collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: wolf found dead in washington  (Read 17509 times)

Offline jyerxa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Re: wolf found dead in washington
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2011, 10:07:21 AM »
The quality isn't very good, but here is some kind of satisfaction.

1000 Ways to Die # 176 TREE MUGGER
times before with just leather, wool and cotton.

Offline remington300mag

• Site Sponsor
  • Longhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2011, 10:13:28 AM »
Oh I am sorry....didn't realize I wrote..."This Comment is Directed to pianoman9701".......LOL.....Now if you could be so kind as to read the comments above....you will see where people are saying that I should just shut my mouth and be a good little whipping boy.......
"It's not how hard you hit that matters....It's how hard you can get hit and keep coming forward!"

Offline Jason

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2011, 10:16:21 AM »
Nice rant, but I was talking about their comments - nothing new since February. I've been very active and vocal about the wolf program and my problems with it. If you're a frequent visitor to this site, you'd know that.
I think he was responding to Knocker of rocks.

Offline high country

• Old Salt
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2011, 10:32:50 AM »
I view it from reality. Wolves were run out or killed off when there was a whole lot more room for them to roam, and a lot more to eat. Reintroducing them when the habitat will not sustain them without human conflict was completely irresponsible. Should we try to recreate t-rex? Of course not. Wolf lovers typically come from areas with no wolves, or captive wolves..... A long ways from reality.

When I spoke to weitas creek outfitters in the clearwater backcountry and asked him about the wolves.....which are in his area heavy, he got pretty choked up. He said it made him want to cry knowing just a few years back the area was full of game and now it is sterile ground and so few elk that the wolves were actually moving out. To know that they ate out an entire habitat in a few years is disturbing. There is not enough free winter range to support the wolves style of killing. But who would think of that...

Offline jyerxa

• Frontiersman
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2011, 10:35:41 AM »
This could be old news Idk, but has anybody read all the bashing these animal rights guys are saying about us guys off huntingWashington.com about this wolf killing?  Just Google Skinned corpse of wolf discovered in Washington state and read the comments.  B.S.!!!

Damn! I shot first and asked questions later. Old six gun habit of mine.  :guns: I didn't find any calling out of huntingwashington.com.

http://ecotrope.opb.org/2011/02/skinned-wolf-corpse-found-in-washington/
times before with just leather, wool and cotton.

Offline Arteman

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
  • General of the Mongolian Bigfoot Militia
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001803366476
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2011, 10:51:34 AM »
This could be old news Idk, but has anybody read all the bashing these animal rights guys are saying about us guys off huntingWashington.com about this wolf killing?  Just Google Skinned corpse of wolf discovered in Washington state and read the comments.  B.S.!!!

Apparently it's comments like this that they are speaking about:

I could only hope it is someone off of here that killed it........
how was my comment bad in any sorts, I was just letting people know that use this site to talk about hunting that these people were bashing this site in comparison to this wolf killing.  I don't support the reintroduction of the wolves, I dont support poaching, but i do support huntingwashington.com.
When you see the third, thin the herd.
Right now I'm somewhere picking up sheds.

Offline dirty24d

• Carnivore
  • Sourdough
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2011, 11:09:19 AM »
Arteman nobody is saying your comments were wrong they were referring to Reminton300mag stating that he hopes a huntwa member killed it.
~  ~One of my favorite clothing patterns is camouflage. Because when you're in the woods it makes you blend in. But when you're not it does just the opposite. It's like "hey, there's an *censored*."”

Be come one with Nature......... Then Marinade it.

One moment you're flying south for the winter, then - BANG - gravy.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2011, 11:35:17 AM »
Oh I am sorry....didn't realize I wrote..."This Comment is Directed to pianoman9701".......LOL.....Now if you could be so kind as to read the comments above....you will see where people are saying that I should just shut my mouth and be a good little whipping boy.......

I agree we should be vocal about it, Rem. I also feel that we should speak in such a way that we don't come off to the 93% of the public who doesn't hunt as blood-thirsty, wolf-hating maniacs who are willing to break the law to get what we want. Many have expressed responsible views regarding the wolves here, not advocating illegal activities. However, the comments of people who DO promote poaching of wolves will always be picked up by the fanatics of the other side and used to turn the fence sitters against us. We need to be vocal AND responsible in our objections. Let the wolf fanatics come off looking like the idiots and zealots, not us.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Green Lantern

• Tracker
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2011, 11:39:27 AM »
I hope every hunter out there does their part when they see a wolf that's the only chance we have.

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2011, 11:41:50 AM »
Comments like that are like fat girls and mopeds... best keep them to yourself.  :bash:
:chuckle: :chuckle: :tup: :yeah:

Offline shanevg

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
    • https://www.facebook.com/shanevg
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2011, 11:48:21 AM »

I agree we should be vocal about it, Rem. I also feel that we should speak in such a way that we don't come off to the 93% of the public who doesn't hunt as blood-thirsty, wolf-hating maniacs who are willing to break the law to get what we want. Many have expressed responsible views regarding the wolves here, not advocating illegal activities. However, the comments of people who DO promote poaching of wolves will always be picked up by the fanatics of the other side and used to turn the fence sitters against us. We need to be vocal AND responsible in our objections. Let the wolf fanatics come off looking like the idiots and zealots, not us.
:tup:

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2011, 11:52:08 AM »
I hope every hunter out there does their part when they see a wolf that's the only chance we have.

Comments like this paint us all as poachers and lawbreakers. It's not the people in this forum I worry about reading this. It's the people from outside who'll use it against us and others will see this and listen to them. IMHO, this is irresponsible posting on this topic. Just my  :twocents:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline dirty24d

• Carnivore
  • Sourdough
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2011, 12:04:05 PM »
If we stop telling these guys how ignorant they are for encouraging illegal activities this thread will die and we'll all be better off.   My  :twocents:
~  ~One of my favorite clothing patterns is camouflage. Because when you're in the woods it makes you blend in. But when you're not it does just the opposite. It's like "hey, there's an *censored*."”

Be come one with Nature......... Then Marinade it.

One moment you're flying south for the winter, then - BANG - gravy.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2011, 12:12:38 PM »
If we stop telling these guys how ignorant they are for encouraging illegal activities this thread will die and we'll all be better off.   My  :twocents:

You're right. I'm out.

Offline Arteman

• Sourdough
  • General of the Mongolian Bigfoot Militia
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001803366476
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2011, 12:39:24 PM »
God what a mess, yeah your right.  I should have never opened this can of worms.  You can still defend your cause but be a little more choosey with the wording.  Certain comments should be moderated and deleted in defense or the rest of the people that use this site, last thing I want is us to be judged as a whole.
When you see the third, thin the herd.
Right now I'm somewhere picking up sheds.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal