 AM »
When your eyesight gets to where you can't focus on your rear sight, all you need to do is switch to a peep sight. No need for a scope. Scopes just don't belong on muzzleloaders, plain and simple.

Offline WDFW Hates ME!!!

• Sourdough
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 09:03:14 AM »
I tell you what, in 30 years if we still have hunting i will still be hunting with a ML. If i physicaly can not hunt with it i will switch to a method i can hunt with. Sorry but i do not need the rules changed for me because i can't hunt the way i used to. Hunting should not progress, that is not what it is about. Hunting is a way for people to be in the outdoors sharing the heritage with family and friends. I do not care if i see a B&C bull or a B&C deer, io shoot the first legal animal i have a tag for. That is what i am out there for. Remember it is about the hunt, not the kill...

If they made it 65 and over with a sight imparement i might agree to it, but it opens to many doors if they make it a blanket rule.
Remember change the laws for the few but they affect the masses.

And i am not trying to start a pissing match, and i play devils advocate every now and then, but i get tired of people trying to change a traditional weapon to a modern  one when that was not the intent of the seasons set for them.
*censored* happens when you party naked!!!

IBEW Local 125

Offline kirkl

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • USN Veteran- USS Nimitz CVN 68
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008, 09:25:20 AM »
I agree WDFW, I say if they went with 209 and scopes they might at well scrap the ML season and just have a rifle/ML season and you can hunt with either one.  There already getting some good distances with those inlines.  I have a traditional with sidelock my grandpa gave to me. There would be alot of people switch to ML if they went with 209, closed to the elements and scopes.  Suppose to be a traditional weapon. Just my  :twocents:

Offline MIKEXRAY

• Sourdough
  • Bowhunter east side. Kayak Fishing cascade lakes.
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2008, 09:29:22 AM »
I agree also. keep it traditional.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal